Jump to content
Hunter Hall is the type to give away the farm. Bring liqour by the drink to us. Give tax incentives and give away whatever he can to put feathers in the cap on his bald head. Full of one liners from 1970's leadership training. He knows the schools are bad. He knows the biz he has brought here is crime producing. He knows the police chief has made it real known that Walmart draings public safety dollars. The Bd of Commisioners failed to give him all that money he wanted so he screams like a wet diapered baby at a board member who he admits tells the TRUTH. Hall needs to GO!
Frustrated I have to agree with you and it has become a finger pointing expedition I really think there isnt any libel in any of it, I do think that playing the blame game needs to stop. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty but the way it looks we are all guilty until proven innocent what a shame. Well we will see what happens on June 19 th I wonder how ms black will be affected by this. I hope everything works out for her as well.
and why is a principal abusing our court system for personal drama - no libel at all woman just opinion get out of the kitchen if the heat is high cause the math scores suck
1. Does the school system have a policy on higher leadership positions dating, marrying, and if not why not? What are there plans to keep this from happening again? 2. Is it true that the former principal of Newton High and the current dep supt of Operations owned a business together Lead Learners LLC while one oversaw HR for the other? Ask does this represent a conflict of interest? 3. Tips were sent to the superintendent about the topics of alcohol in the news at Alcovy. Has there been a follow up investigation on any of the public concerns and have any tips been sent in that have had follow up and what results if any can you share to help us improve the schools we pay for? 4. Does the board have plans to institute a nepotism policy? 5. Will the board work with local Senate and House legislators to create a bill to prevent the type of HR conflicts of interest in school systems statewide? 6. How many teachers and staff have left Alcovy High since 2009 and what is the plan for filling the "brain drain"? 7. Have club sponsors at Alcovy High been interviewed and have results led to any revelations about claims? 8. When teachers and other employees have advised the board of what they have known to be true per conflicts of interest in hiring why has the board not acted on these concerns? 9. What plans does the school system have to raise graduation rates and achievement levels at Alcovy High, a school we are all paying for with major math failures in Math 2
So the latest buzz from here in Tiger Town is that 92% of the sophomore class failed the Math End of Course Test. I really hope that is not true because if it is then obviously something is not working. Oh, and there was another fight today. "Suspected" gang members jumped another student. But of course, there are no gangs at Alcovy. Right?
Please attend Tuesday night's BOE meeting at 7 p.m. and sign up to have your 5 minutes to talk. Ask these questions so the press can hear the answers:
1. What do you know as a board about the Sams-Carpenter Lead Learners LLC and does this represent a conflict of interest in past years that continues today with other hiring of personnel? Wasn't this a case, like the present, where a supervisor was supervising someone of close relation?
2. What is the update on the Covington News' inquiry into the illegal meeting? What did the Attorney General say?
3. Have investigations of club sponsors at Alcovy High been completed since tips were sent in to the county office last week and to officials?
4. What plans does the board have to correct the nepotism scandal in Nweton County Schools?
Dear caliisweetheart to answer ur qstn. There was another letter they say round 2109. A bd member leaked it to Carpenter and he raised hell until they forced Matthews to edit. This was the buzz at Alcovy today. We have 2 schl supers so let's see who wins.
Mr. Turner needs to go. Please get rid of him!!!!!!!!!!!!
why would there be a need to prove anyone knew something was false before they said or wrote it - there is nothing here that is nothing but opinion - i can tell you this i will not vote for Lindsey for any Judge job this woman stop up our court system with hooey like this she might as well take down her website
I have seen with my own eye different students getting different treatment. So I my spouse is being mistreated here and my child is exposed if my name is out there does the newspaper expose me and open up my spouse and my child to damage? I hope this is put in the trash where it belongs and someone focuses on improving this place. Don't I have rights to freedom of speech about the performance of a school I help to pay for?
Last login: Wednesday, September 12, 2012