PoolBoy

PoolBoy 1 year, 10 months ago on Letter: We gain more than we lose from T-SPLOST

I don't think anybody who reads these post is surprised to hear that from you. That is your right. God Bless America.

0

PoolBoy 1 year, 10 months ago on T-SPLOST to be decided on July 31 ballot

Salem Road "is fine"? I'm sorry but I thought we were talking about the Salem Road in Newton County that currently has over 23000 cars per day and is expected to carry over 42000 cars by 2032. That is not fine by any stretch of anybody's imagination. Something has to be done sooner than later. Vote YES.

0

PoolBoy 1 year, 10 months ago on Road rage: Citizens angry over failing roads

So either complain about how bad it is and do nothing so it gets worse or pass the T-SPLOST and see progress. Vote YES

0

PoolBoy 1 year, 10 months ago on Road rage: Citizens angry over failing roads

OK, I live in District 2 also. So you're saying the new City of West Newton would not be in Newton County after it is formed? And all of the newly elected city council of West Newton are honest? Too bad they can't get around due to the traffic congestion on Salem Road. Vote YES for T-SPLOST

0

PoolBoy 1 year, 10 months ago on DOT revising Salem Road T-SPLOST description

So your'e saying to just do nothing, leave it 2 lanes, and let it get worse instead of doing something to fix the problem? Vote YES

0

PoolBoy 1 year, 10 months ago on DOT revising Salem Road T-SPLOST description

School SPLOST can not be used for transportation improvements and therefore the County was made to look bad because of the School Board. The School Board should coordinate with the County regarding school locations but they usually do not. T-SPLOST would give the County money to address school road issues which they can not address now. Vote YES

0

PoolBoy 1 year, 10 months ago on DOT revising Salem Road T-SPLOST description

The world does not stop at the County line! I live in Newton and drive in Rockdale and pay Federal taxes. I don't care which part on my money is used as long as something gets done. Vote YES.

0

PoolBoy 1 year, 10 months ago on Road rage: Citizens angry over failing roads

25% of the T-SPLOST goes to the County for whatever transportation project they want to spend it on. Salem Road and the other projects are in the 75% bucket.

0

Prev