Photo detail

The Covington Fire Department responded to this home on Durden Circle near Geiger Street around 8:15 p.m. Tuesday when a fire started in the chimney. According to Deputy Fire Chief Tony Smith, the blaze was extinguished about 45 minutes later and the homeowner received no injuries. However, the house is likely a total loss, Smith said. Throughout the night and morning Wednesday, emergency crews were busy assisting citizens and motorists who were stranded due to ice. (Special photo)

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Ice causes 'treacherous' road conditions, brings down trees and power lines

Ice causes ‘treacherous’ road conditions, brings down trees and power lines

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment