May 18, 2013
This image shows the work of the masonry crew after chiseling out the filled-in brick "quoins" (an external solid angle of a wall) on the northeast corner of the Porter Gymnasium. This is believed to be the the way Macon architect Ellamae Ellis League intended for the facade to appear when the gym was completed in 1938.- Special photo
Stories this photo appears in:
The refurbishing of Porterdae Gym continues; expectations are that the first phase will be completed by late summer or early fall 2013.