Photo detail

Staff Photos: Sue Ann Kuhn-Smith Hector, a 3-year-old pit bull belonging to the staff at Wellspring Animal Hospital, is all tangled in tinsel. Though the decoration looks festive, it can present a danger for animals who might get tangled or choked, according to Dr. Laura Thomas, also pictured.
Hector makes the right choice here, opting for the dog treat over a chocolate cookie. Chocolate can cause digestive and other problems for dogs, Thomas said. She added that she treats plenty of animals who are sick from being fed more food during the holidays than they typically receive. 

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Animal experts urge protection of pets during holidays

COVINGTON -- It's only natural to want to include all those you love in holiday festivities, including family pets. But holiday decorations, feasting and traveling pose some very real dangers to animals, and pet owners need to be aware of how to keep their animals safe this time of year.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment