Leesburg native files contract compaint with California state government
Saying he is “grateful for the opportunities” American Idol afforded him, Phillip Phillips is suing to gain control of his career.
Law enforcement targeting Twitter account in investigation
The FBI and Atlanta police are investigating a Twitter account tied to a bomb threat at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
The National Retail Federation announced Wednesday that holiday retail sales hit their highest peak since 2011 amid a boost of consumer confidence and lower gas prices.
Governor highlights prison reforms, charter schools in speech
Gov. Nathan Deal began his second term Monday by focusing on new beginnings for those residents who have lost their liberties and the youngest residents who are not yet old enough to exercise their political will at the ballot box.
Mercedes-Benz will move its U.S. headquarters to Atlanta from northern New Jersey, affecting about 1,000 employees.
Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, Dwight Yoakam, Jason Isbell, Old Crow Medicine Show and over a dozen other country music artists will perform on three stages during the two-day festival.
Atlanta police are investigating a shooting inside a movie theater in the city's Midtown neighborhood that left two people hospitalized in stable condition.
Officials say the new Atlanta streetcar is expected to open just before the end of the year.
Sony Pictures cleared the way on Tuesday for release of "The Interview" in some U.S. theaters on Christmas Day, less than a week after pulling the movie following a devastating cyberattack that has been blamed on North Korea.
Coca-Cola Co plans to cut 1,000-2,000 jobs globally in the coming weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.
The Ebola virus and celebrities who died this year dominated search trends in Georgia.
According to foreclosure documents, music producer Jermaine Dupri is losing his multimillion dollar Atlanta mansion.
Gainesville's airport is putting in place new guidelines that would allow airplanes four times larger than previously allowed to land there.
Hall County sheriff's officials say their goal is to outfit every deputy and patrol supervisor with a body camera within the next four months.
Newton County News
- End of an era at UGA not necessarily end of Richt
- Rockdale Board of Ed approves budget schedule
- Man robbed after arranging sale of Air Jordans on Instagram
- Halloween drive-by shooting suspect linked to gang activity
- Inaugural Outstanding Achievement Award presented to Andy Shipp and Steve Carter
- Newton commissioners to hear two controversial zoning issues
- Rockdale and Newton counties restaurant health scores, Nov. 23-30
- Huckaby: I will live life to the fullest and not be controlled by fear
- ‘Never say never’
- Newton commissioners table action on Family Dollar rezoning request
- Newton blotter, Nov. 11-17
- Rockdale blotter, Nov. 10-16
- Rockdale blotter, Nov. 3-9
- Newton blotter, Nov. 4-10
- Newton blotter, Oct. 28-Nov. 3
- Rockdale Jail Blotter, Oct. 27-Nov. 2
- Rockdale blotter, Oct. 20-26
- Newton blotter, Oct. 21-27
- Rockdale blotter, Oct. 13-19
- Newton blotter, Oct. 7-13
- Pumpkin patch, corn maze, pedal cars a few of the highlights at Southern Belle Farm
- Covington family restaurant offers giveaways to celebrate anniversary
- Belk seasonal employment could lead to full-time work
- Kohl' s to hire more than 69,000 associates for holiday season
- Pratt's newest recycling facility in Conyers officially online
- Inspect-All of Conyers named to Inc. 5000 list
- Jersey Mike's donates to Covington YMCA
- Lexicon honored for work with Rockdale school system
- Firehouse Subs donates water to Rockdale Fire Department
- Allstate agency opens at Courtesy Ford