When a federal appeals court hears arguments in the legal challenges against tough new laws targeting illegal immigration in Alabama and Georgia, people outside of those two states will be paying attention.
ATLANTA (AP) -- Executives at Atlanta's airport say they are widening a runway and making other preparations for the world's biggest passenger jet to begin making flights to and from South Korea.. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport officials say Korean Air plans to begin daily service between Atlanta and Seoul
ATLANTA (AP) -- The wife of presidential candidate Mitt Romney will campaign in Georgia ahead of the state's Super Tuesday primary next week.. Ann Romney is scheduled to appear at a meet-and-greet event Thursday at a barbeque restaurant in Alpharetta. She'll then head to the grand opening of
A spokesman for GOP Presidential contender Mitt Romney says that Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens will lead efforts in Georgia to get Romney solidified as the nominee.
Forecasters are predicting a moderate risk of severe storms for parts of north Georgia -- including the possibility of tornadoes -- as a large weather system pushes into north Georgia.
The Senate is expected to vote on a constitutional amendment to allow the state to create charter schools.
Gingrich has acknowledged that winning his home state is crucial to his campaign but has stopped short of saying a loss here would force him out of race.
Atlanta's zoo has two new tiny monkeys after a golden lion tamarin gave birth. Zoo Atlanta says 5-year-old Robin gave birth to three infants Saturday. One did not survive, which is not uncommon for these monkeys. The other two seem to be doing well. Golden lion tamarins are tiny monkeys that are about the size of squirrels.
Georgia lawmakers should give last year's changes to the HOPE scholarship time to work before considering any new changes to the program, Gov. Nathan Deal said Tuesday.
Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal is calling for the state to produce another 250,000 college graduates by 2020.
A copy of the Ten Commandments could be posted in all Georgia government buildings and schools under a bill passed unanimously Tuesday by House lawmakers.
The Georgia Senate has approved legislation that could make the optional "In God We Trust" decals for state license plates free.
Agencies that illegally withhold records from the public would face more expensive fines under a rewrite of Georgia’s open government law that won initial approval Monday from a House subcommittee.
A few dozen people opposing legislation that would bar illegal immigrants from state colleges, universities and technical schools rallied at the Capitol.
Researchers who analyzed the heat-related deaths of 58 football players nationwide found the numbers dramatically increased in recent years, and that most deaths have occurred during morning practices.
Newton County News
- Newton Citizen Poll for March 9, 2014
- Newton Blotter for March 7, 2014
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Newton Citizen Poll for March 2, 2014
- Newton Citizen Poll for Feb. 23, 2014
- Newton Blotter
- Newton Citizen Poll for Feb. 16, 2014
- GPC closing
- Notice to RNC employees and customers
- All GPC campuses closed
- Newton Jail Blotter
- Rockdale Blotter for Jan. 3
- Newton Jail Log, Dec. 24-Jan. 1
- Newton Jail Blotter
- Newton Jail Log for Nov. 15, 2013
- Newton Jail Log
- Porterdale officer injured in traffic stop
- Newton Jail Log for week of Sept. 4 to Sept. 10, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for Aug. 23, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for Aug. 9, 2013
- Covington's Mitchell named United Bank Employee of the Year
- Inspect-All Services honored by UGA
- Conyers' THP Printing acquires Forest Park business
- Stroke, bone density screenings offered in Conyers
- TONY WILSON: Glitches in healthcare.gov leave some without coverage
- Kohl's Cares offering scholarships for youth volunteers
- Salt of the Earth offers therapy room, massage
- Local sorority chapter holds heart wellness event
- Conyers resident named director of tourism for McDonough
- Conyers resident wins $1,000 at open house event