The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Friday that the U.S. Constitution provides same-sex couples the right to marry in a historic triumph for the American gay rights movement.
Deal wants to establish a more permanent production industry in his state and spare its film and TV credit from being a political target.
Porterdale Elementary School names students to honor roll.
Newton County Theme School at Ficquett names students to honor roll.
He said the diagnosis won’t affect his bid for re-election in 2016.
A beluga whale calf born at the Georgia Aquarium last month stopped nursing, was not gaining weight and was fighting for her life this week. She died on Friday.
A math teacher and coach at a Stone Mountain middle school was fired this week and faces charges that he allowed students to have sex in a classroom storage closet, a school district spokesman said.
Jury decides on lethal injection for 21-year-old Chechen
A federal jury on Friday sentenced Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to death for helping to carry out the 2013 attack that killed three people and injured 264 at the world-renowned race, taking 15 hours to reach a decision.
A small plane carrying four people crashed on a busy Atlanta-area highway after taking off from a nearby airport on Friday, a Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman said.
A former SEC-standout football star has been charged with murder in the death of his girlfriend’s 4-year-old son in Buford, Ga.
Five students were killed and two were injured in an accident along Interstate 16 near Savannah on Wednesday morning.
A grand jury indicted a former Atlanta-area police chief late on Wednesday on a misdemeanor charge of reckless conduct for shooting his wife in bed on New Year's Day in an apparent accident that left her partly paralyzed.
Eleven former Atlanta public school educators were found guilty by a jury on Wednesday on charges of racketeering in one of the largest U.S. test-cheating scandals.
Governor's move opens up state resources for disaster preparedness in areas expecting ice
Gov. Nathan Deal signed an executive order to declare a state of emergency for disaster preparedness for the 15 North Georgia counties under a winter storm warning and will ask state workers in affected areas who are not involved in emergency response to work from home.
For the entire month of February, Chick-fil-A restaurants will give customers free cups of its new specialty-grade THRIVE Farmers hot or iced coffee all day long.
Newton County News
- ‘Never say never’
- Newton commissioners table action on Family Dollar rezoning request
- Newton County schools’ funding depends on outcome of state’s Education Reform Commission recommendations
- Hard-working college kids like Malik McCrary will rise to the top
- Newton planners recommend denial of Stanton Springs master plan change
- Medical helicopter gets big welcome at Covington Municipal Airport
- Community calendar listings for Nov. 27
- Grinch returns to Christmas on the Square
- ‘What’s on your Christmas wish list?’
- Police search for two suspects in multiple thefts of commercial lawn mowers
- Newton blotter, Nov. 11-17
- Rockdale blotter, Nov. 10-16
- Rockdale blotter, Nov. 3-9
- Newton blotter, Nov. 4-10
- Newton blotter, Oct. 28-Nov. 3
- Rockdale Jail Blotter, Oct. 27-Nov. 2
- Rockdale blotter, Oct. 20-26
- Newton blotter, Oct. 21-27
- Rockdale blotter, Oct. 13-19
- Newton blotter, Oct. 7-13
- Pumpkin patch, corn maze, pedal cars a few of the highlights at Southern Belle Farm
- Covington family restaurant offers giveaways to celebrate anniversary
- Belk seasonal employment could lead to full-time work
- Kohl' s to hire more than 69,000 associates for holiday season
- Pratt's newest recycling facility in Conyers officially online
- Inspect-All of Conyers named to Inc. 5000 list
- Jersey Mike's donates to Covington YMCA
- Lexicon honored for work with Rockdale school system
- Firehouse Subs donates water to Rockdale Fire Department
- Allstate agency opens at Courtesy Ford