ATLANTA (AP) -- Executives at Atlanta's airport say they are widening a runway and making other preparations for the world's biggest passenger jet to begin making flights to and from South Korea.. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport officials say Korean Air plans to begin daily service between Atlanta and Seoul
ATLANTA (AP) -- The wife of presidential candidate Mitt Romney will campaign in Georgia ahead of the state's Super Tuesday primary next week.. Ann Romney is scheduled to appear at a meet-and-greet event Thursday at a barbeque restaurant in Alpharetta. She'll then head to the grand opening of
A spokesman for GOP Presidential contender Mitt Romney says that Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens will lead efforts in Georgia to get Romney solidified as the nominee.
Forecasters are predicting a moderate risk of severe storms for parts of north Georgia -- including the possibility of tornadoes -- as a large weather system pushes into north Georgia.
The Senate is expected to vote on a constitutional amendment to allow the state to create charter schools.
Gingrich has acknowledged that winning his home state is crucial to his campaign but has stopped short of saying a loss here would force him out of race.
Atlanta's zoo has two new tiny monkeys after a golden lion tamarin gave birth. Zoo Atlanta says 5-year-old Robin gave birth to three infants Saturday. One did not survive, which is not uncommon for these monkeys. The other two seem to be doing well. Golden lion tamarins are tiny monkeys that are about the size of squirrels.
Georgia lawmakers should give last year's changes to the HOPE scholarship time to work before considering any new changes to the program, Gov. Nathan Deal said Tuesday.
Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal is calling for the state to produce another 250,000 college graduates by 2020.
A copy of the Ten Commandments could be posted in all Georgia government buildings and schools under a bill passed unanimously Tuesday by House lawmakers.
The Georgia Senate has approved legislation that could make the optional "In God We Trust" decals for state license plates free.
Agencies that illegally withhold records from the public would face more expensive fines under a rewrite of Georgia’s open government law that won initial approval Monday from a House subcommittee.
A few dozen people opposing legislation that would bar illegal immigrants from state colleges, universities and technical schools rallied at the Capitol.
Researchers who analyzed the heat-related deaths of 58 football players nationwide found the numbers dramatically increased in recent years, and that most deaths have occurred during morning practices.
Crude oil almost $110 a barrel
Rising gas prices threaten the worldwide economic recovery, but that prices are expected to keep rising into spring and summer. Ongoing strains with Iran keep heightening fears of another war in the Middle East, driving oil prices to almost $110 a barrel, and increasing gas prices in the U.S.
- Birds hatch at Career Academy
- School board approves tentative budget; Delays changes to Ombudsman transportation, additional nurses
- Jackson Lake records first boating fatality of season
- BOC still mulling budget options
- Up, up and away
- Covington Police search for suspects who are believed to be involved in theft of checks from local store
- Two 6-year-olds bitten by wild fox at Rocky Plains school playground
- Tech knocks off FSU in dramatic fashion
- Firearms ordinance approved 4 comments
- Jeff Meadors: Performance flags give needed direction for educational improvement
- Newton County Jail Blotter for May 17, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for May 10, 2013
- Newton County Jail Log for May 3, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for April 26, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for April 12, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for March 22, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for March 15, 2013
- The Newton County Jail Blotter for March 8, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for March 1, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for Feb. 22, 2013
- National EMS celebrates two decades of accreditation
- Hen House presents art show in Olde Town
- Newton leaders graduate from economic development academy
- Bard employee honored for her work with new hires
- Moe's named top Mexican chain
- Discount Tire opens in Conyers
- RMC employee honored by United Way
- Pratt breaks ground on transfer station
- Risk Management wins Citizen drawing
- Apollo Staffing honored