The Ebola virus and celebrities who died this year dominated search trends in Georgia.
According to foreclosure documents, music producer Jermaine Dupri is losing his multimillion dollar Atlanta mansion.
Gainesville's airport is putting in place new guidelines that would allow airplanes four times larger than previously allowed to land there.
Hall County sheriff's officials say their goal is to outfit every deputy and patrol supervisor with a body camera within the next four months.
Federal prosecutors say three former corrections officials have been sentenced for beating an inmate and conspiring to cover it up.
Authorities say a small plane made an emergency landing on a north Georgia interstate.
The initial cost of the retractable-roof facility, which will replace the Georgia Dome in 2017, was estimated at $1 billion. That was later raised to $1.2 billion.
Ben Lee Cheshire, who was married to Bryan's late sister, Kelly, died Saturday
Luke Bryan had been scheduled to appear at the CMT Artists of the Year show tonight at Nashville.
Georgia's hospital for sick and injured sea turtles is busier than ever as it helps treat hundreds of endangered turtles washing ashore with acute hypothermia in Massachusetts.
Researchers at the University of Georgia have confirmed what many students have probably suspected for years while simultaneously proving a Lindsay Lohan movie wrong.
If Democrats want to win statewide in Georgia, they'll need to start now by reaching out to key constituencies and dedicating more money and resources to building up a network of grassroots supporters.
Protesters marched and rallied in Atlanta Tuesday to protest a grand jury’s decision not to indict the police officer who fatally shot an unarmed 18-year-old in Ferguson, Missouri.
Activists plan to rally in downtown Atlanta in response to a grand jury's decision not to indict the police officer who fatally shot an unarmed 18-year-old in Ferguson, Missouri.
English became the public face of the state's weak response to a January snowstorm
The head of Georgia's emergency management agency has been demoted to a deputy position, months after becoming the public face of the state's weak response to a January snowstorm that trapped motorists on highways in metro Atlanta for hours.
Atlanta's fire chief has been suspended after city officials say he violated policy by self-publishing a book that describes homosexuality as a "perversion."
Newton County News
- Community calendar of events for July 1
- HB 251 school choice transfers being accepted
- Newton County Commissioners to meet on landfill proposal that has been withdrawn
- NCSO: Man shoots girlfriend when she woke him up
- Georgia State Patrol steps up patrols to crack down on DUIs over 4th of July weekend
- Davis receives Quota International scholarship
- Newton County commissioners set public hearings on millage increase
- Community calendar of events for June 30
- Supreme Court upholds murder conviction in Rockdale County 'shaken baby' case
- Checkers in Covington closed for reprairs Monday after grease fire
- Newton Blotter, June 17-23
- Newton Blotter, June 10-16
- Newton Blotter, May 27 to June 2
- Newton Blotter, May 27 to June 2
- Newton Blotter, May 20-26
- Newton Blotter, May 13-19
- Newton Blotter, May 7-12
- Newton Blotter, April 29-May 5
- Newton Blotter, April 15-21
- Newton Blotter, April 8-14
- Rockdale Medical Center social worker Jennifer Phillips presented Mercy Award
- Rockdale Medical Center lead tenant in Conyers Medical Park expansion
- Day laborer rose through ranks over the decades to become construction superintendent
- Vet clinic to hold Spay/Neuter Extravaganza on June 13
- Nominations being taken for Leadership Rockdale
- United Bank offers fraud prevention app
- Newton leaders graduate from economic development training
- Conyers native Thompson promoted in Comptroller of Currency Office
- Dentist honored by Emory
- Covington resident hired as investment advisor at United Bank