A body in a Georgia lake has been identified as that of an 87-year-old Georgia woman whose husband was found decapitated in their home.
Five students were shot near an Atlanta area high school on Tuesday afternoon, although none of the injuries was life threatening, police said.
Clayton County school police officials said 11 people, including one parent, were arrested Tuesday about noon during a brawl at Charles Drew High School.
Rapper Gucci Mane pleaded guilty Tuesday to a federal charge of possessing a firearm while being a felon, the latest in a long history of legal troubles for the Atlanta-based entertainer.
Georgia police were searching this week for a missing elderly woman whose husband was found beheaded in their home.
Jeffery Willard Wooten, 50, is accused of robbing Waffle House Thursday evening using a pitchfork. He has not been detained.
Paine College in Augusta, Georgia, ordered the school's campus closed and placed on lockdown on Monday after a reported shooting.
Six people were hurt in a shooting at a FedEx facility at a suburban Atlanta airport early on Tuesday, and the suspected shooter died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
In the race for the open District 112 seat in the Georgia House of Representatives, Ester Fleming says he’s the most credible candidate, thanks to his many years of experience in both the public and private sectors.
Officers found and confiscated a “stun gun” from one traveler at the world’s busiest airport, according to the TSA’s “Week In Review” report on items found at U.S. airports.
A campus lockdown at Kennesaw State, the third-largest university in Georgia, was lifted on Friday when police completed a search after a report of a possible armed man.
Georgia Governor Nathan Deal signed a broad expansion of gun carry rights into law on Wednesday, allowing legal gun owners to take weapons into bars, churches and government buildings under certain conditions.
As many as 100 students at a suburban Atlanta high school were exposed to pepper spray on Wednesday after the material was released in a school hallway in an apparent prank.
Newton County Commissioner J.C. Henderson says that there’s no substitute for experience when it comes to governance.
Longtime WSB Radio and WSB-TV traffic reporter, “Captain” Herb Emory, passed away Saturday.
Newton County News
- Newton Blotter, July 15-22
- Newton BOE extends superintendent's contract
- 'Bessie' filming schedule causes frustration for Olde Town businesses
- JACK SIMPSON: Trouble on the border
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Georgians have achieved Grady's dream of a 'New South'
- Community Calendar for July 25, 2014
- Sword-wielding man shot by police expected to recover
- Covington woman arrested in latest Conyers Police Department prostitution sting
- Jobless rates up in Rockdale, Newton
- Covington officer shoots man wielding sword | VIDEO
- Newton Blotter, July 15-22
- Newton Jail Blotter for July 11, 2014
- Newton Blotter, June 24-30
- Newton Blotter, June 18-24
- Newton Blotter, June 11-17
- Newton Blotter, June 4-10
- Newton Blotter, May 28-June 3
- Newton Jail Blotter, May 14-20
- Newton Blotter, April 30-May 6
- Newton Blotter, April 23-May 1
- Covington man publishes children's book on values
- Hillphoenix awards scholarships
- Life Line health screenings scheduled at Conyers church
- Snapping Shoals EMC employees join in lineman rodeo
- J.H. House Elementary parent wins shopping spree contest
- Economic development training class graduates Newton participants
- Sketching Pad changes location in Olde Town
- Southern Bungalow fills niche with specialty clothing, accessories
- Citizen ad staff earns Georgia Press award
- TONY WILSON: Examine health care options closely before renewal