McDonough artist Andy Davis remains hospitalized at Grady Memorial Hospital after suffering grave injuries early Saturday while riding his motorcycle.
Google is planning an 800,000-square-foot expansion of its Lithia Springs data center, investing nearly $300 million.
Flint Hill Elementary School names students to the honor roll.
According to Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal’s office, films like “The Hunger Games” and Marvel’s “Ant-Man” contributed to the industry’s $6 billion economic impact on the state.
A Georgia appeals court will hear arguments on Thursday in a Ku Klux Klan chapter's lawsuit against the state for refusing the white supremacist group's application to "adopt" a stretch of highway.
Beginning on Monday, employees will be able to begin enrolling their same sex spouse in coverage in the University System of Georgia benefits plans.
Five fatalities over the weekend were reported by DeKalb County police and one by Atlanta police.
A mob of nearly 50 people burst in to a Macon Wal-Mart and smashed merchandise early Sunday morning.
McDonough City officials and staff say the removal of old flags from the Square is not in response to the Charleston shooting tragedy.
Georgia was ranked the No. 1 job creator in the clean energy industry during the first quarter of 2015, thanks in part to the state's strong solar industry.
Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A has been named the top fast food restaurant in the United States for customer satisfaction, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index Restaurant Report released this week.
More than 50 same-sex couples took part in a mass wedding ceremony on Sunday in Buckhead.
A man is in custody after a hearse was stolen from the morgue outside Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.
A.G. Sam Olens says the final call on the issue was made by the Supreme Court
In a statement to the public and a memo to state department heads, Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens says the georgia will adhere to the 5-4 ruling today by the U.S. Supreme Court recognizing same-sex marriage nationwide.
A fire inside a church with a primarily African-American congregation in Macon, Georgia has been ruled as arson by fire officials, local newspaper the Telegraph reported.
Newton County News
- Snapping Shoals names winners of annual mini-grants
- Newton Commissioners shoot for May 24 SPLOST referendum
- Henry County police arrest Rockdale County man suspected of making threats on social media
- Newton blotter, Sept. 30-Oct. 6
- Rockdale blotter, Sept. 29-Oct. 5
- County to join city in upscale retail development discussion
- Newton commissioners back away from public comment restrictions
- Check out Georgia Artists with Disabilities exhibit at Conyers library | PHOTOS
- Amazing grace on display at the Music Barn
- Covington man dies in crash Monday on Ga. Highway 11
- Rockdale blotter, Sept. 22-28
- Newton blotter, Sept. 16-22
- Newton blotter, Sept. 9-15
- Newton blotter, Sept. 2-8
- Rockdale blotter, Sept. 1-7
- Newton blotter, Aug. 26-Sept. 1
- Newton blotter, Aug. 19-25
- Newton Blotter, Aug. 13-19
- Newton blotter, July 29-Aug. 4
- Newton blotter, July 22-28
- Pumpkin patch, corn maze, pedal cars a few of the highlights at Southern Belle Farm
- Covington family restaurant offers giveaways to celebrate anniversary
- Belk seasonal employment could lead to full-time work
- Kohl' s to hire more than 69,000 associates for holiday season
- Pratt's newest recycling facility in Conyers officially online
- Inspect-All of Conyers named to Inc. 5000 list
- Jersey Mike's donates to Covington YMCA
- Lexicon honored for work with Rockdale school system
- Firehouse Subs donates water to Rockdale Fire Department
- Allstate agency opens at Courtesy Ford