Georgia will not drug test food stamp recipients under a controversial new law that both federal and state officials concluded was illegal, the governor's office said on Friday.
A driver who told police he had smoked marijuana crashed his car into CNN headquarters in Atlanta early on Friday, causing damage but no injuries, police said.
A truck driver from Jonesboro accused of triggering a fatal New Jersey car crash that critically injured actor Tracy Morgan pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to charges of vehicular homicide and assault by auto.
Celebrity chef Paula Deen will launch a subscription-based, online network in September featuring her Southern home cooking, a year after she lost her Food Network show and millions of dollars in product endorsements amid a racial controversy.
P.F. Chang's China Bistro is investigating claims of a data breach involving credit and debit card data stolen from restaurant locations in the United States.
A college in Gwinnett County has reached a settlement with federal authorities after it reportedly asked a student with HIV to discontinue her education.
Federal prosecutors in Georgia announced indictments on Tuesday against 88 people in one of the country's largest food-stamp fraud cases.
Former Beatle Paul McCartney, following his doctors' orders as he recovers from a viral illness after falling ill in Japan last month, has rescheduled some U.S. dates on his world tour.
Actor and comedian Tracy Morgan, best known for his roles on "Saturday Night Live" and "30 Rock," was badly injured when his limo bus overturned in a multi-vehicle crash that killed another comic in New Jersey early on Saturday.
A deputy in Forsyth County was shot in the leg Friday morning, according to reports.
Authorities said Markel Collins contacted Gwinnett County District Attorney Danny Porter, an office manager and his own defense attorney demanding his case be dropped.
The governor will stop an increase in the motor fuel tax scheduled to go into effect July 1.
A Georgia police officer moonlighting as a security guard was shot to death after attempting to arrest an intoxicated customer in the parking lot of a Waffle House restaurant.
The U.S. Department of Transportation said on Thursday it had fined Southwest Airlines a total of $300,000 for advertising low airfares for which no seats were available.
A Locust Grove man will spend life in prison for killing his cellmate over a Reese’s peanut butter cup in August 2012.
Newton County News
- Mandatory residential trash pickup has negatives
- Newton Blotter, July 23-29
- Commissioners deal directly with citizens on 2050 Plan
- CPD: Woman fires gun at neighbor trying to use her Dumpster
- Community Calendar for July 31, 2014
- Golden State Foods donates backpacks full of school supplies to NCSS
- Deputy finds stolen checks from Newton County businesses during traffic stop
- What is the 2050 Plan?
- High school football less than 30 days away
- Community Calendar for July 30, 2014
- Newton Blotter, July 15-22
- Newton Jail Blotter for July 11, 2014
- Newton Blotter, June 24-30
- Newton Blotter, June 18-24
- Newton Blotter, June 11-17
- Newton Blotter, June 4-10
- Newton Blotter, May 28-June 3
- Newton Jail Blotter, May 14-20
- Newton Blotter, April 30-May 6
- Newton Blotter, April 23-May 1
- Seminar offered on Affordable Care Act
- Covington resident joins Teach for America
- CrossFit Conyers offers rigorous fitness routines
- Covington man publishes children's book on values
- Hillphoenix awards scholarships
- Life Line health screenings scheduled at Conyers church
- Snapping Shoals EMC employees join in lineman rodeo
- J.H. House Elementary parent wins shopping spree contest
- Economic development training class graduates Newton participants
- Sketching Pad changes location in Olde Town