Former Ga. governor not interested in running for Senate in 2014.
Delta Air Lines is planning to open outdoor terraces with sweeping runway views for its Delta Sky Clubs members at New York's John F. Kennedy and Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airports.
The Georgia Senate has passed Gov. Nathan Deal's proposal to shore up the state's Medicaid system without having lawmakers approve an explicit tax to generate the money.
A Georgia-based restaurant firm says suspicious computer files have been found at some of its locations, prompting it to warn customers about the potential for fraud.
The city council in a metro Atlanta town has decided to oust its mayor after months of controversy.
The woman who was listed as the world's oldest person died Tuesday in a Georgia nursing home at age 116.
Legendary University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker plans to help open a new restaurant, Herschel's Famous 34 Pub & Grill in Athens.
Eight months after a trio of ticket buyers split a $656 million Mega Millions jackpot to set a world lottery record, Powerball is offering up a prize that would be the second highest.
Atlanta's zoo is mourning the death of a male lowland gorilla. Zoo Atlanta says 50-year-old Ivan never regained consciousness after he was put under general anesthesia Monday for a diagnostic assessment.
The top two editors at the student-run newspaper at the University of Georgia have been reinstated after walking out along with other student journalists amid a dispute over editorial control.
For the first time in its 80-year history, Augusta National Golf Club has female members.
A Northern California produce supplier said Sunday it is voluntarily recalling romaine lettuce that was shipped to 19 states, Puerto Rico and Canada over fears about possible E. coli contamination.
Students who work for a University of Georgia newspaper are protesting a decision they say gives control over stories to non-students.
ATLANTA (AP) -- State labor officials say Georgia's jobless rate rose to 9.3 percent in July, which is up from 9 percent in June.. Georgia Labor Commissioner Mark Butler says a main reason for the increase is a large number of temporary layoffs in manufacturing. However, Butler says many of
ATLANTA (AP) -- The Powerball jackpot has grown to $305 million for Wednesday's drawing.. The prize grew after no one matched all six numbers in the multi-state lottery drawing Saturday night. The winning numbers were: 4, 13, 39, 46 and 51. The Powerball was 1.. Though no one hit
Newton County News
- Newton Phone Poll for Nov. 24, 2013
- Newton Jail Log, Nov. 13-20
- Newton Citizen Poll for Nov. 17, 2013
- Newton Jail Log for Nov. 15, 2013
- Two killed in early morning crash in Newton County
- Newton Citizen Poll for Nov. 10, 2013
- Newton County blotter Oct. 30-Nov. 5
- JEFF MEADORS: Legendary figures populate Newton's past
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Food tour of the state builds up an appetite
- Eastside crowns its queen
- Newton Jail Log for Nov. 15, 2013
- Newton Jail Log
- Porterdale officer injured in traffic stop
- Newton Jail Log for week of Sept. 4 to Sept. 10, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for Aug. 23, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for Aug. 9, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for Aug. 2, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for July 26, 2013
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for July 19, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for July 19, 2013
- East Metro Board of Realtors inducts officers for 2014
- Caribbean restaurant Golden Krust opens in Conyers
- TONY WILSON: Be aware that rate quotes on healthcare.gov may conflict
- Santa comes to Stonecrest
- Chamber re-schedules health care reform session
- TONY WILSON: Health care exchange website lacking in health plan details
- TONY WILSON: Health care reform means some will lose their health plans
- Hogs, Hens and Heifers Bar-B-Que opens in Conyers
- Christmas Decor franchisees offer free services to military families
- New businesses move into Wall Street office park