Authorities say a small plane made an emergency landing on a north Georgia interstate.
The initial cost of the retractable-roof facility, which will replace the Georgia Dome in 2017, was estimated at $1 billion. That was later raised to $1.2 billion.
Ben Lee Cheshire, who was married to Bryan's late sister, Kelly, died Saturday
Luke Bryan had been scheduled to appear at the CMT Artists of the Year show tonight at Nashville.
Georgia's hospital for sick and injured sea turtles is busier than ever as it helps treat hundreds of endangered turtles washing ashore with acute hypothermia in Massachusetts.
Researchers at the University of Georgia have confirmed what many students have probably suspected for years while simultaneously proving a Lindsay Lohan movie wrong.
If Democrats want to win statewide in Georgia, they'll need to start now by reaching out to key constituencies and dedicating more money and resources to building up a network of grassroots supporters.
Protesters marched and rallied in Atlanta Tuesday to protest a grand jury’s decision not to indict the police officer who fatally shot an unarmed 18-year-old in Ferguson, Missouri.
Activists plan to rally in downtown Atlanta in response to a grand jury's decision not to indict the police officer who fatally shot an unarmed 18-year-old in Ferguson, Missouri.
English became the public face of the state's weak response to a January snowstorm
The head of Georgia's emergency management agency has been demoted to a deputy position, months after becoming the public face of the state's weak response to a January snowstorm that trapped motorists on highways in metro Atlanta for hours.
Atlanta's fire chief has been suspended after city officials say he violated policy by self-publishing a book that describes homosexuality as a "perversion."
Carter: Campaign victim of Republican wave
Jason Carter said his grandfather, former President Jimmy Carter, suggested he reconnect with family after a grueling campaign schedule.
State Sen. John Albers, a Roswell Republican, said the details of his bill are still in the works but pledged not to force local school districts to cover all costs of moving to digital materials.
State officials have unveiled a list of 30 projects that will receive $22.4 million in federal housing tax credits to build or rehab affordable housing properties across the state.
The plan outlined by the president Thursday would affect an estimated 5 million people
Georgia’s senators and senator-elect say President Obama overstepped his powers with the executive action he announced.
Emory University and the Georgia Institute of Technology plan to break ground soon on a new joint library project.
Newton County News
- FBI gives 'all clear' after bomb threat hoax at Hartsfield-Jackson
- THE RECIPE BOX: Super Bowl sausage appetizer perfect mix of sweet and spicy
- Newton County man facing drug charges after allegedly letting fugitive escape
- Club meetings for Jan. 25, 2015
- Town hall meeting for Rockdale County set for Jan. 31
- Promoted employee thankful for city's new CDL program
- Dog agility trials, set for Feb. 6-8 at Horse Park, show off canine's speed, grace | PHOTOS
- Weekend calendar for Jan. 24 and 25
- ROB JENKINS: Finding balance doesn’t require a circus act
- Newton Citizen Poll for Jan. 25, 2015
- Newton Blotter for Jan. 14-20
- Newton Blotter for Jan. 7 - 13
- Newton Blotter for Dec. 31, 2014 - Jan. 6, 2015
- Newton blotter for Dec. 26, 2014
- Newton Blotter for Dec. 19, 2014
- Newton Blotter, Dec. 3-9
- Newton Blotter, Nov. 12-18
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Nov. 21, 2014
- Newton Blotter, Nov. 5-11
- Newton Blotter, Oct. 15-21
- WildArt gallery opens on Covington Square
- Family Community Housing Association offers workshop to assist potential homebuyers, those facing foreclosure
- Cannon real estate settles into Wall Street complex
- Nora Goodman re-elected to Farm Bureau Board
- Ga. lawmakers press forward on medical marijuana
- Rockdale firefigher opens dive shop in Covington
- National EMS hosts Kim Atkins fund-raiser on Nov. 1
- Ginn Motor supports Y soccer program
- National Alzheimer's Association co-founder visits Merryvale in Covington
- Dermatology Consultants holds beauty program at location in Covington