Atlanta police are investigating a shooting inside a movie theater in the city's Midtown neighborhood that left two people hospitalized in stable condition.
Officials say the new Atlanta streetcar is expected to open just before the end of the year.
Sony Pictures cleared the way on Tuesday for release of "The Interview" in some U.S. theaters on Christmas Day, less than a week after pulling the movie following a devastating cyberattack that has been blamed on North Korea.
Coca-Cola Co plans to cut 1,000-2,000 jobs globally in the coming weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.
The Ebola virus and celebrities who died this year dominated search trends in Georgia.
According to foreclosure documents, music producer Jermaine Dupri is losing his multimillion dollar Atlanta mansion.
Gainesville's airport is putting in place new guidelines that would allow airplanes four times larger than previously allowed to land there.
Hall County sheriff's officials say their goal is to outfit every deputy and patrol supervisor with a body camera within the next four months.
Federal prosecutors say three former corrections officials have been sentenced for beating an inmate and conspiring to cover it up.
Authorities say a small plane made an emergency landing on a north Georgia interstate.
The initial cost of the retractable-roof facility, which will replace the Georgia Dome in 2017, was estimated at $1 billion. That was later raised to $1.2 billion.
Ben Lee Cheshire, who was married to Bryan's late sister, Kelly, died Saturday
Luke Bryan had been scheduled to appear at the CMT Artists of the Year show tonight at Nashville.
Georgia's hospital for sick and injured sea turtles is busier than ever as it helps treat hundreds of endangered turtles washing ashore with acute hypothermia in Massachusetts.
Researchers at the University of Georgia have confirmed what many students have probably suspected for years while simultaneously proving a Lindsay Lohan movie wrong.
Newton County News
- Rockdale and Newton counties restaurant health scores, May 25 to June 1
- Georgia Supreme Court upholds murder conviction of Newton County man
- Weekend calendar of events for May 30 and 31
- THE RECIPE BOX: Tender summer potatoes a seasonal favorite
- ‘Get involved’ commissioner tells young professionals
- Rockdale County Farmers Market features fresh vegetables, fruit, eggs, and crafts
- Newton County Sheriff’s Office deputy shot during training at gun range
- Newton County landfill committee identifies information needed to explore solid waste issues
- Newton Citizen Poll for May 31, 2015
- Jealous husband charged with beating man with 2x4
- Newton Blotter, May 20-26
- Newton Blotter, May 13-19
- Newton Blotter, May 7-12
- Newton Blotter, April 29-May 5
- Newton Blotter, April 15-21
- Newton Blotter, April 8-14
- Newton Blotter, March 25-31
- Newton Blotter, March 18-24
- Newton Blotter, March 11-17
- Newton Blotter, March 4-10
- Dentist honored by Emory
- Covington resident hired as investment advisor at United Bank
- Customer donations benefit students at Pine Street Elementary
- Subaru ‘Share the Love’ event generates $900 for Rockdale Meals on Wheels
- Georgia Credit Unions finish strong in final quarter of 2014
- Church at Covington hosts Newton Leadercast
- Inspect-All Services awarded Best of 2014 on Kudzu
- Local Realtor trains to help military families relocate
- Find clothes for children and adults at Brandy's Hope Chest, a Covington consignment shop
- Amici aims to please customers through great food, service