Beginning on Monday, employees will be able to begin enrolling their same sex spouse in coverage in the University System of Georgia benefits plans.
Five fatalities over the weekend were reported by DeKalb County police and one by Atlanta police.
A mob of nearly 50 people burst in to a Macon Wal-Mart and smashed merchandise early Sunday morning.
McDonough City officials and staff say the removal of old flags from the Square is not in response to the Charleston shooting tragedy.
Georgia was ranked the No. 1 job creator in the clean energy industry during the first quarter of 2015, thanks in part to the state's strong solar industry.
Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A has been named the top fast food restaurant in the United States for customer satisfaction, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index Restaurant Report released this week.
More than 50 same-sex couples took part in a mass wedding ceremony on Sunday in Buckhead.
A man is in custody after a hearse was stolen from the morgue outside Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.
A.G. Sam Olens says the final call on the issue was made by the Supreme Court
In a statement to the public and a memo to state department heads, Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens says the georgia will adhere to the 5-4 ruling today by the U.S. Supreme Court recognizing same-sex marriage nationwide.
A fire inside a church with a primarily African-American congregation in Macon, Georgia has been ruled as arson by fire officials, local newspaper the Telegraph reported.
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Friday that the U.S. Constitution provides same-sex couples the right to marry in a historic triumph for the American gay rights movement.
Deal wants to establish a more permanent production industry in his state and spare its film and TV credit from being a political target.
Porterdale Elementary School names students to honor roll.
Newton County Theme School at Ficquett names students to honor roll.
He said the diagnosis won’t affect his bid for re-election in 2016.
Newton County News
- THE RECIPE BOX: Raisin apple oatmeal a quick, hearty breakfast for school days
- Developer ready to resurrect subdivisions in Newton County | PHOTOS
- AWAKE Coffee's 24-hour event to benefit homeless | PHOTOS
- Newton Citizen Poll for Aug. 2, 2015
- Newton County school year off and running | PHOTOS
- Covington Police Department accepting applications for third Citizens Academy
- Rockdale County Sheriff's Office deputy involved in wreck on Salem Road
- Victim returns gunfire with suspects in home invasion
- Udder Mud Run offers obstacle courses for both young and old
- Councilmen face state fines for nondisclosure
- Newton blotter, July 22-28
- Newton blotter, July 15-21
- Newton blotter, July 8-14
- Newton blotter, July 1-7
- Newton blotter, June 24-29
- Newton Blotter, June 17-23
- Newton Blotter, June 10-16
- Newton Blotter, May 27 to June 2
- Newton Blotter, May 27 to June 2
- Newton Blotter, May 20-26
- Covington orthopaedists named top doctors
- Locals elected to Commission Council
- Back-to-school event sponsored by daycare center
- Publix collecting donations for school supply drive for needy
- Social Circle barbershop holds fundraiser
- Ellison began career as Conyers doctor in 1980
- Covington resident opens store in honor of late sister
- Square Bikes carries road, mountain, hybrid and children's bikes and accessories
- Gregory Pope elected to policy-making position with State Bar
- April Conway of Rockdale will serve in Bangladesh as a consular officer