Leesburg native files contract compaint with California state government
Saying he is “grateful for the opportunities” American Idol afforded him, Phillip Phillips is suing to gain control of his career.
Law enforcement targeting Twitter account in investigation
The FBI and Atlanta police are investigating a Twitter account tied to a bomb threat at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
The National Retail Federation announced Wednesday that holiday retail sales hit their highest peak since 2011 amid a boost of consumer confidence and lower gas prices.
Governor highlights prison reforms, charter schools in speech
Gov. Nathan Deal began his second term Monday by focusing on new beginnings for those residents who have lost their liberties and the youngest residents who are not yet old enough to exercise their political will at the ballot box.
Mercedes-Benz will move its U.S. headquarters to Atlanta from northern New Jersey, affecting about 1,000 employees.
Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, Dwight Yoakam, Jason Isbell, Old Crow Medicine Show and over a dozen other country music artists will perform on three stages during the two-day festival.
Atlanta police are investigating a shooting inside a movie theater in the city's Midtown neighborhood that left two people hospitalized in stable condition.
Officials say the new Atlanta streetcar is expected to open just before the end of the year.
Sony Pictures cleared the way on Tuesday for release of "The Interview" in some U.S. theaters on Christmas Day, less than a week after pulling the movie following a devastating cyberattack that has been blamed on North Korea.
Coca-Cola Co plans to cut 1,000-2,000 jobs globally in the coming weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.
The Ebola virus and celebrities who died this year dominated search trends in Georgia.
According to foreclosure documents, music producer Jermaine Dupri is losing his multimillion dollar Atlanta mansion.
Gainesville's airport is putting in place new guidelines that would allow airplanes four times larger than previously allowed to land there.
Hall County sheriff's officials say their goal is to outfit every deputy and patrol supervisor with a body camera within the next four months.
Newton County News
- Community Calendar for Jan. 29, 2015
- Georgia State Patrol Post 46 statewide leader in 2014 Toys for Tots campaign
- Georgia Perimeter College's Newton Campus to have representation on GSU-GPC consolidation committee
- Annual report: Covington-Newton County 911 Communications Center dispatched more calls in 2014 in shorter amount of time
- Newton Medical Auxiliary to hold Dillard's vendor sale
- Sen. Rick Jeffares to chair Senate Regulated Industries Committee
- Newton County Sheriff's Office arrests second person in connection with beating of elderly man
- Down-home values: Ride-along with John Douglas reveals roots
- Weekend calendar for Jan. 24 and 25
- Newton County Sheriff's Office pursues burglary suspects after witness calls 911
- Newton Blotter for Jan. 14-20
- Newton Blotter for Jan. 7 - 13
- Newton Blotter for Dec. 31, 2014 - Jan. 6, 2015
- Newton blotter for Dec. 26, 2014
- Newton Blotter for Dec. 19, 2014
- Newton Blotter, Dec. 3-9
- Newton Blotter, Nov. 12-18
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Nov. 21, 2014
- Newton Blotter, Nov. 5-11
- Newton Blotter, Oct. 15-21
- Auto brokerage sells vehicles at a discount
- Discovery Point Conyers awarded 3-star rating from state
- WildArt gallery opens on Covington Square
- Family Community Housing Association offers workshop to assist potential homebuyers, those facing foreclosure
- Cannon real estate settles into Wall Street complex
- Nora Goodman re-elected to Farm Bureau Board
- Ga. lawmakers press forward on medical marijuana
- Rockdale firefigher opens dive shop in Covington
- National EMS hosts Kim Atkins fund-raiser on Nov. 1
- Ginn Motor supports Y soccer program