Georgia Gwinnett College’s name is misspelled on a new sign leading the way to the school off Georgia Highway 316.
A child trying to open a toy with a lighter caused a Gwinnett County Walmart to be evacuated Wednesday afternoon.
Police in suburban Atlanta are seeking medical and life insurance records for a toddler who died last month after his father left him in a hot car for more than seven hours, according to search warrants released on Monday.
A suburban Atlanta man charged with murder after his 22-month-old son died from being left in a hot car for seven hours was having marital and work problems and wanted to live a child-free life.
The director of a movie about singer Gregg Allman and two others working on the project were indicted on Thursday on involuntary manslaughter charges prompted by a deadly train crash on the film's set in southeast Georgia.
Gwinnett County police believe the 13-year-old son of Recardo Wimbush was confined to a dark room inside his Buford home for nearly two years.
Six people from Clayton County were among 71 men and women busted in a nationwide operation targeting commercial child sex trafficking, said FBI officials Monday.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reassigned the director of the bioterror lab behind the potential anthrax exposure of dozens of scientists and staff, sources told Reuters, as the anthrax controversy intensified.
A museum opening in Atlanta on Monday links the U.S. civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s to modern fights for human rights across the world to give visitors new insight on how the struggles are related, organizers said.
As many as 84 scientists and staff in government laboratories in Atlanta may have been exposed to live anthrax bacteria after researchers failed to follow safety procedures, prompting an investigation by federal authorities.
Officials said unemployment has risen from April to May every year for more than a decade, due in part to spring college graduates entering the job market.
In both cases, the executions proceeded shortly after the U.S. Supreme Court denied multiple applications from the inmates seeking 11th-hour reprieves. A third inmate in Florida was due to be executed on Wednesday.
Georgia will not drug test food stamp recipients under a controversial new law that both federal and state officials concluded was illegal, the governor's office said on Friday.
A driver who told police he had smoked marijuana crashed his car into CNN headquarters in Atlanta early on Friday, causing damage but no injuries, police said.
A truck driver from Jonesboro accused of triggering a fatal New Jersey car crash that critically injured actor Tracy Morgan pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to charges of vehicular homicide and assault by auto.
Newton County News
- Newton Citizen Poll for July 27, 2014
- Newton Blotter, July 15-22
- Newton BOE extends superintendent's contract
- 'Bessie' filming schedule causes frustration for Olde Town businesses
- JACK SIMPSON: Trouble on the border
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Georgians have achieved Grady's dream of a 'New South'
- Community Calendar for July 25, 2014
- HONOR ROLL: Newton High School
- BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT: Maxwell Strange
- Sword-wielding man shot by police expected to recover
- Newton Blotter, July 15-22
- Newton Jail Blotter for July 11, 2014
- Newton Blotter, June 24-30
- Newton Blotter, June 18-24
- Newton Blotter, June 11-17
- Newton Blotter, June 4-10
- Newton Blotter, May 28-June 3
- Newton Jail Blotter, May 14-20
- Newton Blotter, April 30-May 6
- Newton Blotter, April 23-May 1
- Covington man publishes children's book on values
- Hillphoenix awards scholarships
- Life Line health screenings scheduled at Conyers church
- Snapping Shoals EMC employees join in lineman rodeo
- J.H. House Elementary parent wins shopping spree contest
- Economic development training class graduates Newton participants
- Sketching Pad changes location in Olde Town
- Southern Bungalow fills niche with specialty clothing, accessories
- Citizen ad staff earns Georgia Press award
- TONY WILSON: Examine health care options closely before renewal