Tens of thousands of Baltimore Ravens fans dressed in purple and black cheered, sang and danced during a celebration of their team's Super Bowl victory.. After a ceremony in front of City Hall that featured brief remarks from head coach John Harbaugh, the parade streamed past the Inner Harbor on
Tampa, FL - Tyler Austin has been invited to his first spring training at the professional level. The former Heritage stand out told MILB.com he will be invited to the New York Yankees’ spring camp next month in Tampa.
Smith says quarterback would have played in Super Bowl in two weeks had Atlanta won vs. 49ers
Hall of Fame baseball player Stan Musial, who used an unorthodox batting style to become one of the sport's greatest hitters in 22 seasons with the St. Louis Cardinals, died on Saturday at age 92, his former team said in a statement.. Musial, adored by fans for his humility and
ATLANTA -- The Falcons are well aware of just how desperate this city is for its first Super Bowl championship. Mike Peterson sees and hears it everywhere he goes.
FLOWERY BRANCH -- Michael Turner's trademark high-pitched laugh filled the Falcons' locker room.. Asked about San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick, Turner grinned Thursday and said "I'm glad I'm not on defense."
When Matt Bryant is on the sideline, fully aware the game might be decided by his right leg, he'll drape a towel over his head to shut out the world.
The Braves have traded Tommy Hanson to the Los Angeles Angels for former closer Jordan Walden.
FLOWERY BRANCH -- Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan doesn't like to discuss his accomplishments for more than a couple of minutes. That's nothing unusual. Ryan never says too much when asked to consider his chance to become NFL MVP.
Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s championship hopes officially end Thursday when he’s ruled out by a doctor for the next two races following his second concussion in the last six weeks.
ATLANTA -- During their dismal first season, the Atlanta Falcons' mascot -- a real bird -- apparently decided he had seen enough bad football.. So, he picked up and left. Just flew away.. For the better part of the next four decades, plenty of Atlantans probably wished they could've followed
PHILADELPHIA -- Freddie Freeman hit a three-run homer to back Mike Minor and the Atlanta Braves roughed up Roy Halladay to move closer to clinching a postseason berth with an 8-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday.
Tyler Austin is headed to Trenton.
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. -- Padraig Harrington found a way to take some of the attention away from Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy on Thursday. He made six birdies on the tough back nine of Bethpage Black and opened the FedEx Cup playoffs with a 7-under 64 for a one-shot lead.
ATLANTA -- Mike Smith isn't thinking about the opponent as his Falcons enter their preseason opener against the Baltimore Ravens.. There has been no game-planning in practice this week for tonight's matchup against the Ravens. Instead, the coach said he wants to use his first look at his players
Newton County Sports
- NCSS stops fall baseball from before it starts
- Maryland to provide lifetime degree guarantee
- Flag frenzy: Penalties on rise, here to stay
- Manziel struggles, but creates controversy
- Farmer roughed up in Toledo debut
- No rest for the weary in FedEx Cup playoffs
- Falcons slide Matthews to left tackle
- Rockdale volleyball reaches tournament semis for first time
- Rams to rely on offensive experience to reach their goal
- NASCAR tells drivers to stay in cars in wake of fatal crash
- Macon's Mercer University stuns Duke in NCAA Tournament
- Tech, UGA fall Tuesday in men's hoops
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional
- Neal named scholar athlete
- Allen signs wrestling scholarship with Chattanooga
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region