Jimmie Johnson’s quest to win a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Michigan International Speedway suddenly got significantly more difficult.
Upton's eighth-inning home run extends lead over Nationals to 13.5 games
Alex Rodriguez, baseball's highest-paid player and one of the sport's greatest hitters, was suspended for a record 211 games on Monday for alleged doping offenses.
Chris Johnson drove home two runs and Alex Wood gave up one run in six innings as visiting Atlanta completed a three-game sweep to extend its winning streak to 10.
PHILADELPHIA — Dan Uggla drove in the winning run with a fielder’s choice bouncer in the 12th inning on Saturday as the Atlanta Braves extended their winning streak to nine games with a 5-4 victory over the Philadelphia Philles.
Simmons’ double made to order for Braves
Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson’s season
With a primary goal of building an offensive line to help quarterback Matt Ryan, the Atlanta Falcons report to training camp Wednesday and are on the field Thursday.
Braves lose to White Sox 10-6, and starting pitcher Maholm strains his wrist.
Atlanta Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman will not play in Tuesday's All-Star Game because of a jammed left thumb. He'll be replaced by teammate Brian McCann.
Tyler Austin’s minor league all star game debut went perfectly.
Former Atlanta Braves third baseman Chipper Jones does not like what he sees when Angele Hernandez is umpiring a game.
The full lineups for the American and National League teams that will take part in Tuesday's 84th annual All-Star Game at Citi Field in New York were announced early Saturday evening.. All-Star Game managers are San Francisco's Bruce Bochy for the National League and Detroit's Jim Leyland for
LONDON — No one would have guessed that Sabine Lisicki is allergic to grass as she joyfully rolled on the most famous rectangle of turf after surviving a heart-pumping, nerve-jangling epic to set up a mind-boggling Wimbledon final against Marion Bartoli.
Chris Johnson is easy to overlook on a Braves roster that focuses on the long-ball.. The third baseman, who mainly bats eighth in the order, has been one of the team's most consistent hitters all season.. He showed his ability to deliver the big hit again Tuesday against the
Newton County Sports
- Mason’s 304 yards secures Auburn’s SEC championship
- Six in double figures as Louisville rolls
- Hewitt, Marshall fall to Rice in Conference USA title game
- Hot shooting helps Tech blow out ETSU
- Mitchell strong again in Seminoles’ lopsided win
- Alexander’s late 3-pointer buries Lovejoy
- Korver ties record in Atlanta win
- Marshall’s big night leads Tech women past Illinois
- FSU’s Winston will not be charged
- The Miracle League to benefit from Oaks Course Christmas tournament
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional
- Neal named scholar athlete
- Oxford's Feldman stepping away to join company
- Salem grad Roddenberry receives school honor
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team