Former Deerfield star and Tigers senior Andre Young, in one of his final games in a Clemson uniform, brings his team back in overtime Saturday with a huge 3-pointer to beat N.C. State.
When Dorenzo Hudson launched the final shot of the game, he fell backward onto the floor and never saw the ball swish through the net.
Ed Schutte, who helped usher Georgia Perimeter College softball into the fastpitch era and built the program to national prominence, has announced the 2012 season will be his last at the school.
The Georgia baseball team, which was ranked as high as No. 11 in one of the four major polls, opens its 2012 season at home today.
Spurrier and 10 other university coaches, leaders and officials will be in Los Angeles this weekend to appear before the NCAA Committee on Infractions. The NCAA says the school received $55,000 in improper benefits for athletes -- mostly football players -- who stayed at a hotel for a reduced rate and for South Carolina's involvement with a mentoring group in Delaware.
Florida coach Kevin O'Sullivan couldn't believe he was saying the words. Just two years ago it would have been college baseball blasphemy: Pitchers are dominant in the Southeastern Conference.. "The pitching is as good as it's ever been," O'Sullivan said. "This league's always had the Friday night starters, but
As the regular season comes to an end, the Oxford College men's basketball team is once again in streak mode. After an 18-point loss to Gordon College on Feb. 4, the Eagles recorded back-to-back Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association victories.
Wesleyan grad posts career high in Sunday victory
Georgia's biggest recruit in years, freshman Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, scores 20 points, including a huge 3-pointer late to sink No. 20 Mississippi State, 70-68, in overtime Saturday on the road.
According to complaints, former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky has been caught watching children in a nearby schoolyard from the back porch of his home as he awaits trial -- on house arrest -- for child sexual abuse charges, stemming from his time with the Nittany Lions.
OXFORD -- The Oxford College men's basketball team got some bad news in early January when sophomore guard Stephen Simmons, the Eagles' leading scorer, injured his left knee in the team's 97-79 loss at Pasco-Hernando Community College in Florida.. The good news is that in Simmons' absence, the Eagles
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Trae Golden came off the bench for the first time this season and scored 16 points to lead Tennessee in a 73-62 win against Georgia on Saturday night.. After a back-and-forth first half, the Bulldogs held a 41-34 lead with 14:25 to play when Jordan
Tech snapped its losing streak with a win over Boston College.
The Oxford College men's basketball team knew the cards were stacked against them in Saturday's game against Gordon College at Williams Gymnasium.
ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech officials are considering the implications of this week's disclosure that the school broke NCAA recruiting rules.. Co-offensive line coach Todd Spencer resigned under pressure after the school discovered his impermissible texts to recruits. Spencer's resignation and the rules violations were announced on Wednesday's national signing
Newton County Sports
- Six in double figures as Louisville rolls
- Hewitt, Marshall fall to Rice in Conference USA title game
- Hot shooting helps Tech blow out ETSU
- Mitchell strong again in Seminoles’ lopsided win
- Alexander’s late 3-pointer buries Lovejoy
- Korver ties record in Atlanta win
- Marshall’s big night leads Tech women past Illinois
- FSU’s Winston will not be charged
- The Miracle League to benefit from Oaks Course Christmas tournament
- Willette to swim in three events in Atlanta
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Braves' winning streak grows to season-high 11
- A-Rod suspended through 2014 season; 12 others for 50 games
- Ten in a row for Braves
- Braves run win streak to nine games with extra-inning victory
- Braves bats show up just in time
- Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson's season
- Falcons look to rebuild offensive line
- Braves lose to White Sox 10-6
- McCann to replace injured Freeman at All-Star Game