Although the Oxford College men's basketball team had to put in a little overtime to close out the regular season, the Eagles will be more than ready when everything is on the line this weekend in the Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association tournament.
The hitters in the Ohio State lineup probably wouldn't object to never seeing Buck Farmer again. The former Rockdale standout struck out a career high 13 in six innings of four-hit ball in Georgia Tech's 12-4 victory over Ohio State on Friday at Russ Chandler Stadium. Georgia State's Jake Dyer, a Salem graduate, tossed seven innings of eight-hit ball, and allowed three earned runs in the Panthers' 8-5 victory over Austin Peay.
OXFORD -- Oxford College freshman guard Alex Ordu was named the Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association's Player of the Year on Monday. Also, three Newton players were named to the Region 2-AAAAA team.
Miami star big man Reggie Johnson is deemed to have possibly taken improper benefits by the NCAA and is forced to sit Sunday when the Hurricanes hosted No. 15 Floria State, but it didn't matter as UM shot the lights out for the in-state rivalry win.
Former Deerfield star and Tigers senior Andre Young, in one of his final games in a Clemson uniform, brings his team back in overtime Saturday with a huge 3-pointer to beat N.C. State.
When Dorenzo Hudson launched the final shot of the game, he fell backward onto the floor and never saw the ball swish through the net.
Ed Schutte, who helped usher Georgia Perimeter College softball into the fastpitch era and built the program to national prominence, has announced the 2012 season will be his last at the school.
The Georgia baseball team, which was ranked as high as No. 11 in one of the four major polls, opens its 2012 season at home today.
Spurrier and 10 other university coaches, leaders and officials will be in Los Angeles this weekend to appear before the NCAA Committee on Infractions. The NCAA says the school received $55,000 in improper benefits for athletes -- mostly football players -- who stayed at a hotel for a reduced rate and for South Carolina's involvement with a mentoring group in Delaware.
Florida coach Kevin O'Sullivan couldn't believe he was saying the words. Just two years ago it would have been college baseball blasphemy: Pitchers are dominant in the Southeastern Conference.. "The pitching is as good as it's ever been," O'Sullivan said. "This league's always had the Friday night starters, but
As the regular season comes to an end, the Oxford College men's basketball team is once again in streak mode. After an 18-point loss to Gordon College on Feb. 4, the Eagles recorded back-to-back Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association victories.
Wesleyan grad posts career high in Sunday victory
Georgia's biggest recruit in years, freshman Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, scores 20 points, including a huge 3-pointer late to sink No. 20 Mississippi State, 70-68, in overtime Saturday on the road.
According to complaints, former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky has been caught watching children in a nearby schoolyard from the back porch of his home as he awaits trial -- on house arrest -- for child sexual abuse charges, stemming from his time with the Nittany Lions.
OXFORD -- The Oxford College men's basketball team got some bad news in early January when sophomore guard Stephen Simmons, the Eagles' leading scorer, injured his left knee in the team's 97-79 loss at Pasco-Hernando Community College in Florida.. The good news is that in Simmons' absence, the Eagles
- Blackwell signs with Piedmont
- A GIANT POUNDING: Braves lose 10-1 in San Francisco
- Hubbard wins state track and field title
- Farmer gets no-decision in Tech's walk-off win
- Memphis Grizzlies claw out 87-81 win vs. Thunder in Game 3
- Farmer gets no-decision in Tech's walk-off win
- Quartet of Patriots sign
- Farmer to take on nation's top-ranked team
- Franklin leaps to gold
- Lakeside beats Heritage in penalty kicks
- Lakeside-DeKalb defeats Heritage in penalty kicks
- Heritage track and field finishes seventh at state meet
- East Coweta sweeps Rockdale on diamond
- Heritage boys soccer ends first round slump
- Heritage girls knocked out in opening round
- Rockdale tennis eliminated in second round
- Rockdale tennis sweeps first round matches
- Heritage boys, girls lose tight games to Parkview
- Patriots shut out Clarke Central on diamond
- Eagles top Lanier to remain perfect in region
- Garcia, Leishman share lead at Masters
- Falcons making changes on O-line
- Many favorites for Nicklaus at Masters
- Smith scores 28 as Hawks topple 76ers
- More players to make weekend cut at Masters
- G-Braves sweep doubleheader against Charlotte
- BRAVES NOTES: Venters to see James Andrews about elbow
- Terdoslavich among four Braves sent down
- Rehabbing McCann uncertain of future
- Simmons returns to Braves with red-hot bat