Philadelphia, PA -
Kansas faces potential roadblocks in Georgetown, Michigan.
Second-seeded Miami offers a big test to No. 1 Hoosiers.
Gonzaga, Ohio State earn region's top two seeds.
Top three seeds — Louisville, Duke and Michigan State — have loads of tourney history
Kansas, Indiana and Gonzaga also earn top seeds as path to Atlanta is set.
GREENSBORO, N.C. -- The Georgia Tech men's basketball team was no match for Boston College's freshman standout. Olivier Hanlan set an Atlantic Coast Conference tournament freshman record with 41 points and Boston College beat the Yellow Jackets 84-64 on Thursday in the first round at the Greensboro Coliseum.. Tech, the
TAMPA -- Tyler Austin's baseball life is about to get a whole lot more interesting.. Austin will begin his first spring training as a professional when the New York Yankees began full camp Feb. 17.
COVINGTON -- It's apparent the staff at The Oaks Course not only loves the business of golf, but it also enjoys helping others.. Not only is The Oaks Course the home to two local high school golf teams, Newton and Alcovy. It also provides block off valuable tee times to
LAWRENCEVILLE -- The inaugural season of Georgia Gwinnett College softball didn't get off to a good start, but it didn't take long for the next step to be a great one.. Playing for the first time in school history, GGC split a doubleheader with Faulkner University as the Grizzlies dropped
SEATTLE -- Deshaun Sunderhaus' promising 2012-13 season hit a bit of a snag recently. Sunderhaus, a redshirt freshman from Rockdale now at Seattle University, turned his ankle early in the Redhawks' win over San Jose State on Jan. 31 after playing just four minutes and missing his only field goal
National Signing Day is normally pretty predictable. The top college football programs reap a bountiful harvest of high school talent and the lesser-tier teams fight for the leftovers.. So when Mississippi emerged with the No. 1 recruit in the country, the top-ranked offensive tackle and the highest-rated
Georgia tailback Ken Malcome has announced plans to transfer as he seeks increased playing time at another school.
A story about Manti Te'o's girlfriend dying of leukemia, which the Notre Dame All-American credited with inspiring him as he led the Fighting Irish to the BCS title game, turned out to be a hoax apparently perpetrated against the linebacker, the school said Wednesday.
Alabama beat Notre Dame 42-14 in Monday's BCS title game in Miami. The Crimson Tide won a second straight national title and third in four years.
Newton County Sports
- Wildcats show no letdown in win over Eastern Michigan
- Newton girls win region match, Newton and Heritage boys drop their games
- Eastside boys have no trouble against Henry County
- Mitchell, defense keep Salem girls unbeaten in league
- Eastside among the hardest hit as GHSA releases 2014-2016 realignments
- Tech knocks off Illini in Big 10/ACC Challenge
- Missed opportunities hurt Lady Eagles in home opener against Henry County
- Willette finishes fourth at regional
- Could SEC be too dominate for BCS?
- Could SEC be too dominant for BCS?
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Braves' winning streak grows to season-high 11
- A-Rod suspended through 2014 season; 12 others for 50 games
- Ten in a row for Braves
- Braves run win streak to nine games with extra-inning victory
- Braves bats show up just in time
- Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson's season
- Falcons look to rebuild offensive line
- Braves lose to White Sox 10-6
- McCann to replace injured Freeman at All-Star Game