PHILADELPHIA - Bernard Thompson and Florida Gulf Coast continue to make history.
LEXINGTON - Kevin Ware and Louisville are headed back to the Sweet 16.
Philadelphia, PA -
Kansas faces potential roadblocks in Georgetown, Michigan.
Second-seeded Miami offers a big test to No. 1 Hoosiers.
Gonzaga, Ohio State earn region's top two seeds.
Top three seeds — Louisville, Duke and Michigan State — have loads of tourney history
Kansas, Indiana and Gonzaga also earn top seeds as path to Atlanta is set.
GREENSBORO, N.C. -- The Georgia Tech men's basketball team was no match for Boston College's freshman standout. Olivier Hanlan set an Atlantic Coast Conference tournament freshman record with 41 points and Boston College beat the Yellow Jackets 84-64 on Thursday in the first round at the Greensboro Coliseum.. Tech, the
TAMPA -- Tyler Austin's baseball life is about to get a whole lot more interesting.. Austin will begin his first spring training as a professional when the New York Yankees began full camp Feb. 17.
COVINGTON -- It's apparent the staff at The Oaks Course not only loves the business of golf, but it also enjoys helping others.. Not only is The Oaks Course the home to two local high school golf teams, Newton and Alcovy. It also provides block off valuable tee times to
LAWRENCEVILLE -- The inaugural season of Georgia Gwinnett College softball didn't get off to a good start, but it didn't take long for the next step to be a great one.. Playing for the first time in school history, GGC split a doubleheader with Faulkner University as the Grizzlies dropped
SEATTLE -- Deshaun Sunderhaus' promising 2012-13 season hit a bit of a snag recently. Sunderhaus, a redshirt freshman from Rockdale now at Seattle University, turned his ankle early in the Redhawks' win over San Jose State on Jan. 31 after playing just four minutes and missing his only field goal
National Signing Day is normally pretty predictable. The top college football programs reap a bountiful harvest of high school talent and the lesser-tier teams fight for the leftovers.. So when Mississippi emerged with the No. 1 recruit in the country, the top-ranked offensive tackle and the highest-rated
Georgia tailback Ken Malcome has announced plans to transfer as he seeks increased playing time at another school.
Newton County Sports
- Rockdale sweeps Region 2 tennis crowns again
- ‘Renaissance man’ Gasol happy to control his own destiny
- Hamilton edges Alonso to top second practice session for Mercedes
- Desisa bids for repeat in fast Boston field
- K.J. Choi beats bad weather to take Heritage lead
- Another dominant Braves rotation
- Rams get three playing at next level
- Local runners claim 17 region champions
- Nwiloh heads to MLS after signing with Chivas USA
- Eagles on five-game losing streak after sweep by Lumpkin County
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Autopsy reveals cause of death of Ultimate Warrior
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Braves' winning streak grows to season-high 11
- A-Rod suspended through 2014 season; 12 others for 50 games
- Ten in a row for Braves
- Braves run win streak to nine games with extra-inning victory
- Braves bats show up just in time
- Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson's season
- Falcons look to rebuild offensive line