Kevin Ware's injury and his team's response were part of a memorable Final Four in Atlanta.
With unsung heroes carrying both teams in the first half of the NCAA Men's National Championship Game, the title ultimately came down to the leaders each had come to depend on all season.
Louisville reserve Luke Hancock was named Final Four MVP after his 22 points in the national championship game.
Kevin Ware is a national champion. Luke Hancock scored 22 points and Peyton Siva added 18 as Louisville defeated Michigan, 82-76 in the national title game at the Georgia Dome.
DURHAM, N.C. -- Buck Farmer was once again dominant for Georgia Tech on Friday, but this time it wasn't enough. Farmer tossed a complete game, six-hitter and allowed just two earned runs, but Tech left 10 runners on base, six in scoring position, and Farmer lost his first game
ATLANTA --Star guard Russ Smith did his part for top-seeded Louisville. His main two supporters were a bit of surprise, though.
Injured Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware presented the Top Ten on Thursday's "Late Show with David Letterman."
LOUISVILLE, KY - Before heading south to Atlanta for this weekend’s Final Four, Louisville coach Rick Pitino and Kevin Ware and his mother spoke at a press conference Wednesday about Ware’s horrific leg injury and his come back.
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Rockdale star Kevin Ware suffered a gruesome leg injury during Louisville’s regional final Sunday against Duke.
INDIANAPOLIS - Kevin Ware and the Louisville men’s basketball team are one win away from another final four.
CONYERS - Peter Yates is once again a wrestling All-American.
It has already been a memorable NCAA Tournament for two former Rockdale basketball standouts. Now Kevin Ware of Louisville and Florida Gulf Coast’s Bernard Thompson, both sophomores, get to participate in the Sweet 16, which begins today.
PHILADELPHIA -- Florida Gulf Coast doesn't have any high school All-Americans on its squad. It doesn't have an experienced head coach, and with only one senior starter, there isn't a wealth of experience on the roster either.. What the team does have is a berth in the Sweet 16 and
PHILADELPHIA - Bernard Thompson and Florida Gulf Coast continue to make history.
LEXINGTON - Kevin Ware and Louisville are headed back to the Sweet 16.
Newton County Sports
- Rockdale rolls to victory in swim meet
- Mason’s 304 yards secures Auburn’s SEC championship
- Six in double figures as Louisville rolls
- Hewitt, Marshall fall to Rice in Conference USA title game
- Hot shooting helps Tech blow out ETSU
- Mitchell strong again in Seminoles’ lopsided win
- Alexander’s late 3-pointer buries Lovejoy
- Korver ties record in Atlanta win
- Marshall’s big night leads Tech women past Illinois
- FSU’s Winston will not be charged
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Braves' winning streak grows to season-high 11
- A-Rod suspended through 2014 season; 12 others for 50 games
- Ten in a row for Braves
- Braves run win streak to nine games with extra-inning victory
- Braves bats show up just in time
- Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson's season
- Falcons look to rebuild offensive line
- Braves lose to White Sox 10-6
- McCann to replace injured Freeman at All-Star Game