DEMOREST -- Piedmont College's Josh Bailey was recently named a first-team all-USA South Conference member, one of six Lions to receive all-league honors.. Bailey, a former Salem standout and junior at Piedmont, had a .407 on-base percentage and hit .317 with team-highs in hits (40
Neck and back pain could sideline standout South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney for the remainder of spring practice and the Gamecocks' spring game.. Clowney, considered a 2013 Heisman Trophy candidate and a likely first-round NFL draft pick, sprained his neck in practice last week in a collision with
Kevin Ware's injury and his team's response were part of a memorable Final Four in Atlanta.
With unsung heroes carrying both teams in the first half of the NCAA Men's National Championship Game, the title ultimately came down to the leaders each had come to depend on all season.
Louisville reserve Luke Hancock was named Final Four MVP after his 22 points in the national championship game.
Kevin Ware is a national champion. Luke Hancock scored 22 points and Peyton Siva added 18 as Louisville defeated Michigan, 82-76 in the national title game at the Georgia Dome.
DURHAM, N.C. -- Buck Farmer was once again dominant for Georgia Tech on Friday, but this time it wasn't enough. Farmer tossed a complete game, six-hitter and allowed just two earned runs, but Tech left 10 runners on base, six in scoring position, and Farmer lost his first game
ATLANTA --Star guard Russ Smith did his part for top-seeded Louisville. His main two supporters were a bit of surprise, though.
Injured Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware presented the Top Ten on Thursday's "Late Show with David Letterman."
LOUISVILLE, KY - Before heading south to Atlanta for this weekend’s Final Four, Louisville coach Rick Pitino and Kevin Ware and his mother spoke at a press conference Wednesday about Ware’s horrific leg injury and his come back.
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Rockdale star Kevin Ware suffered a gruesome leg injury during Louisville’s regional final Sunday against Duke.
INDIANAPOLIS - Kevin Ware and the Louisville men’s basketball team are one win away from another final four.
CONYERS - Peter Yates is once again a wrestling All-American.
It has already been a memorable NCAA Tournament for two former Rockdale basketball standouts. Now Kevin Ware of Louisville and Florida Gulf Coast’s Bernard Thompson, both sophomores, get to participate in the Sweet 16, which begins today.
PHILADELPHIA -- Florida Gulf Coast doesn't have any high school All-Americans on its squad. It doesn't have an experienced head coach, and with only one senior starter, there isn't a wealth of experience on the roster either.. What the team does have is a berth in the Sweet 16 and
Newton County Sports
- Florida State No. 1 in preseason coaches poll
- Evans switches sides to head Eastside baseball
- Brewer named new Rockdale baseball coach
- Farmer moving on up to Double-A
- High school football less than 30 days away
- Habeel wins state youth golf tourney
- White done, Jones deal is up next
- Santana, Gattis lead Braves over Padres
- Post 32 dominant to become state champions
- Hall of Fame induction a Braves reunion
- Allen signs wrestling scholarship with Chattanooga
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Baseball Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn dies at 54
- Atlanta Falcons to be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
- Spurs keep their cool in Finals opener vs. Heat
- Brother of Atlanta Falcons' Roddy White dies in shooting
- Atlanta Braves release new renderings of Cobb Co. stadium, mixed-use development
- NBA bans Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life over racist comments
- Former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson arrested
- Autopsy reveals cause of death of Ultimate Warrior
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Johnson goes to backup after crash