Former Rockdale pitcher Buck Farmer was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the fifth round of the Major League First-Year Player Draft Friday.
Salem graduate Josh Bailey was named, along with teammate Jacob Brewster, an all-south region honoree by the American Baseball Coaches Association, one of 11 from the USA South Athletic Conference to be named to the team.
Buck Farmer’s life is about to change in a big way.
Buck Farmer gave Georgia Tech a gutsy start on one day’s rest Monday, but the opposing pitchers were a little too much for the upset-minded Yellow Jackets.
Sheldon Neal received a huge honor recently. At the College Football Hall of Fame/National Football Foundation dinner, the former Rockdale football player was named a Northeast Georgia Scholar Athlete.. Neal was one of five athletes chosen from the area. The University of Georgia chapter honors scholar athletes, both high
OXFORD -- After 10 years as the Oxford College head tennis coach/athletic director, Brandon Feldman is stepping away from the academic arena and joining corporate America.. But before Feldman joins Tennis Connection, a tennis facility management company, he will be the head pro at FishHawk Ranch in Lithia, Fla
Before he becomes a college graduate later this month, Zach Roddenberry grabbed one more honor. The former Salem basketball player and senior at Harding University (Searcy, Ark.) was recently the male recipient of the M.E. Berryhill Award winner.. The Berryhill Award is the highest award the Harding athletic department gives
Buck Farmer pitched well Wednesday in the ACC Tournament opener at Durham Bulls Athletic Park, but heading into the top of the ninth was in line for a loss. Down to their last out, the Yellow Jackets' offense bailed out their ace pitcher.. The seventh-seeded Yellow Jackets were one
Buck Farmer wasn’t at this best Friday against one of the nation’s top hitting teams, but he was good enough to allow his team to get a big come back victory.
Next time you're watching a college basketball game, and supposedly "big-time" players are clanking the ball off the rim over and over again, remember that we mainly have the AAU culture to thank.
DEMOREST -- Piedmont College's Josh Bailey was recently named a first-team all-USA South Conference member, one of six Lions to receive all-league honors.. Bailey, a former Salem standout and junior at Piedmont, had a .407 on-base percentage and hit .317 with team-highs in hits (40
Neck and back pain could sideline standout South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney for the remainder of spring practice and the Gamecocks' spring game.. Clowney, considered a 2013 Heisman Trophy candidate and a likely first-round NFL draft pick, sprained his neck in practice last week in a collision with
Kevin Ware's injury and his team's response were part of a memorable Final Four in Atlanta.
With unsung heroes carrying both teams in the first half of the NCAA Men's National Championship Game, the title ultimately came down to the leaders each had come to depend on all season.
Louisville reserve Luke Hancock was named Final Four MVP after his 22 points in the national championship game.
- Taylor off to good start for Brookhaven
- Eastside girls trio makes all-region team
- Nadal seeded a dangerous fifth for Wimbledon
- RYBA fall registration upcoming
- Woods out until British Open due to elbow strain
- Falcons fast-track Trufant, Alford at cornerback
- Roule tops division in AJG event
- Braves fall short in Game 1 of doubleheader
- NHL-Former NBA player's son seen as slam dunk for big NHL career
- Salem grad off to fast start for Berkeley Lake
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Denmark new Heritage boy's basketball coach
- Newton's Cabane signs with Middle Georgia State
- Tech falls to Virginia in ACC Tournament
- Three Lady Tigers named to all-region team
- Heritage players big part of all-region soccer teams
- Braves rally for 6-5 win over Giants
- Farmer signs with Tigers
- Rochester shuts out Gwinnett
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- De Vries handles Gwinnett
- Braves trade Francisco for minor-leaguer
- Falcons like what they see from Peters
- Late Memorial birdies give Donald major boost
- Braves' Gattis reaching folk hero status
- RG3's knee, relationship with coach on mend