The Baltimore Orioles will not have the services of slugging first baseman Chris Davis during their American League Championship Series matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
Tenth-ranked Georgia is the popular favorite to claim the SEC East title, but the Bulldogs likely will have to beat defending division champion Missouri on the road Saturday to claim the crown.
The No. 23 ranked Yellow Jackets host Duke on Saturday looking to continue their tendency of chewing up opposing defenses behind their triple-option rushing attack that controlled the ball for more than 40 minutes in a 28-17 victory over Miami last week.
After blowing fourth-quarter leads on the road in two consecutive games, the long-term viability of the Mike Smith-Thomas Dimitroff regime is being publicly questioned.
The National League’s dominant postseason teams battle for a crack at another World Series title when the St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco Giants clash in the league championship series.
Football seemed to be a secondary issue when the NFL held its annual fall meeting of team owners.
Already having a loss in Region 2-AAAAAA play, the loser of the Newton and Alcovy game could be facing playoff elimination as the two clash at Homer Sharp Stadium at 7:30 p.m. on Friday.
Games four-through-seven of the 2014 football season were expected to be a difficult time for Rockdale, and so far, it’s been exactly that.
Dodgers’ Beckett says he will retire
Baseball’s highest-paid team succumbed to another seventh-inning disaster and another failed outcome from pitcher Clayton Kershaw as the Los Angeles Dodgers had their season ended on Tuesday by the St. Louis Cardinals.
The United States retained their women’s team title at the Gymnastics World Championships on Wednesday with a massive victory margin over hosts China, with Russia claiming bronze.
A lofty ranking and Heisman Trophy talk may be new to most surrounding Mississippi State’s program. But for Dan Mullen, he’s seen all of this before.
Suspended Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson could stand trial in December in a Texas court on a felony charge that he injured his son while disciplining him with a thin tree branch, a judge said on Wednesday.
Nothing comes easily for San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy.
St. Louis found a way to beat Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers once again. Now, the Cardinals are headed back to the National League Championship Series.
If the Houston Texans are to defeat the Indianapolis Colts and reclaim sole possession of first place in the AFC South, they must contain third-year quarterback Andrew Luck in the nationally televised game Thursday night.
- Rockdale wins the NewRock cross country meet for the first time in 18 years
- Lanier Longhorns prove no match for Heritage Patriots in 49-20 loss
- Alcovy capitalize's on Lady Trojan errors for 3-2 win
- Consistent play to make difference as Eastside try’s to stay unbeaten in subregion
- Clutch hit by Hollingsworth give Alcovy 2-1 win in first playoff game of doubleheader
- Newton softball ready to host first round of Class AAAAAA playoffs
- Young field goal lifts Cougars 17-14 over Georgia Christian
- Lott interception return seals Locust Grove fate as Eastside win 38-29
- Newton penalties not enough to help Alcovy get the win
- Eastside Eagles to take advantage of their dual threat against Locust Grove Wildcats defense
- Ravens’ secondary rallies for test by Falcons
- Chris Webber heading group bidding for Hawks
- Ryan trying to turn things around for Falcons
- Hawks C Horford returns to action
- Hart declines Braves’ offer to be GM
- Falcons offense in need of spark
- Bears-Falcons: What we learned
- Falcons’ freefall ratcheting up heat on front office
- Falcons’ Smith has confidence in DC Nolan
- It’s shootout time at the OK corral
- RB Gurley returns to Georgia practice
- Florida State University breaks silence on quarterback investigation
- Report: Gurley’s season might be over
- Bulldogs head to Missouri without Gurley
- Several Duke players fall ill as they face Ga. Tech’s triple option
- Hunt rushes for career-high 177 yards and a touchdown for Purdue
- Just call it the wild, wild West
- Mariota’s No. 1 pick status dashed along with title hopes?
- Michigan AD admits ‘mistakes’ handling Morris injury
- Florida AD to evaluate Muschamp after season