Before the Atlanta Wildcats officially make Salem High School their permanent home later this year, the new American Basketball Association team will help get Rockdale County better aquatinted with its brand of basketball this weekend.
The Lady Eagles softball team are proving that they are a family as they are hosting an alumni softball game to help the brother of one of their own.
It didn’t take the Salem softball team long to show off what could be the program’s finest offense in years.
The Atlanta Falcons will practice Tuesday morning before traveling to Houston for two days of joint practices with the Texans.
After four months of legal challenges and threats from Donald Sterling, the Los Angeles Clippers have finally changed hands.
Eastside’s defense is going to have to rise to the challenge if they hope to make the Eagles contenders for a playoff bid as they enter Region 4-AAAA this season.
It appears the Detroit Tigers think quite highly of a former area baseball standout.
No charges for now against NASCAR’s Stewart in fatal crash - sheriff
There is currently no evidence that NASCAR champion driver Tony Stewart committed a crime when he struck and killed a fellow driver in a weekend race, the Sheriff of Ontario County, New York, said on Monday.
The Atlanta offense continues to sputter with runners on base, which helps explain the team’s lack of success since the All-Star Game.
With veteran running back Steven Jackson out nursing a left hamstring injury, all three of the Atlanta Falcons running backs behind him on the depth chart had strong efforts in the exhibition opener.
Talk of the ‘Tiger era’ being replaced by a ‘Rory era’ escalated after Rory McIlroy thrust himself into golf’s pantheon of greats by clinching his fourth major title at the 96th PGA Championship on Sunday.
Community mourns death of 20-year-old driver Kevin Ward Jr.
Veteran NASCAR champion Tony Stewart retreated from competition on Sunday after he struck and killed an aggrieved young driver walking on a dirt track in a low-stakes race, in an incident highlighting the risks and bravado around car racing.
NASCAR champion Tony Stewart hit a fellow driver at a race track in western New York state on Saturday, fatally injuring the other man, authorities said.
Rory McIlroy, helped by a spectacular eagle on his ninth hole of the day, roared into a one-shot lead in the weather-hit second round of the PGA Championship at Valhalla Golf Club.
Three days after USA Today reported that the search for commissioner Bud Selig’s successor was whittled down to three candidates, Selig addressed the process on Friday.
- Rams to count on running game against Meadowcreek
- Allen signs wrestling scholarship with Chattanooga
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Scott lands new deal with Hawks
- Retired Atlanta Braves broadcaster Pete Van Wieren dies
- Baseball Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn dies at 54
- Atlanta Falcons to be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
- Spurs keep their cool in Finals opener vs. Heat
- Brother of Atlanta Falcons' Roddy White dies in shooting
- Atlanta Braves release new renderings of Cobb Co. stadium, mixed-use development
- NBA bans Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life over racist comments
- Former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson arrested
- Autopsy reveals cause of death of Ultimate Warrior
- Sims to start at QB for Crimson Tide
- Macon's Mercer University stuns Duke in NCAA Tournament
- Tech, UGA fall Tuesday in men's hoops
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional