The Rockdale boys basketball team will try to continue an impressive streak during the 2015-2016 season.
The Eastside wrestling team finished the season going to the duals where they finished in the top 12 and they had six wrestlers in the traditional meet. Only losing three grapplers from last year head coach Earl Larimer feels they are ready to take that to the next level and possibly be a dominating program again.
The time for celebrating their region championship is over as Newton prepares to face a tough Region 3-AAAAAA No. 4 seed East Coweta team in the first round of the Class AAAAAA playoffs at Homer Sharp Stadium at 7:30 p.m. on Friday.
The Atlanta Falcons finished the first half of the season in good shape to make a playoff run as they get ready to start the second half of the season following their bye week.
Former Atlanta Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson, once considered among baseball’s most promising young talents before being beset by shoulder injuries, has died in Atlanta at age 29, the team said on Tuesday.
Things will look quite a bit different on the basketball court for the Salem girls after the departure of two of the finest players in the program’s history.
Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce called it “a joke” that Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy is playing in the NFL.
The University of Missouri’s president stepped down on Monday after protests by the school’s football team and other students over what they saw as his soft handling of reports of racial abuse on campus.
The top softball team in Region 8-AAAAA was rewarded last week.
Being a sport editor I have a lot of little perks that comes with the job. Some of the games I have covered include UGA football games, SEC Championship games and several Hawks games.
Jallah Galimah capped an excellent sophomore season last weekend in Carrolton.
The hot seat Georgia head coach Mark Richt sits on is still smoldering but it may have cooled off a few degrees with the Bulldogs 27-3 win over Kentucky at Sanford Stadium on Saturday.
Eastside found themselves on the wrong end of a 20-14 overtime lose to Griffin in the Region 4-AAAA play-in game at Homer Sharp Stadium on Saturday.
Winder-Barrow used its excellent rushing attack to make a return trip to the state playoffs.
Newton’s special teams unit came to play as they scored and put the offense in good field position for most of the game against Rockdale in their 42-0 domination at Homer Sharp Stadium on Friday.
- Locals make early headlines at collegiate level
- Heritage hoops gives back for holiday season
- Johnson named 2015 Region 2-AAAAAA Offensive Player of the Year
- Campbell tops Rockdale in tourney semis
- Hodges’ double-double preserves perfect season
- GHSA reclassification to affect all six local high schools
- Bryan moves on to UGA
- Girls title helps Rockdale win overall swim meet
- Cedar boys never trail in keeping Rockdale winless
- Collins Hill gets running game going to eliminate Newton from playoffs
- Reeling Falcons must regroup ahead of critical Vikings tilt
- Falcons must face up to themselves
- End of line: Broncos’ Manning meets familiar QB fate
- Active Braves reportedly shopping 1B Freeman
- Browns to start Manziel rest of season
- Pierzynski agrees to stay with Braves
- Garrett not pleased with Cowboys WR Bryant’s tirade
- Falcons regroup, plan playoff push after bye week
- Atlanta Falcons successful first half of season
- MLB’s Atlanta Braves say pitcher Tommy Hanson dead at 29
- UGA and two SEC East teams struggle with ‘walkovers’
- Georgia Southern gives Georgia cause for concern
- Fournette family investigated for possible NCAA violation
- Womens college hoops season begins for 5 former area players
- University of Missouri president resigns after race protest
- It’s not all fun and games | PHOTOS
- Georgia offense gets back on track with win over Kentucky
- Life on the hot seat for UGA’s Richt
- War or words begins between ‘Noles, Clemson
- Desire to be bowl eligible may be spark Bulldogs need to get back on track