The Atlanta Falcons could take a certain pride in how they pulled out a victory Sunday afternoon against the Carolina Panthers.
The Atlanta Braves traded outfielder Jason Heyward and pitcher Jordan Walden to the St. Louis Cardinals on Monday in exchange for pitchers Shelby Miller and Tyrell Jenkins.
After Cincinnati Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham scored a touchdown in the third quarter against the New Orleans Saints, he casually tossed the ball to the only Bengals fan he saw. It was a woman wearing an A.J. Green jersey.
Rockdale’s swim team had one of their best finishes coming in fourth overall with 401 points at the 20-team, Big Splash Invitational at Whitewater High School on Saturday.
Just because the Rams reached their goal of winning a playoff game, something they had not done since 1987, by beating Class AAAAAA No. 3 ranked Valdosta 27-14 don’t expect them to call it a season just yet.
Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley said Monday he expects the Gators’ next head football coach to be offensive-minded with a proven track record.
Georgia tailback Todd Gurley's season has ended with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.
The Salem basketball teams got the 2014-15 season off to a fine start, sweeping Alcovy in non-region play last weekend.
Will Muschamp is stepping down as Florida's coach after the regular season, forced out after a four-year tenure that will be remembered for inept offense, conservative play-calling and nearly as many losses as wins in the Southeastern Conference.
It wasn’t a good day for Clemson quarterbacks, and Georgia Tech was more than happy to take advantage.
Game one of the 2014-15 season went quite well for Kevin Ware and his new teammates.
he Eagles almost found themselves in to deep a hole to get out of before coming back to beat Thomson 35-34 in overtime in the first game of the Class AAAA playoffs on Friday.
The Dalton defense was a little too much to handle for Salem Friday.
In Brian France’s estimation, the new Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup format introduced this year has struck a perfect balance between winning and consistency in determining the series champion.
Clemson freshman quarterback Deshaun Watson returns at just the right time for the 17th-ranked Tigers, who travel to No. 23-ranked Georgia Tech on Saturday for a critical ACC matchup for both squads at noon on Saturday.
- Stopping run crucial as Rams seek to make history in quarterfinal game
- Rockdale pulls away from competition to win swim meet
- Eastside gets swept by Grayson to start basketball season
- Hunter Knox’s 264 rushing yards helps Piedmont Academy advance to state championship with 38-27 win over Monsignor Donovan
- Hopper signs with Emmanuel College
- Rams defense steps up beating Central Gwinnett 15-14
- Newton sweeps Heritage in season opener
- Defense needs to step in to beat Central Gwinnett
- Lady Rams take advantage of mistakes in win.
- Eastside needs to maintain balance against St. Pius
- Biermann puts pressure on opposing offense
- Falcons face tough road to division title
- NFL game roundup: Brady, Patriots roll over Lions
- Johnson, Martinez, Smoltz appear on HOF ballot
- Braves ready to trade Justin Upton
- Falcons, Browns need win as playoffs loom
- Falcons-Panthers: What we learned
- Braves send Heyward to Cards in 4-player trade
- Saints fan steals football intended for female Bengals fan | VIDEO
- Falcons in must win for division title contention
- Bulldogs turn focus to Senior Day
- Division races go down to final weekend
- Bulldogs peaking at right time
- Florida looking for offensive-minded coach
- Georgia loses Todd Gurley to season-ending knee injury
- Florida Gators' Will Muschamp out as head football coach
- Tigers, Yellow Jackets matchup crucial in ACC battle
- Auburn looking to spoil Gurley’s return
- University of North Carolina to face accrediting inquiry for academic fraud
- USC’s Shaw shares facts of big lie