Rockdale spent Saturday morning and afternoon proving it has no peer in Area 2-AAAAAA volleyball.
Tucker’s playmakers were far too much for Rockdale Friday.
Despite costly penalties on both sides of the ball, Newton was able to overcome their shortcomings to beat Alcovy 33-7 in a Region 2-AAAAAA game at Homer Sharp Stadium on Friday.
Florida State University defended its handling of sexual assault allegations against Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Jameis Winston on Friday, breaking its silence about a case under investigation by federal education officials.
While his Georgia teammates headed to Columbia, Mo., for Saturday’s game against the Missouri Tigers, suspended Bulldog tailback Todd Gurley remained at home awaiting his fate for allegedly receiving compensation for his autograph.
Bernard Thompson is about to begin his senior season on the basketball court at Florida Gulf Coast, but first, the Conyers native received a pair of conference awards.
Eastside’s ability to move the ball effectively on the ground as well as in the air could cause trouble for Locust Grove as the two pair off to see who holds the top spot in Region 4A-AAAA 7:30 p.m. on Saturday at Homer Sharp Stadium.
The Baltimore Orioles will not have the services of slugging first baseman Chris Davis during their American League Championship Series matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
Tenth-ranked Georgia is the popular favorite to claim the SEC East title, but the Bulldogs likely will have to beat defending division champion Missouri on the road Saturday to claim the crown.
The No. 23 ranked Yellow Jackets host Duke on Saturday looking to continue their tendency of chewing up opposing defenses behind their triple-option rushing attack that controlled the ball for more than 40 minutes in a 28-17 victory over Miami last week.
After blowing fourth-quarter leads on the road in two consecutive games, the long-term viability of the Mike Smith-Thomas Dimitroff regime is being publicly questioned.
The National League’s dominant postseason teams battle for a crack at another World Series title when the St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco Giants clash in the league championship series.
Football seemed to be a secondary issue when the NFL held its annual fall meeting of team owners.
Already having a loss in Region 2-AAAAAA play, the loser of the Newton and Alcovy game could be facing playoff elimination as the two clash at Homer Sharp Stadium at 7:30 p.m. on Friday.
Games four-through-seven of the 2014 football season were expected to be a difficult time for Rockdale, and so far, it’s been exactly that.
- Eastside need to maintain focus against Hampton
- Alcovy needs consistency against experienced Tucker team
- Rockdale wins the NewRock cross country meet for the first time in 18 years
- Lanier Longhorns prove no match for Heritage Patriots in 49-20 loss
- Alcovy capitalize's on Lady Trojan errors for 3-2 win
- Consistent play to make difference as Eastside try’s to stay unbeaten in subregion
- Clutch hit by Hollingsworth give Alcovy 2-1 win in first playoff game of doubleheader
- Newton softball ready to host first round of Class AAAAAA playoffs
- Young field goal lifts Cougars 17-14 over Georgia Christian
- Lott interception return seals Locust Grove fate as Eastside win 38-29
- Ravens’ secondary rallies for test by Falcons
- Chris Webber heading group bidding for Hawks
- Ryan trying to turn things around for Falcons
- Hawks C Horford returns to action
- Hart declines Braves’ offer to be GM
- Falcons offense in need of spark
- Bears-Falcons: What we learned
- Falcons’ freefall ratcheting up heat on front office
- Falcons’ Smith has confidence in DC Nolan
- It’s shootout time at the OK corral
- RB Gurley returns to Georgia practice
- Florida State University breaks silence on quarterback investigation
- Report: Gurley’s season might be over
- Bulldogs head to Missouri without Gurley
- Several Duke players fall ill as they face Ga. Tech’s triple option
- Hunt rushes for career-high 177 yards and a touchdown for Purdue
- Just call it the wild, wild West
- Mariota’s No. 1 pick status dashed along with title hopes?
- Michigan AD admits ‘mistakes’ handling Morris injury
- Florida AD to evaluate Muschamp after season