Aaron Harang gave up one unearned run in seven innings and Justin Upton drove in three runs with two late hits as the Atlanta Braves beat the Washington 6-2 Nationals on Wednesday to salvage the finale of the three-game series between the National League East opponents.
Kamryn Toney is the new ace in the circle for Heritage.
Eastside’s football team have a huge task in front of them if they hope to leave Memorial Stadium with a win as they take on Georgia Sports Writers Association Class AAAA No. 2 ranked Griffin in a Region 4-AAAA crossover game at 7:30 p.m. on Friday.
A couple of errors and the inability to cover the bunt allowed the Lady Tigers to build the momentum against in the 9-1, six inning run-rule win over Newton on Tuesday.
A student at George B. Swift Specialty School on Chicago’s North Side asked Kyle Busch who were some of the people he admired most during his childhood.
MLS Atlanta hired Darren Eales as president of Major League Soccer’s 22nd team on Wednesday. Eales will join the club later this year, following a transition period with Tottenham Hotspur Football Club (THFC), a world-renowned English Premier League team.
South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier is rarely one to but too much emphasis on one game more than another. He’s almost a weekly cliche that the upcoming game is the most important game on the No. 24 Gamecocks schedule.
Heritage bounced back nicely from its first region softball loss Tuesday.
Rockdale volleyball coach Stephen Sansing said his team may have been a little too excited about having their first home matches of the season on Tuesday, and came out a bit flat early on. Unfortunately for Alcovy and Newton, it didn’t last long.
The series in Washington is like a homecoming for Phil Gosselin, 25, a second baseman for the Atlanta Braves.
Ray Rice’s wife defended the former Baltimore Ravens running back on Tuesday after a video showed him knocking her out, and assailed the media for its handling of an incident that put the U.S. National Football League on the defensive.
Sixteen drivers remain in contention to become NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series champion, and for the first time there will be elimination-style playoffs to get there.
The Atlanta Falcons were relieved to learn Monday that X-rays were negative on the left ankle of prized rookie offensive tackle Jake Matthews, who limped to the sideline during Sunday’ 37-34 victory over the New Orleans Saints.
As the seasons transition from summer to autumn, it is time to prepare for a favorite time of year for many hunters. According to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division, archers get the first opportunity at bringing home a deer beginning Saturday, Sept. 13.
The Alcovy defense is going to have to focus on tackling if they hope to avoid going 0-3 when they travel to Pebblebrook on Friday.
- Eagles drop homecoming game 27-21 in overtime
- Eastside ready to get back to winning ways
- College football playoff selection process to have a Georgia influence
- Lack of playing time not an issue as Newton faces No. 4 Lowndes
- Tigers cannot afford turnovers against Tift County
- Eagles fall to No. 3 ranked Griffin 53-7
- Local runners, Fields and Ashall, win 31st Fuzz Run
- Fourth down conversion seals fate for Bulldogs | PHOTOS
- Newton cancels second game due to weather
- Eastside hopes to pull off upset against No. 2 ranked Griffin
- Devin Hester sets return record as Atlanta Falcons pound Tampa Bay Buccaneers | PHOTOS
- Changes expected after team’s late-season collapse
- American football back in London with extra game
- Gattis illness opening door for Braves rookie Bethancourt
- The Atlanta Braves' new stadium will be SunTrust Park | PHOTOS
- Braves skidding at worst time of year
- Braves keep playoff hopes alive with 6-2 win
- Homecoming for Braves 2B Gosselin
- Falcons OT Matthews’ ankle: No structural damage
- Civil rights leader decries ‘culture of racism’ at Atlanta Hawks
- Yellow Jackets starts ACC championship bid against Virginia Tech
- Florida State University benches quarterback Jameis Winston half a game
- Bulldogs look to rebound after disappointing loss
- Late score lifts Tech over Georgia Southern 42-38 | PHOTOS
- Tech cannot overlook Georgia Southern
- Gurley could prevent Gamecocks from winning three straight
- Beating Georgia “a must” for Gamecocks
- Wilkins interception gives Furman win over Mercer
- Bulldogs get extra week to savor Clemson win
- FSU, Alabama remain 1-2 in Top 25