It was a rough start to the volleyball season for Rockdale High School.
The Heritage softball team has gotten its season off to a solid start, which includes a 3-1 record in last weekend’s Carrollton Lead Off Slam.
A 2011 mandate requiring high school field hockey players to wear protective eyewear reduced eye injuries due to hits from balls and sticks, according to a new study.
NASCAR, Sprint Cup, Michigan International Raceway front splitters, bigger belly pans, high downforce
Fearing potential repercussions including retroactive royalties payments, many college football powerhouses are limiting the uniform numbers available in public jersey sales.
Lawyers for the National Football League and its players union returned to federal court on Thursday to discuss a potential settlement of litigation over New England Patriots star quarterback Tom Brady’s “Deflategate” suspension.
Dustin Johnson, so often the nearly man in recent majors, took advantage of relatively calm early conditions to take the clubhouse lead in the opening round of the 97th PGA Championship on Thursday.
Heritage made the plays they needed while taking advantage of Eastside’s errors and mental to get the first win of the season blanking the visiting Lady Eagles 9-0 in six innings on Wednesday.
The fall athletic season gets underway officially this week as six local volleyball and softball teams begin quests for the state playoffs.
It has been an eventful, if sometimes difficult first season in Major League Baseball for Buck Farmer.
The Cleveland Indians on Friday traded outfielder Michael Bourn and outfielder/first baseman Nick Swisher to the Atlanta Braves for infielder Chris Johnson.
A memorable season came to an end for Rockdale Post 77 on Thursday.
The Newton County 14-under baseball team had a strong showing in South Carolina recently.
Rockdale Post 77 captured the Georgia American Legion state championship last week in Loganville and Monday the team presented the state title trophy to the legion.
There’s a new head lady on the volleyball sidelines at Heritage High School.
- Newton crushes Meadowcreek 55-0 in home opener
- Eastside dominates Alcovy in season opener
- Newton Rams keeping from declining after last week’s onslaught over Berkmar
- Alcovy run-rules Tucker 13-0 in four innings to start region play
- Hoff looking for first win, Hoffman looking for first win since 2013 season
- Young but talented Eastside football team ready for season to begin
- Eastside takes advantage of Newton mistakes in 15-3 rout
- Plenty of stars, highlights from football’s first weekend
- First game jitters hit Eastside as Heritage cruises to 9-0 win
- Cleveland next stop for Francis
- Fan who died after falling from upper deck at Turner Field during Braves game ID'd
- Hankerson, Hardy ready to step up if White is out
- Atlanta Falcons sign quarterback Rex Grossman
- Falcons make it official for Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Newcomers could breathe life into Falcons defense
- Braves land Cuban INF Olivera on second try
- Hawks’ Scott faces drug charge
- Fan to present A-Rod with ball from 3,000th hit
- Falcons’ unsigned Beasley strains shoulder, sits out OTA
- Braves’ Wood aiming for another road win
- Playoff potential realistic for UGA, but who’s the QB?
- Tech’s focus is on defense for 2015 season
- Florida State football star acquitted of battery, reinstated to team
- Alabama, Auburn altering jersey sales stance
- Ohio State suspends Bosa, three others, UGA in top 10, Tech 17
- UGA to introduce Uga X during upcoming football season
- B.C.-Georgia tech to open ‘16 in Ireland
- North Carolina receives notice of academic fraud allegations
- Oxford College men win national tennis championship
- Golson chooses Florida State over others including Georgia