A loss to Rockdale Friday night would’ve been the third straight for the Heritage baseball team against its county rival. Domenic Bazzani used his arm and his bat to make sure that wouldn’t happen.
Rory McIlroy recovered from a poor start to record six birdies and surge to a three-shot lead after his second round at the $6 million Honda Classic in Florida on Friday.
Five-times champion Roger Federer brushed aside Lukas Rosol on Thursday to set up a mouthwatering semi-final clash with Novak Djokovic in the Dubai Championship.
Only one team was going to make a brand-new kind of history in Thursday’s game between Salem and Tucker. And with the way the hosts were playing defense, it was just a matter of time before Tucker was adding a page to the record books.
Newton’s soccer teams fought hard but at the end they could not overcome the Bulldogs offense as they were swept by Morgan County on Wednesday.
Alcovy’s four-year soccer starter Alex Jordan continues the Tigers tradition of sending players to the next level. Jordan will be playing a midfielder for the University of West Georgia Wolves.
Tiger Woods lamented inconsistent putting after he battled to a one-over-par 71 that left him six strokes off the early lead in Thursday’s first round at the $6 million Honda Classic in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
With the Daytona 500 and all its pageantry now complete, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers and teams can now turn its focus toward the rest of the schedule, which starts with a trip west to Phoenix for Sunday’s The Profit on CNBC 500, Presented by Small Business Fueling America
A frustrating season continued Wednesday for the Georgia Tech mens basketball team.
Before they headed south for the weekend, the Georgia State softball team split a pair of games with in-state rival Mercer Wednesday.
The Atlanta Braves may have to open the season without 13-game winner Mike Minor in their starting rotation.
Alcovy girls get three unanswered goals for 3-1 win over Lady Eagles, Eastside boys cruise to easy 7-0 win
The Lady Tigers started the doubleheader with a win over the Eastside girls but the boys could complete the sweep losing the Eagles 7-0 at Homer Sharp Stadium on Tuesday.
Eastside’s baseball team was able to hold off a charge against Newton edging out the Rams for the 7-6 win on Tuesday.
The girls basketball teams from Salem and Tucker had to wait one more day for their rematch.
A new era has begun at Heritage High School as Wendell Early was named the school’s ninth head football coach.
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Braves' winning streak grows to season-high 11
- A-Rod suspended through 2014 season; 12 others for 50 games
- Ten in a row for Braves
- Braves run win streak to nine games with extra-inning victory
- Braves bats show up just in time
- Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson's season
- Falcons look to rebuild offensive line
- Braves lose to White Sox 10-6
- McCann to replace injured Freeman at All-Star Game
- Tech, UGA fall Tuesday in men's hoops
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional
- Neal named scholar athlete
- Oxford's Feldman stepping away to join company