Top Sports stories
Dusty Isaacs came into his ACC Tournament start tied with two teammates for the most home runs allowed on the Georgia Tech pithing staff. Unfortunately for the underdog Yellow Jackets against No. 3 seed Virginia on Thursday, Isaacs took the lead all by himself.. The right-hander allowed five earned
OXFORD -- After 10 years as the Oxford College head tennis coach/athletic director, Brandon Feldman is stepping away from the academic arena and joining corporate America.. But before Feldman joins Tennis Connection, a tennis facility management company, he will be the head pro at FishHawk Ranch in Lithia, Fla
After taking every option into consideration, Newton's Rashard Cabane decided that Middle Georgia State College in Cochran is where he belongs. Beside's Middle Georgia, currently a junior college school, Cabane also had offers from South Georgia Technical College and Thomas University. One thing that made the two-year school standout
COVINGTON -- Newton junior Malik Franklin was obviously disappointed after a less-than-stellar long jump at the Class AAAAAA Boys State Track and Field Championship on May 2.
CLARKSTON -- In a matter of minutes on Tuesday, the 2013 season came to an end for the Heritage boys soccer team. No. 7 Lakeside-DeKalb took advantage of a pair of misses by Heritage in penalty kicks.
Newton’s Micah Sneed is heading to West Georgia Tech in Carrollton.
COVINGTON -- Georgia College senior and former Eastside golfer Taylor Smith could not overcome a tough 6,928-yard, par-72 El Campeon course on Wednesday at the Mission Inn Golf and Tennis Resort in Howey-In-The-Hills, Fla., during the three-day DII South/Southeast Region tournament.
CINCINNATI -- Atlanta third baseman Juan Francisco's first career grand slam highlighted a five-run eighth inning, and Dan Uggla hit a pair of solo homers lifting the Braves to a 7-2 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.
Following a weekend rookie minicamp, the Atlanta Falcons feel they may have managed to steal a couple of linebacker prospects after failing to address that need during the draft.. Linebackers Nick Clancy and Joplu Bartu, both undrafted free agent rookies, were impressive in the three-day camp that
CLARKSTON - In a matter of minutes, the 2013 season came to an end for the Heritage boy’s soccer team.
Heisman Trophy winners Vinny Testaverde, Danny Wuerffel and Ron Dayne and 1995 runner-up Tommie Frazier lead the 2013 College Football Hall of Fame class to be inducted Dec. 10 in New York City.
COVINGTON -- Alcovy's baseball team knows what it must do when it plays at Lowndes in the second-round doubleheader of the Class AAAAAA playoffs today starting at 4:30 p.m. The question is, can the Tigers do it?
JEFFERSON -- The Heritage boys track and field team made statewide headlines at last weekend's state track and field meet.
Some Braves to watch.
JEFFERSON - The Heritage boy's track and field team made state-wide headlines at last weekend’s state track and field meet.
SHARPSBURG -- East Coweta provided plenty of reasons why it was ranked No. 1 heading into the Class AAAAAA state playoffs.
ATLANTA -- Roy Hibbert gathered his Indiana Pacers teammates as the Atlanta Hawks, listless and ineffective for three quarters, mobilized for a fourth-quarter run to cut the Pacers lead from 19 points to 5.
NEWNAN -- Twenty-five pings and one mighty Bop sounded a sweep for Newnan's baseball team over Newton in the first round of the Georgia High School Association Class AAAAAA state tournament on Friday.
- Denmark new Heritage boy's basketball coach
- Newton's Cabane signs with Middle Georgia State
- Tech falls to Virginia in ACC Tournament
- Three Lady Tigers named to all-region team
- Heritage players big part of all-region soccer teams
- Byrd ready to lead Newton baseball
- Lakeside-DeKalb defeats Heritage in penalty kicks
- Heritage track and field finishes seventh at state meet
- East Coweta sweeps Rockdale on diamond
- Heritage boys soccer ends first round slump
- Braves' Gattis reaching folk hero status
- RG3's knee, relationship with coach on mend
- Pacers, Heat bring playoffs to life with overtime thriller
- Gattis provides homers in two straight Braves wins
- Garcia sorry after his 'stupid' chicken remark
- Revolution fall to Silverbacks 3-2 in Open Cup
- Manchester City, Yankees launch new MLS team in NY
- San Francisco, Houston awarded Super Bowls
- Braves' B.J. Upton trying hard to shake slump
- Garcia, Leishman share lead at Masters
- Oxford's Feldman stepping away to join company
- Salem grad Roddenberry receives school honor
- Tech knocks off FSU in dramatic fashion
- Farmer gets no-decision in Tech's walk-off win
- JENKINS: The AAU Effect is damaging college basketball
- COLLEGE NOTES: Salem's Bailey named first team all-conference
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOTES: Clowney injured, may miss spring game
- Final Four leaves Atlanta with numerous memories
- Louisville beats Michigan to claim NCAA championship
- Hancock comes off bench to shine for Louisville