The magical year on the wrestling mats for Alonzo Allen continued Sunday.
Jordan Spieth took charge early in Sunday’s final round at Augusta National in his pursuit to become the youngest Masters champion, but the 20-year-old saw his two-shot lead evaporate in an instant.
Rory McIlroy ended a frustrating Masters on a high with his best round of the tournament on Sunday to record his first top 10 finish at Augusta National.
The performances of the golden oldies at this week’s Masters have proved the 50-plus brigade can mix it with the young powerhouses of world golf, Bernhard Langer said after finishing in the top 10.
Heritage graduate Callie Alford helped Georgia State’s softball team sweep a pair of conference games Saturday.
Heritage continued its dominance over Salem on the baseball field Friday.
The Atlanta Braves got the early jump on the Washington Nationals last year, winning the first five meetings. Now they are trying set the head-to-head tone early again.
The handful of teams still fighting to secure one of the final four NBA playoff berths have six days to extend their seasons and embark on what they hope is a Cinderella run.
Mickelson flirts with the cutline
Bubba Watson rolled in five birdies in a row to snatch the outright lead in the second round of the 78th Masters on Friday and surge into contention for a second green jacket in three years.
Rookies and veterans alike expect to get a “Darlington stripe” whenever they compete at Darlington Raceway, but the two leading contenders for Sunoco Rookie of the Year this season got more than they bargained for during opening NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice at the Lady in Black.
For Bill Haas, a round at Augusta National brings back warm family memories and on Thursday he made a new one with a four-under-par 68 that gave him the opening round lead at the Masters.
The Lady Jaguars confidently got behind pitcher Lyndsey Parden to get their fifth straight win beating Georgia Military College 3-1 in the first game of their doubleheader on Thursday.
Miami police are investigating what the official police report terms a “suspicious incident” involving San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and two other NFL players.
As NFL offenses evolve into their own extreme sport of Air Raids and Star Wars, linebackers are caught in the middle. Literally.
David Hale will likely be the odd-man out when Mike Minor returns to the Atlanta Braves rotation by the end of the month, but the young right-hander has been nearly flawless in his three major league starts.
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Autopsy reveals cause of death of Ultimate Warrior
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Braves' winning streak grows to season-high 11
- A-Rod suspended through 2014 season; 12 others for 50 games
- Ten in a row for Braves
- Braves run win streak to nine games with extra-inning victory
- Braves bats show up just in time
- Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson's season
- Falcons look to rebuild offensive line
- Macon's Mercer University stuns Duke in NCAA Tournament
- Tech, UGA fall Tuesday in men's hoops
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional
- Neal named scholar athlete