The 54-year-old wrestler, James Hellwig, collapsed on April 8 outside a hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The outstanding displays by veteran trio Miguel Angel Jimenez, Bernhard Langer and Fred Couples at the 78th Masters suggest that a 50-something major champion could be just around the corner.
Phelps will swim three events in first competition
Michael Phelps, the most decorated swimmer of all time, will come out of retirement next week, the clearest signal yet that he is getting ready to make an Olympic comeback at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Games.
Neither team was willing to give up as the lead changed hands several time before Newton ended up on top taking advantage of a Red Devils error to get the 8-5 win on Friday.
Michael Phelps, the most decorated Olympian of all time, is coming out of retirement.
The longest streak of consecutive playoff appearances in the Eastern Conference belongs to the Atlanta Hawks.
Davis Love III turned 50 on Sunday, but that doesn’t mean he’s playing on the Champions Tour any time soon.
Bubba Watson had just won his second Masters in three years, by the comfortable margin of three strokes, and the long-hitting lefty sounded like he needed to pinch himself to believe it.
The Georgia Tech softball team was hoping to sweep North Carolina Sunday in Atlanta, but the visitors from Chapel Hill had other ideas.
Kevin Ware was a key member of the 2012-13 Louisville team that won the national championship at the Georgia Dome. However, he sustained a broken right leg during that tournament, a gruesome injury that caused him to miss the final few games.
The magical year on the wrestling mats for Alonzo Allen continued Sunday.
Jordan Spieth took charge early in Sunday’s final round at Augusta National in his pursuit to become the youngest Masters champion, but the 20-year-old saw his two-shot lead evaporate in an instant.
Rory McIlroy ended a frustrating Masters on a high with his best round of the tournament on Sunday to record his first top 10 finish at Augusta National.
The performances of the golden oldies at this week’s Masters have proved the 50-plus brigade can mix it with the young powerhouses of world golf, Bernhard Langer said after finishing in the top 10.
Heritage graduate Callie Alford helped Georgia State’s softball team sweep a pair of conference games Saturday.
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Autopsy reveals cause of death of Ultimate Warrior
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Braves' winning streak grows to season-high 11
- A-Rod suspended through 2014 season; 12 others for 50 games
- Ten in a row for Braves
- Braves run win streak to nine games with extra-inning victory
- Braves bats show up just in time
- Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson's season
- Falcons look to rebuild offensive line
- Macon's Mercer University stuns Duke in NCAA Tournament
- Tech, UGA fall Tuesday in men's hoops
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional
- Neal named scholar athlete