With 8 1/2 minutes to play in Friday’s quarterfinal of the SEC Tournament, the double-digit seed must’ve been feeling pretty good, leading the No. 2 seed by four points. But that’s about where the game turned in the favor of one of the conference’s finest teams.
Lumpkin County’s sophomore soccer players put on a show against the Lady Eagles scoring all four of their goals in Eastside’s 4-o loss to start Region 8-AAAA play at Homer Sharp Stadium on Friday.
American Patrick Reed grabbed a one-shot lead at the end of the rain-delayed opening round of the WGC-Cadillac Championship on Friday while Tiger Woods saved his day with a blazing finish.
As much as the Los Angeles Clippers enjoyed hammering the Los Angeles Lakers again, Darren Collison said his team has bigger goals.
Just one more win left to get for Bernard Thompson and the Florida Gulf Coast mens basketball team.
The South Carolina womens basketball team had been victorious in 10 consecutive games before a loss at Tennessee in the regular season finale. Friday in the quarterfinals of the SEC Tournament, the Gamecocks looked more than capable of starting a brand-new streak.
It seems as if ordered has been restored with the Heritage girls soccer team.
With shooting prowess and a defensive effort like they had Thursday, the LSU womens basketball team will be awfully tough to beat in March.
Mississippi State nearly came all the way back to win its second round game against Florida, but the Gators had just enough to hang on.
Five RBI’s, no-hitter by Phillips lifts Tiger over Morrow in region game
Salem did what they had to do scoring four runs in the top of the first inning as they were able to hold off Alcovy for a 4-2 win on Wednesday.
The Georgia womens basketball team slumped through the first seven minutes of Thursday’s Southeastern Conference Tournament first-round game. But the rest of the first half proved to be all the No. 9 seed Bulldogs would need to advance.
Eastside’s baseball team evened their record to 3-3 with their 16-0 win over Morgan County while the Rams fell to 3-6 after getting run-ruled 10-0 in Region 2-AAAAAA play by Stephenson during Wednesday’s games.
The Rockdale boys soccer team is off to a 4-2 start, thanks in large part to the play of Shad-I Dawkins.
On the eve of the Southeastern Conference Tournament, Alabama’s Ashley Williams and Breanna Richardson of Mississippi State were both honored by the league as all-freshmen selections Tuesday.
Rockdale’s tennis team had their way with Newton to start region 2-AAAAAA play with a 5-0 sweep in both matches on Tuesday.
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Braves' winning streak grows to season-high 11
- A-Rod suspended through 2014 season; 12 others for 50 games
- Ten in a row for Braves
- Braves run win streak to nine games with extra-inning victory
- Braves bats show up just in time
- Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson's season
- Falcons look to rebuild offensive line
- Braves lose to White Sox 10-6
- McCann to replace injured Freeman at All-Star Game
- Tech, UGA fall Tuesday in men's hoops
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional
- Neal named scholar athlete
- Oxford's Feldman stepping away to join company