Jittery motorsports fans were bracing for a risky Indianapolis 500 on Sunday with a crash-filled buildup to the ‘Greatest Spectacle in Racing’ leaving a mix of excitement and dread hanging over the famed Brickyard.
The University of North Carolina said Friday it has received notice from the NCAA regarding allegations of academic fraud committed within the athletic department.
Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak created some buzz by saying future Hall of Famer Kobe Bryant had told him that next season would be his last with the Lakers, but the team said on Friday that was no surprise.
Newton’s Jeremiah Holloman was not going to let something like a badly hurt knee to keep him from winning a Class AAAAAA state championship in the triple jump in the 2015 GHSA Boys State Track and Field Meet at Memorial Stadium in Jefferson.
Eastside’s Eric Stokes thought he was on his way to an easy to win in the 400-meter dash of Class AAAA GHSA Boys Track and Field meet but ended up winning by seven-thousandth of a second with a time of 47.902 seconds.
The Atlanta Hawks had cause to celebrate on Thursday when medical tests revealed that forward DeMarre Carroll had no structural or ligament damage after suffering a leg injury in Game One of the Eastern Conference finals.
Most Valuable Player Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James headlined the list of players selected for the All-NBA team, the league said on Thursday.
Members of the Oxford men’s tennis team punctuated the 2014-15 academic year with an exclamation point, winning the NJCAA III men’s tennis national tournament. Oxford beat out 11 other teams from across the country in the competition, which took place May 11-14 at Collin College in Plano, Texas.
Third baseman Chris Johnson was expected to be sidelined four to six weeks, but it looks like he will make it back to the Atlanta Braves lineup inside the short end of that estimate.
Kree Clark and the Jacksonville womens track and field team are conference champions once again.
Florida State landed the services of a player who nearly single-handedly beat the Seminoles last year: former Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson.
The Hawks announced their arrival with a 19-game winning streak, placed three on the All-Star team behind the NBA’s Coach of the Year and yet, Atlanta is the unknown entering the Eastern Conference Finals.
In their best days, the Atlanta Braves were built on pitching — primarily Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and John Smoltz.
A career day for Geoffrey Bramblett sent Alabama to the second round of the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
Eastside’s girls golf team had a good showing finishing 11th shooting a 290 at the Class AAAA GHSA state championship at Applewood County Club in Keysville on Monday.
- Holloman is epitome of a team player
- A stumble not enough to keep Stokes from winning a state championship
- Eastside girls finish 11 at Class AAAA state golf tournament
- Eastside girls golf team to participate in state tournament
- Eastside’s Francis, Walden selected to DiVarsity all-star team
- Wimbush sign to play at Truett-McConnell
- Eastside falls 8-0 to No. 3 Whitewater in second round of playoffs
- Freeman leaves Eastside after turning program around
- Newton, Eastside fall first round of baseball playoffs
- Eastside tops Wayne County 4-1 in soccer playoffs
- No structural knee damage for Hawks’ Carroll
- Curry and James headline All-NBA selections
- Braves’ Johnson nearing return
- Unheralded Hawks ready for Lebron-led Cavs
- Braves’ Miller has look of young ace
- Braves’ minor league bus wrecks, driver charged
- Braves’ Miller making trade look good
- Falcons show need for speed - and character - with Beasley
- Hawks take control with Game 5 win over Nets
- Falcons draft preview and offseason review
- North Carolina receives notice of academic fraud allegations
- Oxford College men win national tennis championship
- Golson chooses Florida State over others including Georgia
- GPC sports ends at softball nationals in Utah
- Another Newton player heads to the NFL as Hunt sign with Giants
- Jaguars win GCAA championship with 18-4 victory over ABAC
- Star quarterback Winston’s lawyer calls Florida rape suit a ‘stunt’
- Oxford College accepting registations for Fowler Memorial Tennis Classic
- Indy remains magical for Duke, Coach K
- Duke fights back to beat Wisconsin for collegiate title