Three Newton baseball players have decided to continue playing the game they love after signing to play at the next level.
There was no doubt who was the best boys track team in Region 2-AAAAAA after Rockdale won the region championship by 35-point margin at Twelve Oaks Stadium on Wednesday.
Former Georgia State men’s soccer standout Michael Nwiloh made history when he signed a professional contract with Chivas USA on Wednesday. The Conyers native will be the first GSU men’s soccer player to play for a Major League Soccer (MLS) team.
What started as almost a sure thing in making the Class AAAA playoffs has turned into uncertainty after Eastside lost their fifth straight Region 8-AAAA game on Wednesday.
Milwaukee Bucks longtime owner Herb Kohl confirmed Wednesday that he reached an agreement to sell the NBA franchise to hedge-fund billionaires Wesley Edens and Marc Lasry.
There was almost nothing at stake on Wednesday night when the Atlanta Hawks beat the Milwaukee Bucks 111-103 in the regular-season finale at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Atlanta has become the latest city to benefit from Major League Soccer’s rapid expansion plans after being awarded a franchise on Wednesday that will begin play in 2017.
Five errors in the fifth inning caused the Tigers to implode as Newton took advantage of the situation scoring four runs in their 6-1 win in a crucial Region 2-AAAAAA matchup on Tuesday.
Claycourt machine Rafael Nadal recovered from a stuttering start to beat Russian qualifier Teymuraz Gabashvili 6-4 6-1 and reach the third round of the Monte Carlo Masters on Wednesday.
The three Lady Eagles senior soccer players finished their final game at home with a big win as they defeated Henry County 4-0 on Tuesday at Homer Sharp Stadium.
Five local athletes took home individual championships during day one of the Region 2-AAAAAA track and field meet Tuesday at Twelve Oaks Stadium.
The Heritage girls soccer team had its seven-game winning streak snapped Tuesday, dropping a 1-0 contest to John’s Creek.
Chris Douglas-Roberts may not have been the primary option when the Charlotte Bobcats set up the final play with 2.6 seconds left. But the guard felt comfortable when he got the ball with the game on the line.
With the sprint for Olympic gold over, the marathon run for the Stanley Cup begins this week with the opening round of the National Hockey League playoffs.
Austin back in the groove with Trenton
Buck Farmer bounced back nicely from an up down first start of the season with a victory in start No. 2.
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- South fills girls hoops post
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Autopsy reveals cause of death of Ultimate Warrior
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Braves' winning streak grows to season-high 11
- A-Rod suspended through 2014 season; 12 others for 50 games
- Ten in a row for Braves
- Braves run win streak to nine games with extra-inning victory
- Braves bats show up just in time
- Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson's season
- Falcons look to rebuild offensive line
- Macon's Mercer University stuns Duke in NCAA Tournament
- Tech, UGA fall Tuesday in men's hoops
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional
- Neal named scholar athlete