There’s a new head lady on the volleyball sidelines at Heritage High School.
Buck Farmer had the finest start of his major league career on Friday.
The Atlanta Falcons are hoping that a mixture of returning players and several newcomers are prepared to improve the league’s worst defense.
The Atlanta Braves wanted Cuban infielder Hector Olivera earlier this season. They finally have him.
Atlanta Hawks forward Mike Scott was arrested Thursday morning on a felony drug possession charge in Banks County, Ga.
Sailors and rowers were not worried about getting sick during the Rio Olympics next year despite reports that waters to be used for events have pollution levels equivalent to raw sewage, competitors said on Thursday.
The snow will be fake, but the very real financial muscle China boasts proved decisive on Friday when Beijing won the right to host the 2022 Winter Olympics.
Winston, the first overall pick in this year’s draft, will work with the first team when the Bucs begin training camp Saturday.
Ohio State All-American defensive end Joey Bosa and three other players were suspended for the 2015 opener for a violation of athletic department policy.
If there’s an elite camp for high school track and field sprinters, it’s a safe bet Candace Hill will receive an invitation.
Buck Farmer is back in the big leagues.
NFL training camps opened this week as hundreds of players hit the field. That includes five former area standouts.
There’s a new American Legion baseball state champion in Georgia.
Local rivals play Saturday at 1
It’s an all-area winner’s bracket final at the American Legion Georgia state tournament.
In an award made all the more special because its customers helped achieve it, Ashton Hills Golf Club in Covington was named the 14th best public golf course in the country based on customer reviews on golfadvisor.com from April until June of this year.
- Cleveland next stop for Francis
- Hill named 2015 Gatorade Female Athlete of the Year
- Cain shows his skills at super combines
- Piedmont Academy honors continue after state championhsip
- Carpenter, Stanley earn all-state honors
- Eastside boys basketball coach Brent Wren wants to take Eagles to new heights
- Hardwick hopeful that hard work is the key to a successful Tigers basketball program
- King takes over helm for Lady Eagles basketball
- Foster signs with Jackson State
- Rams advance to finals of Cam Newton 7-on-7 series
- Newcomers could breathe life into Falcons defense
- Braves land Cuban INF Olivera on second try
- Hawks’ Scott faces drug charge
- Fan to present A-Rod with ball from 3,000th hit
- Falcons’ unsigned Beasley strains shoulder, sits out OTA
- Braves’ Wood aiming for another road win
- Cox likes what he sees in Falcons’ gym class
- Braves’ Freeman puts up massive numbers at Chase Field
- Hawks’ Korver has surgery; Mack separates shoulder
- Opinions vary on whether Uribe asked for trade
- Ohio State suspends Bosa, three others, UGA in top 10, Tech 17
- UGA to introduce Uga X during upcoming football season
- B.C.-Georgia tech to open ‘16 in Ireland
- North Carolina receives notice of academic fraud allegations
- Oxford College men win national tennis championship
- Golson chooses Florida State over others including Georgia
- GPC sports ends at softball nationals in Utah
- Another Newton player heads to the NFL as Hunt sign with Giants
- Jaguars win GCAA championship with 18-4 victory over ABAC
- Star quarterback Winston’s lawyer calls Florida rape suit a ‘stunt’