Top Sports stories
Staff photo: Manny Fils. The 2012-13 Alcovy basketball team had another signing with Kaci Palo heading to Andrew College. The Lady Tigers leader will be playing the shooting guard position. Palo led the Lady Tigers in 3-point shots taken and 3-point shots made.. "I'm extremely excited for her
COVINGTON -- The girls track programs for the area had several successful outings with five of the six schools being represented at the girls state meet and medaling in four events.. But it was Heritage's Morgan Hubbard that exemplified the true meaning of being the best of the best. Hubbard
Being No. 1 has paid off for Eastside's top single player Amanda Blackwell after committing to play tennis for DIII program Piedmont College. Blackwell was given honorable mention honors on the Region 8-AAAA team, was given the MVP award for the Eastside girls tennis team and served as a
SAN FRANCISCO -- Madison Bumgarner limited the Atlanta Braves to four hits over seven innings while striking out 11 and the San Francisco Giants backed him with more run support than in his previous four starts combined in a 10-1 victory Saturday at AT&T Park.
ALBANY -- Morgan Hubbard is a state track and field champion. The standout at Heritage won the 300-meter hurdles at the Class AAAAA meet Saturday, outpacing Jones County's Victoria Dumas 43.84 to 44.59.
ATLANTA -- Buck Farmer wasn't at his best Friday against one of the nation's top-hitting teams, but he was good enough to allow his team to pick up a big comeback victory.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Memphis Grizzlies kept the home-court advantage on Saturday that it stole from Oklahoma City, but it wasn't easy.
Buck Farmer wasn’t at this best Friday against one of the nation’s top hitting teams, but he was good enough to allow his team to get a big come back victory.
Four Heritage football players signed college scholarships recently.
ATLANTA -- Buck Farmer was back to his old self last weekend. The Georgia Tech senior fired eight shutout innings in Tech's 4-2 win over Coastal Carolina.
COVINGTON -- Newton junior Malik Franklin was obviously disappointed after a less-than-stellar long jump at the Class AAAAAA Boys State Track and Field Championship on May 2.
CLARKSTON -- In a matter of minutes on Tuesday, the 2013 season came to an end for the Heritage boys soccer team. No. 7 Lakeside-DeKalb took advantage of a pair of misses by Heritage in penalty kicks.
Newton’s Micah Sneed is heading to West Georgia Tech in Carrollton.
COVINGTON -- Georgia College senior and former Eastside golfer Taylor Smith could not overcome a tough 6,928-yard, par-72 El Campeon course on Wednesday at the Mission Inn Golf and Tennis Resort in Howey-In-The-Hills, Fla., during the three-day DII South/Southeast Region tournament.
- Lakeside-DeKalb defeats Heritage in penalty kicks
- Heritage track and field finishes seventh at state meet
- East Coweta sweeps Rockdale on diamond
- Heritage boys soccer ends first round slump
- Heritage girls knocked out in opening round
- Rockdale tennis eliminated in second round
- Rockdale tennis sweeps first round matches
- Heritage boys, girls lose tight games to Parkview
- Patriots shut out Clarke Central on diamond
- Eagles top Lanier to remain perfect in region
- Garcia, Leishman share lead at Masters
- Falcons making changes on O-line
- Many favorites for Nicklaus at Masters
- Smith scores 28 as Hawks topple 76ers
- More players to make weekend cut at Masters
- G-Braves sweep doubleheader against Charlotte
- BRAVES NOTES: Venters to see James Andrews about elbow
- Terdoslavich among four Braves sent down
- Rehabbing McCann uncertain of future
- Simmons returns to Braves with red-hot bat
- Farmer gets no-decision in Tech's walk-off win
- JENKINS: The AAU Effect is damaging college basketball
- COLLEGE NOTES: Salem's Bailey named first team all-conference
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOTES: Clowney injured, may miss spring game
- Final Four leaves Atlanta with numerous memories
- Louisville beats Michigan to claim NCAA championship
- Hancock comes off bench to shine for Louisville
- Ware a national champion
- Farmer pitches well, still drops first game of '13
- Bench leads Louisville rally past Wichita State