Atlantic Coast Conference teams Boston College and Georgia Tech reportedly will play a football game in Dublin, Ireland, in 2016, according to Eurosport.com.
Newton quarterback Romario Johnson and Eastside defensive lineman Arthur Holmes named to offensive and defensive players of the year
Both Newton and Rockdale County saw some exciting times on the gridiron this season as four of the six local schools made it to the playoffs.
New Colorado State coach Mike Bobo reached agreement with the school on a five-year contract that includes a $1.35 million base salary.
Jordan Sibert and Dyshawn Pierre lead Dayton in scoring and they showed why on Tuesday.
DeMarre Carroll is best known for his ability to turn up the heat on defense for the Atlanta Hawks. But on Tuesday night the muscular forward showed that his offensive skills aren’t lacking either.
For the third consecutive game, the Atlanta Falcons dug themselves a hole against the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
Stephen Croone reached a huge career milestone recently.
Dennis Schroder and the Atlanta Hawks completed a phenomenal road trip Monday.
Ryan Harrow scored 27 points and the Georgia State basketball team celebrated being back on its home court with a 68-55 victory over Southern Miss Sunday at the GSU Sports Arena.
Kenny Gaines scored 15 points to lead a balanced effort as the host Bulldogs showed no signs of rust in routing the Pirates.
They are far from perfect — and, if truth be told, maybe even far from mediocre — but the 6-9 Atlanta Falcons, incredibly, have the NFC South title in their sights with one game left in the season.
A huge third quarter allowed Gainesville to build a big lead, then the Red Elephants held off Salem, 65-58 in Region 8-AAAAA play Saturday afternoon.
Stephen Croone got the better of Bernard Thompson on the stat sheet, but Thompson and his teammates won the battle on the scoreboard Friday.
Georgia State had just enough to hold off Massachusetts Friday.
After a very impressive win to begin a challenging three-game road trip, Atlanta meets its next obstacle Saturday in Houston.
- Newton quarterback Romario Johnson and Eastside defensive lineman Arthur Holmes named to offensive and defensive players of the year
- Three local grapplers win South Metro Inviational, Rockdale takes third place overall
- Newton edges Eastside to sweep the county rival game
- Rockdale’s Dax Willette and Kimola McCallum earn top spots in 2014 All-Citizen Cross Country Team
- No replay in Oklahoma high school football playoff game, judge rules
- Newton starts Region 2-AAAAAA play with sweep over Alcovy
- Alcovy grapplers retain Newton Cup for third year
- Eastside boys, Alcovy girls get wins to split rivalary game
- Newton shows dominance with sweep over cross-town rival Eastside
- Madison Beazley and Autumn Evans remain Tigers as they head to Andrew College
- After busy Winter Meetings, more deals left to be made
- NFL touts ‘tougher’ personal conduct policy after crisis
- Falcons lament defense but can still fly into playoffs
- Atlanta Braves release new renderings of mixed-use development at SunTrust Park | PHOTOS
- NBA game roundup: 76ers snap 17-game losing streak
- Markakis and Braves agree to a four-year, $44 million deal
- Falcons defense looking to stop explosive Packers
- Soft-spoken Jones playing loud role in Falcons’ revival
- New Falcons stadium now to cost $1.4 billion, up from original $1 billion tag
- Falcons take high hopes to Green Bay
- Auburn football player Jakell Mitchell shot and killed; arrest made
- Three Heisman Trophy finalists named
- Bulldogs expect challenge from Louisville in Belk Bowl
- Nebraska names Oregon State’s Riley as coach
- Florida Gators hire Jim McElwain from Colorado State as next football coach
- TCU third, FSU fourth in CFP rankings
- Tigers overcome big odds to get to Atlanta
- Title games nothing new for Tide
- Citadel provided trial run for defending option
- University of Alabama at Birmingham to end football program, citing costs