Fire erupted in an office building adjacent to the Historic Courthouse in Covington Thursday morning. The building housed a law office and accounting firm and was also used as the facade for "Vampire Diaries'" Mystic Grill.
Rob Watts has been named interim president of Georgia Perimeter College by University System of Georgia Chancellor Hank Huckaby.
ACCG is taking the position that passport fees should go the county general fund.
Restaurant inspections for Newton and Rockdale counties for April 30
An attorney for the principal at Alcovy High School has filed suit against 11 commenters on the Newton Citizen website.
COVINGTON -- The Newton County Sheriff's Office is investigating all parties involved in a complaint that resulted in the arrest of a Stone Mountain couple Thursday night.. According to NCSO spokesman First Lt. Mark Mitchell, deputies were called around 9:15 p.m. to 1419 Lower River Road with the report of
Baxter International will locate a new bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Stanton Springs.
Tom Hay Printing offers printing, design and marketing services for customers worldwide. It has five commercial printing presses and nine digital print presses and can fill the smallest order for someone who may need 500 business cards to the largest order for businesses needing catalogues and brochures.
Capt. Ken Malcom of the Covington Police Department shares tips on how women can protect themselves from predators.
A Newborn man was arrested in Rockdale County on drug dealing charges.
Bostik of Conyers occupies a 137,000-square-foot facility on about 8.6 acres of land on Parker Road and is primarily responsible for the manufacture of adhesives and sealants used to keep hardwood floors and ceramic tiles in place. It is an international company with locations in 37 countries.
March 25 Rockdale Citizen Poll
An Atlanta man attempted to abduct a Covington woman and her grandchild in broad daylight Wednesday.
Dart Container Corporation announced Wednesday the acquisition of Solo Cup.
A South Carolina man was killed on I-20 eastbound in the early morning hours Tuesday by a hit-and- run driver.
- Griffin-Murphy Engagement
- Jacobi - Faust Engagement
- Wilbanks-Bennett Wedding
- Brockman - Brado Engagement
- Fils -- Pollock Engagement
- Alianna Zaytsev Birth
- Pope - Meredith Engagement
- Lamb - Wyatt Engagement
- Kelsie Stumpf Birth
- Steedley-Pulliam Engagement
- National EMS celebrates two decades of accreditation
- Hen House presents art show in Olde Town
- Newton leaders graduate from economic development academy
- Bard employee honored for her work with new hires
- Moe's named top Mexican chain
- Discount Tire opens in Conyers
- RMC employee honored by United Way
- Pratt breaks ground on transfer station
- Risk Management wins Citizen drawing
- Apollo Staffing honored
- Covington amending temp sign ordinance
- Covington Council approves mayor's economic development plan 1 comment
- Tuesday's BOC meeting canceled: Work session on firearms discharge to be held at later date 8 comments
- Officials oppose three bills with local impact 1 comment
- BOC votes to bid out lawn service
- BOC does not revote on lawn contract 21 comments
- Knight named Covington city manager 8 comments
- Council denies Treadwell appointment; goes back to drawing board on city manager search 7 comments
- Douglas running for Congress 19 comments
- Council divided over city manager appointment 2 comments