Two very familiar faces will be absent from the Rockdale County Board of Education this year.
An election that captured the attention of Rockdale residents for more than half the year was the biggest story in Rockdale County in 2012.
An unusual lawsuit filed by a principal in the Newton County School System served as a focus for many readers for about half of 2012.
News that Baxter International will open a bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Stanton Springs isn’t just the top story of the year — it may well be one of the top stories in the history of Newton County.
The Board of Commissioners recently tabled a vote on the proposed Salem Overlay, based on public feedback.
For the first time in its 80-year history, Augusta National Golf Club has female members.
All of a sudden, biting into a fried chicken sandwich has become a political statement.
Health Reports for June 5
Experts warn of summer heat dangers.
Qualifying wrapped on Friday.
The Newton Citizen Poll for May 27
Second Lt. Andy Farris spent 365 days fighting in some of the most historic and ferocious engagements of the Vietnam War, including the Tet Offensive of '68.
The motions hearing regarding the LaQuanda Carpenter lawsuit against individuals commenting on the Newton Citizen website has been rescheduled for June 19.
Army veteran Ray Rupple walked across France and Germany during his 18 months of combat.
Indian Creek Golf Club is under new ownership and is getting a makeover in preparation for an August reopening.
- Griffin-Murphy Engagement
- Jacobi - Faust Engagement
- Wilbanks-Bennett Wedding
- Brockman - Brado Engagement
- Fils -- Pollock Engagement
- Alianna Zaytsev Birth
- Pope - Meredith Engagement
- Lamb - Wyatt Engagement
- Kelsie Stumpf Birth
- Steedley-Pulliam Engagement
- National EMS celebrates two decades of accreditation
- Hen House presents art show in Olde Town
- Newton leaders graduate from economic development academy
- Bard employee honored for her work with new hires
- Moe's named top Mexican chain
- Discount Tire opens in Conyers
- RMC employee honored by United Way
- Pratt breaks ground on transfer station
- Risk Management wins Citizen drawing
- Apollo Staffing honored
- Covington amending temp sign ordinance
- Covington Council approves mayor's economic development plan 1 comment
- Tuesday's BOC meeting canceled: Work session on firearms discharge to be held at later date 8 comments
- Officials oppose three bills with local impact 1 comment
- BOC votes to bid out lawn service
- BOC does not revote on lawn contract 21 comments
- Knight named Covington city manager 8 comments
- Council denies Treadwell appointment; goes back to drawing board on city manager search 7 comments
- Douglas running for Congress 19 comments
- Council divided over city manager appointment 2 comments