A New Jersey man found guilty of murder Friday has been sentenced to death.
A toxic substance scare at the U.S. Postal Service Annex at ByPass Road Tuesday afternoon turned out to be a false alarm.
Murder suspect Wayne McMullen surrendered to investigators with the Covington Police Department at approximately 5 p.m. Saturday.
The Covington Police Department is investigating a shooting near the Pure gas station on Washington Street.
Floods are the most common and widespread of all natural disasters, excluding fire.
The following charges and arrest were reported by the Newton County Sheriff's Office, Covington Police Office, Oxford Police Office and Porterdale Police Department:. -- Ali Kareem Adams, 26, 35 Hidden Ridge Drive, possession of marijuana less than one ounce.. -- Pedro Aguilar-Estrada, 33, 1101 Johnson Road, Conyers, no seat
Lightning is a deadly "by-product" of thunderstorms which are very common in Georgia.
Two people were arrested over the weekend in connection with unrelated marijuana grow operations.
A unit of the Covington Housing Authority was damaged by fire Wednesday morning.
The Newton County Sheriff's Office is investigating a double murder Tuesday after EMTs discovered two bodies at a county residence.
A Conyers man is charged with burglarizing his friend's house.
Rockdale Sheriff Jeff Wigington advises residents to plan ahead for safety during a tornado.
A Conyers woman faces a forgery charge following her arrest Monday.
- Glad to be a grad
- Alcovy grads linked by Tiger blood
- Denmark new Heritage boy's basketball coach
- 2013 Newton grads break scholarship record
- EHS grads told to embrace the possibilities that lie ahead
- Newton Sheriff's Office makes arrests in connection with Silos May 3 shooting
- Newton Citizen Poll for May 26, 2013
- Fuhrey salary $10K less than Mathews' contract
- Landscape contract awarded to G & G 5 comments
- Seniors enjoy world-class cuisine