DENVER -- In a showdown at close quarters, President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney sparred aggressively in their first campaign debate Wednesday night over taxes, deficits and strong steps needed to create jobs in a sputtering national economy. "The status quo is not going to cut it," declared
The Covington City Council has approved the final reading of an ordinance regulating taxi operations.
With the General Election just over a month away, local organizations are hosting forums to help voters make up their minds.
The city of Covington is cracking down on illegal taxicab operations.
The Covington City Council approved an ordinance amendment prohibiting panhandling in the city.
The city of Oxford has hired a new city manager to replace the current manager who is retiring this year.
The Covington City Council continues to fine tune requirements for the city manager position.
Transferable development rights, a subject that has been on the back burner for several years, is once again being discussed by county commissioners.
County and municipal governments have to decide whether to levy an excise tax to replace lost revenues resulting from a sales tax exemption on energy use by manufacturers.
The Covington City Council has approved a moratorium on issuing permits for work along railroad rights of way.
State Rep. Pam Dickerson won a second term in office in Tuesday's runoff.
Habitat for Humanity will take responsibility for the last leg of the county's NSP program.
The Covington City Council approved the final reading of an ordinance to raise sanitation fees.
The Covington City Council has begun discussions about selecting a new city manager.
Dickerson, Sawyer face runoff for 113th House seat.
- Challenge Charter Academy 3rd Quarter Honor Roll List
- Barksdale names Super Buccaneers
- GPC president speaks to Conyers Rotary Club
- Administrative changes ahead for Newton Schools
- Newton schools begin summer schedule
- Alcovy grads linked by Tiger blood
- EHS grads told to embrace the possibilities that lie ahead
- Area Students -- College
- School board pegs internal candidate as next superintendent; Fuhrey will be first female superintendent 21 comments
- Top Eastside students ready for college