A first reading of an amendment to Covington's temporary sign ordinance was approved March 18.
The City Council approved several proposals to spur economic development at the request of Mayor Ronnie Johnston.
Tuesday's BOC meeting has been canceled.
The Georgia Municipal Association and several local officials are opposed to three bills that would impact local governments.
The BOC unanimously voted to put the lawn care contract out to bid.
Commisioners did not revisit the lawn maintenance contract Tuesday, but said they are working on getting new policies in place.
Covington Finance Director Leigh Anne Knight was appointed city manager Thursday evening.
The Covington City Council voted 4 to 2 to have a consultant provide another group of candidates for the city manager position Monday night, and denied a motion to appoint Capt. Craig Treadwell to the position.
Commissioner John Douglas is running for Congress.
The Covington City Council has not yet reached a consensus on who the net city manager should be.
The top three finalists for Covington city manager have been revealed.
Keith Ellis has several priorities identified for his first year in office.
Covington Mayor Ronnie Johnston has identified his top priorities for the new year.
The Covington City Council will meet for nine hours next week to narrow down city manager candidates.
Filming policies have been estabished for "The Vampire Diaries" and other productions shot inside city of Covington limits.
- College area news
- Strike up the bands
- School lunch prices won't increase as expected 1 comment
- Georgia withdraws from national consortium 6 comments
- New Smart Snack guidelines on tap for school cafeterias
- Porterdale Honor Roll
- School board approves new system administrators
- Newton student outperform state in third of CRCT areas; Results improve for fourth year
- Challenge Charter Academy 3rd Quarter Honor Roll List
- Barksdale names Super Buccaneers