A first reading of an amendment to Covington's temporary sign ordinance was approved March 18.
The City Council approved several proposals to spur economic development at the request of Mayor Ronnie Johnston.
Tuesday's BOC meeting has been canceled.
The Georgia Municipal Association and several local officials are opposed to three bills that would impact local governments.
The BOC unanimously voted to put the lawn care contract out to bid.
Commisioners did not revisit the lawn maintenance contract Tuesday, but said they are working on getting new policies in place.
Covington Finance Director Leigh Anne Knight was appointed city manager Thursday evening.
The Covington City Council voted 4 to 2 to have a consultant provide another group of candidates for the city manager position Monday night, and denied a motion to appoint Capt. Craig Treadwell to the position.
Commissioner John Douglas is running for Congress.
The Covington City Council has not yet reached a consensus on who the net city manager should be.
The top three finalists for Covington city manager have been revealed.
Keith Ellis has several priorities identified for his first year in office.
Covington Mayor Ronnie Johnston has identified his top priorities for the new year.
The Covington City Council will meet for nine hours next week to narrow down city manager candidates.
Filming policies have been estabished for "The Vampire Diaries" and other productions shot inside city of Covington limits.
- Area Students -- College
- School board pegs internal candidate as next superintendent; Fuhrey will be first female superintendent 15 comments
- Top Eastside students ready for college
- School board may select superintendent Tuesday
- New school accountability scores below state at elementary, middle schools; All schools show improvement over three years 3 comments
- Eastside grad wins national scholarship 1 comment
- Career Academy offers film festival
- Middle Ridge Elementary School -- Honor Roll
- Piedmont Academy -- Honor Roll
- Honey Creek Elementary School -- Honor Roll, 3rd Quarter