The bottom line of good leadership is the ability to produce results.
Randy Poynter's legacy lives on in his family and his contributions to Rockdale County.
America has taken God out of everything and we wonder why all the calamity takes place.
The Georgia State Patrol plans concentrated enforcement efforts to stop impaired driving.
Friends of Newton Parks offer their thanks for support of Twilights at Chimney Park.
The BOC should change its public comment policy.
The city of Oxford congratulates Emory and those who have helped make the school great.
Cheerleaders deserve the same respect as other athletes.
Those who blame others for their problems will never succeed.
A heart-felt thanks goes out to churches who helped children in need.
Political activism can be most effective at home.
I would like to thank the residents of Newton County District 1 who attended my "School Board on Your Corner" public forum at Alcovy High School on July 28. Students, parents, teachers, PTO leaders, school administrators, business owners, seniors and others joined me in a healthy discussion of topics.
On Wednesday, I read that the Rockdale County Public Schools administration has decided to re-program $62,690 to fund the pre-K program for the full 180 days this school year. The state of Georgia had decided that due to shortfalls in the state budget that it could only fund 160 days of instruction this year.
I am writing to commend two very fine writers on the Citizen staff. Darrell Huckaby and Furman Bisher are world class and are as talented as any columnists in the country today.
First let us just look at the word and meaning of scholarship, and then put it with our state use as in "HOPE scholarship."
- OUR VIEW: Georgia needs more sunlight
- OUR VIEW: Blushing to help save lives
- OUR VIEW: Five years later, New Orleans still in danger
- ROBINSON: The American story of slavery
- JACK SIMPSON: Will military cuts leave us too weak to respond when called?
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Stroll across campus evokes glorious memories
- THOMAS: A closer look at Arizona
- JEFF MEADORS: Too much turmoil in curriculum changes and student assessments
- DOUG HOLT: SPLOST bill prompts lively debate on House floor
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Great speech; great actor; great person
- KRAUTHAMMER: Putin’s Ukraine gambit
- ROB JENKINS: Time for a grass-roots movement on term limits
- ROBINSON: GOP sheds crocodile tears over jobs