I would strongly recommend no new funds for the GDOT unless it all goes to rapid rail.
Development should make a community better for the long term, not just address short-term murmurings using textbook answers.
There is more to gain than there is to lose from TSPLOST.
I am now a fan of John Bowers.
Voters need to educate themselves on candidates and issues.
Veterans series is much appreciated.
While I certainly understand the desire to avoid disruption during graduation ceremonies, the simple instructions of what was off limits should have been sufficient.
It is my hope that free speech and freedom of the press rule against attacks meant to direct attention away from serious problems in a high school.
Preserve our freedoms in the Constitution.
Attack on free speech should be dismissed.
Band Booster funds should not be used to pay for substitute teachers.
As of the end of March, FaithWorks has served more than 15,000 individuals in Newton County.
With all the fanfare about the four-county industrial park landing a new industry, no one thought our negotiators would be dealing without a full deck.
Some people just know how to get things done.
A public official keeping fees paid by the taxpayer to a government-funded office is certainly not in the best interest of the public.
- OUR VIEW: Georgia needs more sunlight
- OUR VIEW: Blushing to help save lives
- OUR VIEW: Five years later, New Orleans still in danger
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Change of season leads to change of wardrobe
- ROB JENKINS: Taking the test for Southern citizenship
- ROBINSON: Obama may have to send troops
- DARRELL HUCKABY: One column stands out above the rest
- JACK SIMPSON: Growing older has its benefits
- THOMAS: With Hillary, where is the substance?
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Time to stop playing politics with medical marijuana
- KRAUTHAMMER: Obama sounds uncertain trumpet once again
- ROB JENKINS: How not to raise a slacker
- DARRELL HUCKABY: At some point, yard work becomes inevitable