Weigh interests of children in selecting superintendent. This letter is addressed to members of the Newton County Board of Education. I do not envy you at this time. You carry the weight of all the children of Newton County schools on your shoulders -- and that should be a very
Teaching to the test is exactly what you want -- provided what is taught is comprehensive and essential and the test is designed to reveal what the student knows and can do. The problem with high-stakes, end-of-year standardized tests is that they do
Eastside High School is only 18 years old. The ESPLOST referendum for March 19 calls for replacing the best-performing high school in Newton County. Regardless of what you have been told, if this SPLOST passes it is in the plan to be replaced
We wish to thank all of our friends and acquaintances for their prayers and words of encouragement during Merry Carol's illness.
Thanks to the emergency personnel in Rockdale County.
Every child needs heroes. My son had two -- Sheriff Guy Norman and Judge Sidney Nation.. Many years ago my son, who had ADHD and was later diagnosed with autism, started getting into minor troubles. One of the times he got into trouble, the therapist
Candidate Phinia Aten's signs are misleading.
Where can we find honor, honesty and integrity in Washington?
Today's so-called "cartoon" (Aug. 8, 2012) by the phantom who calls himself "Scrawls" is one of the most egregious and disgusting you have ever allowed to come to print in your publication.
Our gun problem isn't tied to the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution.
All Georgia lawyers and judges should appreciate Judge Johnson's continued commitment to public service.
SSEMC's power supply is dependable now and into the future, and our co-op's conservation efforts are a model for other co-operatives.
On July 11 I received a phone call with a prerecorded message making untrue statements about the current directors of Snapping Shoals EMC, and about cost increases of $200 per year for Snapping Shoals member-owners.
John Strauss has a real love for Districtr 1 and a genuine desire to serve the people of the district without regard for any further political aspirations or agendas.
The genie is out of the bottle, T-SPLOST is challenged again and Rockdale County becomes unhinged.
- OUR VIEW: Georgia needs more sunlight
- OUR VIEW: Blushing to help save lives
- OUR VIEW: Five years later, New Orleans still in danger
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Walking the Holy Land a reminder of the call to oppose evil
- DAVE BELTON: Alternative to AP needed in Georgia schools
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Father's influences richer with the passing of time
- JACK SIMPSON: Rethinking a Valentine's Day decision
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Missing snow? Might as well blame Sherman
- State House passes measures dealing with aging, education
- KRAUTHAMMER: Abolish the fillibuster
- LETTER: Citizens group offers ideas to improve Newton government
- DARRELL HUCKABY: An old friend with new-found fame
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Memorable endings — for one reason or another