John Douglas welcomes Baxter to our community. However, he also supports the comprehensive land use plan that provides for a rural and semi-rural lifestyle in District 1.
I would strongly recommend no new funds for the GDOT unless it all goes to rapid rail.
Development should make a community better for the long term, not just address short-term murmurings using textbook answers.
There is more to gain than there is to lose from TSPLOST.
I am now a fan of John Bowers.
Voters need to educate themselves on candidates and issues.
Veterans series is much appreciated.
While I certainly understand the desire to avoid disruption during graduation ceremonies, the simple instructions of what was off limits should have been sufficient.
It is my hope that free speech and freedom of the press rule against attacks meant to direct attention away from serious problems in a high school.
Preserve our freedoms in the Constitution.
Attack on free speech should be dismissed.
Band Booster funds should not be used to pay for substitute teachers.
As of the end of March, FaithWorks has served more than 15,000 individuals in Newton County.
With all the fanfare about the four-county industrial park landing a new industry, no one thought our negotiators would be dealing without a full deck.
Some people just know how to get things done.
- OUR VIEW: Georgia needs more sunlight
- OUR VIEW: Blushing to help save lives
- OUR VIEW: Five years later, New Orleans still in danger
- JEFF MEADORS: New school scorecards coming in May
- DARRELL HUCKABY: For some questions, there are no answers
- THOMAS: Sebelius is the definition of a scapegoat
- KRAUTHAMMER: Thought police on patrol
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Two weeks in April change the course of history
- ROB JENKINS: Teacher evaluations and the law of unintended consequences
- MILBANK: Republicans kiss votes from women goodbye
- JACK SIMPSON: Relinquishing Internet control not a sign of strength
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Password takes on whole new meaning in the modern world
- THOMAS: Time to focus on things that work