While efforts by new Attorney General Sam Olens have aimed at shining more light on government -- something we applaud here at the opening of Sunshine Week -- a much less visible effort is being launched in the Georgia Senate to hide critical information from the public.
Notice something different about the Citizen today?October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the Citizen hopes to do its part to help raise awareness by publishing today's newspaper on pink newsprint and asking our readers to "Read Pink." To help in the awareness campaign, a portion of the proceeds from today's paper will be donated to three local organizations that support breast cancer research, treatment and prevention -- the Kimberley Chance Atkins Foundation, Newton Medical Auxiliary/Hope Boutique and LifePoint Community Foundation/Rockdale Medical Center.
As the fifth anniversary of Katrina came and went Sunday, a question came to mind: Is the city of New Orleans any safer from that type of disaster today?The answer is: Probably not.
Letters to the Editor
- COMMENTARY: Time to plan for the common good
- LETTER: Time to call off 2050 Plan
- LETTER: Work together for a land use plan
- Treating failure as success
- Where are elected officials on 2050 Plan?
- LETTER: Land owners' objections should be heard
- LETTER: Will you help a hungry child?
- LETTER: Vote to preserve Obama's goals
- LETTER: Time to take note of what's really going on
- LETTER: The time to be a better person is now
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Simple act of kindness outshines baseball greats
- THOMAS: Is Lois Lowry’s ‘The Giver’ a portent of what might be?
- KRAUTHAMMER: The vacant presidency
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Time to say a heartfelt 'thanks' for all the dreams that have come true
- JACK SIMPSON: Trouble on the border
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Georgians have achieved Grady's dream of a 'New South'
- JEFF MEADORS: RCA continues to grow through partnerships
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Appreciating the scents of the summer season
- THOMAS: No more aid to the Palestinian Authority
- DARRELL HUCKABY: What will heal a dangerous world?