While efforts by new Attorney General Sam Olens have aimed at shining more light on government -- something we applaud here at the opening of Sunshine Week -- a much less visible effort is being launched in the Georgia Senate to hide critical information from the public.
Notice something different about the Citizen today?October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the Citizen hopes to do its part to help raise awareness by publishing today's newspaper on pink newsprint and asking our readers to "Read Pink." To help in the awareness campaign, a portion of the proceeds from today's paper will be donated to three local organizations that support breast cancer research, treatment and prevention -- the Kimberley Chance Atkins Foundation, Newton Medical Auxiliary/Hope Boutique and LifePoint Community Foundation/Rockdale Medical Center.
As the fifth anniversary of Katrina came and went Sunday, a question came to mind: Is the city of New Orleans any safer from that type of disaster today?The answer is: Probably not.
Letters to the Editor
- LETTER: Thanks to Partners in Ed for their support
- LETTER: Porter not a true 'civic center'
- LETTER: Slow population growth argues against Bear Creek reservoir project
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop the revisionist history efforts
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: More issues to consider in landfill saga
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Abandoning the Constitution
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Newton BOC deserves thanks for heeding citizens on landfill issue
- LETTER: Businesses deserve protection from patent trolls
- LETTER: 'Strong chair' or 'strong arm'?
- LETTER: The dangers on our roadways
- DARRELL HUCKABY: No finer destination that the village on the Yellow River
- COMMENTARY: We all must let go of racial hatred
- YARBROUGH: One of Georgia Tech’s ‘Lost Dodd Boys’ looks back on the experience
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Carter faces new challenge with typical character, calm
- ROBINSON: How to compete against Trump?
- JACK SIMPSON: Trump’s antics not befitting a president
- DARRELL HUCKABY: A tale of two — or three — parking tickets
- SOWELL: Random thoughts on the passing scene
- MARK SHIELDS: Why Bernie Sanders’ big crowds count
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Saluting a man who embodies Scout’s honor