While efforts by new Attorney General Sam Olens have aimed at shining more light on government -- something we applaud here at the opening of Sunshine Week -- a much less visible effort is being launched in the Georgia Senate to hide critical information from the public.
Notice something different about the Citizen today?October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the Citizen hopes to do its part to help raise awareness by publishing today's newspaper on pink newsprint and asking our readers to "Read Pink." To help in the awareness campaign, a portion of the proceeds from today's paper will be donated to three local organizations that support breast cancer research, treatment and prevention -- the Kimberley Chance Atkins Foundation, Newton Medical Auxiliary/Hope Boutique and LifePoint Community Foundation/Rockdale Medical Center.
As the fifth anniversary of Katrina came and went Sunday, a question came to mind: Is the city of New Orleans any safer from that type of disaster today?The answer is: Probably not.
Letters to the Editor
- LETTER: Chairman's comments on 'stand your ground' divisive
- LETTER: RCSO deserves pat on the back
- LETTER: The thrill of the holiday hunt
- Letter: Nursing homes are reflections of their employees
- LETTER: The American's Creed
- LETTER: Will our freedoms be destroyed?
- Letter: More rental units a bad deal for Conyers
- Letter: Heartfelt thanks for prayers and support
- Letter: Do your part for cleaner air
- Letter: Weigh interests of children in selecting superintendent 3 comments
- THOMAS: Helping minority children key for conservatives
- ROBINSON: The American story of slavery
- JACK SIMPSON: Will military cuts leave us too weak to respond when called?
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Stroll across campus evokes glorious memories
- THOMAS: A closer look at Arizona
- JEFF MEADORS: Too much turmoil in curriculum changes and student assessments
- DOUG HOLT: SPLOST bill prompts lively debate on House floor
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Great speech; great actor; great person
- KRAUTHAMMER: Putin’s Ukraine gambit
- ROB JENKINS: Time for a grass-roots movement on term limits