It’s tedious but worth it – quality academic advisement. It takes a lot of time and even more listening.
The free market will pay what a person is worth and if a person makes himself or herself inexpendable (which is not a word but should be) by demonstrating special talents, skills or abilities, then that person will likely work him or herself into a larger paycheck.
President Obama is impatient. Congress won’t act on immigration, he says, and therefore he will. The White House is coy as to exactly what the president will do. But the leaks point to an executive order essentially legalizing an enormous new class of illegal immigrants, perhaps up to 5 million people.
In case y’all were wondering, it is dog days again. I just went for a 2-mile walk — at 9:30 in the morning — and lost about 4 pounds of water weight from perspiring. I used to sweat, back before I got so sophisticated.
We had just finished a real nice birthday family lunch. The ladies were clearing off the table when I made a casual remark. “Has anyone seen Wolfie lately?” Wolfgang was my former very special German shepherd and I had been forced by circumstances to give him away.
If there really were a “war on whites,” as a Republican congressman from Alabama ludicrously claims, it wouldn’t be going very well for the anti-white side.
This is the first letter you will have ever received from your Papa Huck, but it won’t be the last.
Twenty-nine years ago, as autumn approached, my lovely wife, Lisa, was great with child.
What’s so great about dual enrollment students? A lot.
Having a good marriage is a lot of hard work. But having a bad marriage is easy.
As far as U.S. interests are concerned, it is obvious that our policy should be to fight Islamist terrorist groups such as the Islamic State. But we should not lose sight of the fact that radical Islam, as a regionwide phenomenon, is an ideological force that cannot be bombed out of existence.
It was in the l940s when I was about to graduate from high school. I was wondering what I would do to earn a living. Since my uncles were coal miners, they tried to interest me in digging coal for a paycheck.
It’s almost time for school to start back and teachers everywhere will be scrambling to learn a new set of names.
What an incredible weekend it was. To begin with, any time you can visit the Big Apple with 55 of your closest friends, you are having a good day.
“The Giver” is based on the best-selling novel by Lois Lowry, which won the 1994 Newbery Medal. The film has an A-list cast, comprised of Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges, Katie Holmes and Taylor Swift.
- THOMAS: Combating campus sexual assaults
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Life takes a new turn with first-born grandchild
- LETTER: Comments unfair to Lexicon
- DARRELL HUCKABY: TV's iconic phrases live on in daily life
- ROB JENKINS: Left-wing hysteria machine running in high gear
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Going to the fair? Say hello to the Dog Boy
- JACK SIMPSON: Longing for musical accompaniment on memory lane
- ROBINSON: Bookends of a presidency
- THOMAS: What Jack Ma can re-teach America
- JEFF MEADORS: More school choice makes learning relevant
- OUR VIEW: Georgia needs more sunlight
- OUR VIEW: Blushing to help save lives
- OUR VIEW: Five years later, New Orleans still in danger
Letters to the Editor
- LETTER: Comments unfair to Lexicon
- LETTER: Remember history's lessons with accuracy
- LETTER: Newton commissioners reach new low point
- LETTER: BOC methods disappointing
- LETTER: 2050 Plan the collaborative work of local residents
- LETTER: More questions than answers on 2050 Plan
- LETTER: There are better ways to fix the dumping problem
- Mandatory residential trash pickup too costly
- COMMENTARY: Time to plan for the common good
- LETTER: Time to call off 2050 Plan