Top Opinion stories
Sometimes when I speak I am asked to field questions from the audience.
I've been thinking once again about the way we parents become enslaved to our kids' activities.
The president who benefits from personally giving the green light to Navy SEAL Team 6 will also be held accountable for the wrongful acts of his appointees.
Next time you're watching a college basketball game, and supposedly "big-time" players are clanking the ball off the rim over and over again, remember that we mainly have the AAU culture to thank.
is much sound and even more fury over public school budgets, and it signifies something.
I have been having basketball withdrawals.
Somebody has got to realize that there has to be a better way to evaluate the success of a student, a teacher, a classroom, a grade level, a principal, a school, a school system and, yes, a superintendent of schools than the almighty standardized test scores.
Pope Francis, less than a month in office, is enjoying what could be called a real political honeymoon.
Blaming SACS for a system's poor performance is like blaming the Bar Association for a lawyer's misconduct.
When you think about it, there is a lot to be said for growing up in a small town.
I think that relaxing with a good cup of hot coffee at the beginning of the day is good for the soul.
There are many successful liberals, so why do so many of them wish to subsidize failure for the poor, instead of showing them how to succeed?
I was a fan of women's basketball long before it was cool.
Last week saw the conclusion of this year's legislative session.
Down Ga. Highway 36 toward Jackson, beyond the old Meadors home place, stand schools of personal interest to me.
History is full of warnings about what happens when people follow public opinion instead of standing by their principles.
He's gone, and I shall join the ranks of family and friends who will miss him.
Just when I thought it was safe to glance at the news again I confirmed my growing suspicion that the world has gone slap dab crazy.
- OUR VIEW: Georgia needs more sunlight
- OUR VIEW: Blushing to help save lives
- OUR VIEW: Five years later, New Orleans still in danger
Letters to the Editor
- Letter: More rental units a bad deal for Conyers
- Letter: Heartfelt thanks for prayers and support
- Letter: Do your part for cleaner air
- Letter: Weigh interests of children in selecting superintendent 3 comments
- Letter: The problem with CRCTs
- Letter: Too many questions left about SPLOST 2 comments
- Letter: Prayers, support appreciated
- Letter: Emergency assistance greatly appreciated
- Letter: Thanks to two local heroes
- Letter: Aten's advertising misleading 10 comments
- Mark Shields: Obama's second term pitfalls
- Rob Jenkins: Saying goodbye to another year of folding chairs and ballpark hotdogs
- Darrell Huckaby: Writing this column never grows old
- Jack Simpson: Bees in danger
- Darrell Huckaby: Choosing a line of work now that I'm retired
- Mark Shields: Advice on graduation day
- Cal Thomas: Benghazi, IRS: Son of Watergate?
- Darrell Huckaby: It's hard to part with the 'stuff' of life
- Jeff Meadors: Is Common Core all it's cracked up to be?
- Darrell Huckaby: Always cherish your mother