Top Opinion stories
Words cannot express the horror that went through my mind as images of the deadly tornado that swept through Oklahoma began to be broadcast Monday afternoon.
Tyranny is no longer lurking. It's here.
Georgia's College & Career Ready Performance Index highlights performance flags.
The president who benefits from personally giving the green light to Navy SEAL Team 6 will also be held accountable for the wrongful acts of his appointees.
I've been thinking once again about the way we parents become enslaved to our kids' activities.
Sometimes when I speak I am asked to field questions from the audience.
It is scary to think of the consequences if we cannot reverse the decline in bee deaths.
Now that I am a retired educator I guess I have to decide what to tell people when they ask me what I do for a living.
The graduation speaker's duty is to provide some rules or advice for the graduates.
Journalists should do their jobs on Benghazi and IRS issues.
All good things must come to an end. I haven't really gotten tired of teaching. I just don't have the energy to do it all day any longer.
While many consider Common Core State Standards a national movement, opposition mounts.
If you still have your mother this Mother's Day, cherish her. If you do not, cherish her memory.
Words. We all have the same ones at our disposal but many of us seem determined to use the same ones over and over.
Just when you think nothing else will confirm your belief that we live on a crazy planet, something new turns up.
- OUR VIEW: Georgia needs more sunlight
- OUR VIEW: Blushing to help save lives
- OUR VIEW: Five years later, New Orleans still in danger
Letters to the Editor
- Letter: More rental units a bad deal for Conyers
- Letter: Heartfelt thanks for prayers and support
- Letter: Do your part for cleaner air
- Letter: Weigh interests of children in selecting superintendent 3 comments
- Letter: The problem with CRCTs
- Letter: Too many questions left about SPLOST 2 comments
- Letter: Prayers, support appreciated
- Letter: Emergency assistance greatly appreciated
- Letter: Thanks to two local heroes
- Letter: Aten's advertising misleading 10 comments
- Jeff Meadors: Performance flags give needed direction for educational improvement
- Darrell Huckaby: Oklahoma tragedy will bring out the worst -- and the best -- in us
- Cal Thomas: Tyranny is no longer 'lurking'
- Mark Shields: Obama's second term pitfalls
- Rob Jenkins: Saying goodbye to another year of folding chairs and ballpark hotdogs
- Darrell Huckaby: Writing this column never grows old
- Jack Simpson: Bees in danger
- Darrell Huckaby: Choosing a line of work now that I'm retired
- Mark Shields: Advice on graduation day
- Cal Thomas: Benghazi, IRS: Son of Watergate?