Top Opinion stories
My buddies and I all agreed that the very best TV dad of all time was Andy Griffith.
Tthere are few things I know more about than fatherhood.
Edward Snowden has been relentlessly attacked by Washington pundits and politicians for one, unforgivable offense: He did not graduate from high school.
I am sure there are many in Covington, and perhaps throughout Newton County, who are completely unaware of the passing of an era right here in our own back yard.. In recent years there has been a trend for large corporate organizations to
Don't be a victim of telephone scammers.
What this country needs is not a good 5-cent cigar, but a return to the days of the telephone booth.
There was a time when bad behavior carried serious consequences.
Big yellow means big bucks in the Newton County School System.
More and more of us don't trust government.
So the IRS is in hot water for undue diligence in evaluating conservative Americans and the taxes they owe.
We who live in Washington are admittedly a little defensive about this city we call home.
If you have been watching the same television news I have, then you know severe weather patterns are developing across the nation.
Does area math performance build a case for college math?
The "maiden voyage," so to speak, of my latest venture, Huck's Tours, is in the books and I am compelled to consider it a major success.
The cicadas are coming!
- OUR VIEW: Georgia needs more sunlight
- OUR VIEW: Blushing to help save lives
- OUR VIEW: Five years later, New Orleans still in danger
Letters to the Editor
- Letter: Nursing homes are reflections of their employees
- LETTER: The American's Creed
- LETTER: Will our freedoms be destroyed?
- Letter: More rental units a bad deal for Conyers
- Letter: Heartfelt thanks for prayers and support
- Letter: Do your part for cleaner air
- Letter: Weigh interests of children in selecting superintendent 3 comments
- Letter: The problem with CRCTs
- Letter: Too many questions left about SPLOST 2 comments
- Letter: Prayers, support appreciated
- Mark Shields: Washington snobbery distracts from the real issues
- Rob Jenkins: Some favorite things I've said about fathers
- Darrell Huckaby: TV dads can't measure up to the real thing
- Jack Simpson: Beware the telephone scammers
- Darrell Huckaby: Private conversations a thing of the past
- Cal Thomas: Whatever happened to consequences for bad behavior?
- Jeff Meadors: School system taking the wrong route on alternative school bus service 11 comments
- Cal Thomas: When government can't be trusted
- Darrell Huckaby: IRS tax forms not nearly so clear as the Constitution
- Shields: Washington and the von Moltke Grid