Newton High School's 2013 valedictorian is Alex Grady, right, and the salutatorian is Brittain Hunt.
A car show will coincide with a county employee recognition event on Sunday.
A 34-year-old Oxford woman was arrested by the Covington Police Friday after she allegedly attempted to have an altered prescription filled.
A detention deputy with the Newton County Detention Center faces sexual assault charges in connection with a female inmate.
There are a variety of dogs and cats available for adoption this week at the Newton and Rockdale animal shelters.
Charges in an alleged racing accident on I-20 last week are pending completion of the follow-up investigation.
Traveling Angels will host its annual dinner honoring senior citizens Saturday, May 18.
Two suspects believed to be in the drug trade arrested during a traffic stop by Covington Police.
Oxford College held its 168th commencement exercises Saturday.
Farm Day at Berry's Tree Farm
A nonprofit board behind Chimney Park is working to raise funds for a paved path into the park.
Annie Maud Maddox celebrates 102nd birthday.
The Covington Conyers Choral Guild will perform its spring concert May 17.
Editor's Note: Restaurant health inspection reports published in the Citizen newspapers include only the restaurant's name, address, score and date of inspection. This is due to the length of violations included in the reports. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com
- Kristopher "Kris" Adams
- Deborah Burns
- Carl Lung
- Mildred Thomas
- Inzer White
- Kathryn Lindsay
- John Huff
- Edward "Ed" Mcgehee
- Fred White
- Susan Herring
- Newton County Jail Blotter for May 17, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for May 10, 2013
- Newton County Jail Log for May 3, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for April 26, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for April 12, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for March 22, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for March 15, 2013
- The Newton County Jail Blotter for March 8, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for March 1, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for Feb. 22, 2013