County commissioners approved an ordinance regulating discharge of firearms Tuesday night by a vote of 4 to 1. District 1 Commissioner John Douglas was the lone dissenter.
Georgia's College & Career Ready Performance Index highlights performance flags.
Words cannot express the horror that went through my mind as images of the deadly tornado that swept through Oklahoma began to be broadcast Monday afternoon.
Newton County's high school graduation rate outpaces the state's average and has increased 12 percent from last school year.
Faith-based agencies and others are on stand-by for calls for help from Oklahoma.
Clara Deemer is retiring after 10 years as tourism director.
The Newton County Sheriff's Office officially opens the Westside Precinct on Salem Road Tuesday morning.
There are a variety of dogs and cats available for adoption at the Newton and Rockdale animal shelters this week.
The Newton County Board of Education got its first look at the 2013-14 school year budget at a special called meeting last week.
There are several Memorial Day events planned for Covington and Conyers.
Covington woman reports harassing emails which threatened her life.
Courtney Bernardi and James Johnson are the new faces of economic development in Newton County.
A quick-thinking armed robbery victim was able to furnish Newon County authorities with a tag number which led to the quick arrest of two Rockdale residents.
Health reports for Newton and Rockdale counties for May 21, 2013.
The FFA-FCCLA Center is gearing up for a busy summer.
- Kristopher "Kris" Adams
- Deborah Burns
- Carl Lung
- Mildred Thomas
- Inzer White
- Kathryn Lindsay
- John Huff
- Edward "Ed" Mcgehee
- Fred White
- Susan Herring
- Newton County Jail Blotter for May 24, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for May 17, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for May 10, 2013
- Newton County Jail Log for May 3, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for April 26, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for April 12, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for March 22, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for March 15, 2013
- The Newton County Jail Blotter for March 8, 2013
- Newton County Jail Blotter for March 1, 2013