The flu vaccine may not be very effective this winter, according to U.S. health officials who worry this may lead to more serious illnesses and deaths.
The CDC says about 150 people from three African nations where Ebola has broken out enter the U.S. daily
Air travelers from Guinea, Liberia and Sieraa Leone will undergo screening at five major U.S. airports, including Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta.
Health reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for June 18, 2013
Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for April 30, 2013.
Restaurant health inspections for June 26.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Restaurant health inspection reports published in the Citizen newspapers include only the restaurant's name, address, score and date of inspection. This is due to the length of violations included i the reports. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com
Newton Medical has received a state grant for its car seat safety program.
ATLANTA (AP) Bread and rolls are the No. 1 source of salt in the American diet, accounting for more than twice as much sodium as salty junk food like potato chips.That surprising finding comes in a government report released Tuesday that includes a list of the top 10 sources of
Rehab South Physical Therapy will offer free screenings throughout the month of February. During a 15-minute screening, a qualified therapist will evaluate any pains or injuries and give a recommendation for further medical attention.
A new government study suggests a lot of teenage girls are clueless about their chances of getting pregnant.
The Hospital Authority of Rockdale County has announced it will accept applications for the grants program that supports local charitable health care initiatives.
- BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT: Ross Reed Tucker
- How in-home care supports active independence for seniors
- THE RECIPE BOX: Easy creamsicle cake is ready in half an hour
- JULIE WELLS: Find your identity in Jesus Christ
- SCRAPBOOK: Conyers Garden Club appoints new officers
- MILITARY NEWS: Locals graduate from basic training
- How to talk to senior loved ones about scams
- How to get a bikini worthy body
- How to grow a sunflower in a pot
- JULIE WELLS: Share Good News of Jesus through love
Home and Garden
- ORRIN MORRIS: Find blue-eyed grass at Panola Mountain State Park
- ORRIN MORRIS: Moss verbena a metaphor for how to find righteousness with God, neighbors
- ORRIN MORRIS: Chickweed reminds us we 'have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'
- Conyers Garden Club displays Christmas arrangement
- ORRIN MORRIS: The unique and exotic pool sprite exists in our own front yard
- ORRIN MORRIS: Oconee bell reminds us of the diversity of God's world
- ORRIN MORRIS: Shepherd's needle can cover your pant leg before you know it
- Conyers Garden Club: November Yard of the Month
- Conyers Garden Club: Yard of the Month
- ORRIN MORRIS: Devil's bite endangered in the North but not the South
Food and Recipes
- JULIE WELLS: Open-face chicken and onion sandwiches hit the spot
- JULIE WELLS: Dress up French toast with peanut butter and jelly
- JULIE WELLS: Almond butter fudge makes for a chocolatey, sweet Valentine treat
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use fresh farmer’s market veggies in simply summery feta cheese salad
- RECIPE BOX: Warm up a cool fall night with chicken casserole
- RECIPE BOX: Transform refried beans into a delicious dip
- RECIPE BOX: Microwave Vidalia onions for a quick side dish
- RECIPE BOX: Pimentos add a nice flavor to mac and cheese
- RECIPE BOX: Veg-All pockets are an easy, delicious dinner
- RECIPE BOX: S'mores trail mix offers a sweat treat for kids, adults