Health reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for June 18, 2013
Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for April 30, 2013.
Restaurant health inspections for June 26.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Restaurant health inspection reports published in the Citizen newspapers include only the restaurant's name, address, score and date of inspection. This is due to the length of violations included i the reports. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com
Newton Medical has received a state grant for its car seat safety program.
ATLANTA (AP) Bread and rolls are the No. 1 source of salt in the American diet, accounting for more than twice as much sodium as salty junk food like potato chips.That surprising finding comes in a government report released Tuesday that includes a list of the top 10 sources of
Rehab South Physical Therapy will offer free screenings throughout the month of February. During a 15-minute screening, a qualified therapist will evaluate any pains or injuries and give a recommendation for further medical attention.
A new government study suggests a lot of teenage girls are clueless about their chances of getting pregnant.
The Hospital Authority of Rockdale County has announced it will accept applications for the grants program that supports local charitable health care initiatives.
Relay for Life will hold its kickoff event Tuesday, Nov. 15 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Rockdale Career Academy.
RMC officials and the Kimberley Chance Atkins Foundation unveiled the Wall of Hope display Thursday evening at the hospital which includes portraits of 12 local breast cancer survivors.
- Local bikers invited to join in toy rides, donate to the needy
- Church Activities for Oct. 11, 2013
- TERRI SCHLICHENMEYER: Savor solid gardening tips, mouth-watering recipes in ‘To Eat’
- RONDA RICH: Independence can be learned at any age
- New faculty members join Piedmont Academy
- Piedmont students visit cheer camp
- Eastside grad completes D.C. internship
- Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale County for Aug. 20, 2013
- Getting crafty
- ORRIN MORRIS: Yellow star-grass a solitary plant that prefers open woods, meadows
Home and Garden
- ORRIN MORRIS: Find blue-eyed grass at Panola Mountain State Park
- ORRIN MORRIS: Moss verbena a metaphor for how to find righteousness with God, neighbors
- ORRIN MORRIS: Chickweed reminds us we 'have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'
- Conyers Garden Club displays Christmas arrangement
- ORRIN MORRIS: The unique and exotic pool sprite exists in our own front yard
- ORRIN MORRIS: Oconee bell reminds us of the diversity of God's world
- ORRIN MORRIS: Shepherd's needle can cover your pant leg before you know it
- Conyers Garden Club: November Yard of the Month
- Conyers Garden Club: Yard of the Month
- ORRIN MORRIS: Devil's bite endangered in the North but not the South
Food and Recipes
- RECIPE BOX: Warm up a cool fall night with chicken casserole
- RECIPE BOX: Transform refried beans into a delicious dip
- RECIPE BOX: Microwave Vidalia onions for a quick side dish
- RECIPE BOX: Pimentos add a nice flavor to mac and cheese
- RECIPE BOX: Veg-All pockets are an easy, delicious dinner
- RECIPE BOX: S'mores trail mix offers a sweat treat for kids, adults
- THE RECIPE BOX: Freedom parfaits add to festive Fourth
- RECIPE BOX: Hawaiian sandwich combines bacon, cheese, pineapple
- THE RECIPE BOX: Caramel brownies are an ooey-gooey treat 1 comment
- THE RECIPE BOX: Strawberry pie an easy-to-make, delicious treat