Health reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for June 18, 2013
Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for April 30, 2013.
Restaurant health inspections for June 26.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Restaurant health inspection reports published in the Citizen newspapers include only the restaurant's name, address, score and date of inspection. This is due to the length of violations included i the reports. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com
Newton Medical has received a state grant for its car seat safety program.
ATLANTA (AP) Bread and rolls are the No. 1 source of salt in the American diet, accounting for more than twice as much sodium as salty junk food like potato chips.That surprising finding comes in a government report released Tuesday that includes a list of the top 10 sources of
Rehab South Physical Therapy will offer free screenings throughout the month of February. During a 15-minute screening, a qualified therapist will evaluate any pains or injuries and give a recommendation for further medical attention.
A new government study suggests a lot of teenage girls are clueless about their chances of getting pregnant.
The Hospital Authority of Rockdale County has announced it will accept applications for the grants program that supports local charitable health care initiatives.
Relay for Life will hold its kickoff event Tuesday, Nov. 15 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Rockdale Career Academy.
RMC officials and the Kimberley Chance Atkins Foundation unveiled the Wall of Hope display Thursday evening at the hospital which includes portraits of 12 local breast cancer survivors.
- Beatrice Hester celebrates her 102nd birthday
- SCRAPBOOK: Garden Club awards yard of the month for August
- BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT: Noah Cooper
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' still 'kowabunga' at box office
- THE RECIPE BOX: Kick off football season with this cheesy, creamy pepperoni dip
- JULIE WELLS: Showing compassion towards people is being like Jesus
- Turtles shell Guardians for top box office spot
- THE RECIPE BOX: Mango salsa a flavor festival in your mouth
- SCRAPBOOK: Retired Educators award scholarships
- SCRAPBOOK: Rockdale Retired Educators install new officers
Home and Garden
- ORRIN MORRIS: Find blue-eyed grass at Panola Mountain State Park
- ORRIN MORRIS: Moss verbena a metaphor for how to find righteousness with God, neighbors
- ORRIN MORRIS: Chickweed reminds us we 'have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'
- Conyers Garden Club displays Christmas arrangement
- ORRIN MORRIS: The unique and exotic pool sprite exists in our own front yard
- ORRIN MORRIS: Oconee bell reminds us of the diversity of God's world
- ORRIN MORRIS: Shepherd's needle can cover your pant leg before you know it
- Conyers Garden Club: November Yard of the Month
- Conyers Garden Club: Yard of the Month
- ORRIN MORRIS: Devil's bite endangered in the North but not the South
Food and Recipes
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use fresh farmer’s market veggies in simply summery feta cheese salad
- RECIPE BOX: Warm up a cool fall night with chicken casserole
- RECIPE BOX: Transform refried beans into a delicious dip
- RECIPE BOX: Microwave Vidalia onions for a quick side dish
- RECIPE BOX: Pimentos add a nice flavor to mac and cheese
- RECIPE BOX: Veg-All pockets are an easy, delicious dinner
- RECIPE BOX: S'mores trail mix offers a sweat treat for kids, adults
- THE RECIPE BOX: Freedom parfaits add to festive Fourth
- RECIPE BOX: Hawaiian sandwich combines bacon, cheese, pineapple
- THE RECIPE BOX: Caramel brownies are an ooey-gooey treat 1 comment