At the urging of State Rep. Andy Welch (R-McDonough), the Georgia House of Representatives has approved, and issued, a resolution making the second week of November, “Kindness Week” in Georgia.
Though top hats and tails are optional, this year's annual father-daughter ball by the Rotary Club of Rockdale County is sure to be super duper.
Santa tracking volunteers received around 102,000 phone calls asking about Santa Claus’ progress. The previous record had been around 80,000 calls.
Santa Claus’ popularity, according to an AP-AOL poll in 2006, is up slightly since before the recession hit.
A ballet dancer since the age of 3, Ashley Lazenby has a wealth of experience when it comes to "The Nutcracker," Tchaikovsky's timeless holiday classic. "My very first 'Nutcracker' was when I was in the eighth grade," Lazenby said. "I was in Waltz of the Flowers and the Chinese divertisma. Since then, over my career I've done pretty much everything there is to do in 'Nutcracker.'"
Trick-or-treaters are invited to the Covington Square between 5:30 and 7:30 Monday night for Halloween candy handed out by public safety officials. In Conyers, the First United Methodist Church will hold its annual Fall Festival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. to kick off treat-or-treating in Olde Town Conyers.
A family in Madison is getting extreme home renovation help this week from local volunteers and businesses, as well as the "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" television show.
With the advent of the 183rd annual Salem Camp Meeting beginning today, families were turning up Thursday to air out and clean up their cabins, or "tents" as they're known among the faithful, at the Salem Road campgrounds.
- THE RECIPE BOX: Easy creamsicle cake is ready in half an hour
- JULIE WELLS: Find your identity in Jesus Christ
- SCRAPBOOK: Conyers Garden Club appoints new officers
- MILITARY NEWS: Locals graduate from basic training
- How to talk to senior loved ones about scams
- How to get a bikini worthy body
- How to grow a sunflower in a pot
- JULIE WELLS: Share Good News of Jesus through love
- THE RECIPE BOX: Honey vinaigrette dressing is tangy, tart and tasty
- How a CareBot™ can benefit the elderly and the entire family
- Church Calendar
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Pastors must maintain delicate balance of leader, friend
- Lunch lectures focus on American history, God
- Rockdale/Newton Church Activities
- Cornish Mt. Baptist hosts Ham and Egg Supper
- Calvary Baptist to hold Revival
- Newton Baptist hosts gospel singing
- Covington 1st UMC hosts Dave Ramsey class
- Pleasant Hill CME hosts 140th anniversary celebration
- Gateway Community hosts showing of movie "Courageous"
Food and Recipes
- JULIE WELLS: Open-face chicken and onion sandwiches hit the spot
- JULIE WELLS: Dress up French toast with peanut butter and jelly
- JULIE WELLS: Almond butter fudge makes for a chocolatey, sweet Valentine treat
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use fresh farmer’s market veggies in simply summery feta cheese salad
- RECIPE BOX: Warm up a cool fall night with chicken casserole
- RECIPE BOX: Transform refried beans into a delicious dip
- RECIPE BOX: Microwave Vidalia onions for a quick side dish
- RECIPE BOX: Pimentos add a nice flavor to mac and cheese
- RECIPE BOX: Veg-All pockets are an easy, delicious dinner
- RECIPE BOX: S'mores trail mix offers a sweat treat for kids, adults