Mike Nichols, the director of matchless versatility who brought fierce wit, caustic social commentary and wicked absurdity to such film, TV and stage hits as "The Graduate," ''Angels in America" and "Monty Python's Spamalot," has died. He was 83.
People magazine has named Chris Hemsworth the "Sexiest Man Alive" of 2014, cheering the Australian actor's rise as hammer-wielding, bone fide hunk in the "Thor" films.
A star-studded lineup of young and seasoned rockers took to the stage of Atlanta's venerable Fox Theatre Wednesday night to honor Lynyrd Skynyrd, the band that fomented the Southern rock genre and was a 1970s radio staple.
Perry gets nod over Rihanna and Coldplay
Pop star Katy Perry will provide the halftime entertainment for Super Bowl XLIX, multiple media outlets reported Thursday.
'A Walk Amoing the Tombstones' ends up in second place
"Maze Runner" pulls in $32.5 million in U.S. and Canadian box offices.
Apple is giving away U2's new album, "Songs of Innocence," for free on its iTunes store through Oct. 13.
The Marvel misfits are nearing $300 million at domestic theaters
“Guardians of the Galaxy” has been No. 1 with ticket buyers for four of the six weeks it has been showing.
Joan Rivers has died at the age of 81, her daughter said in a statement. She had been in a New York hospital recovering from complications during a recent surgery.
Pop star Justin Bieber was charged with assault and dangerous driving over the weekend after an incident near the small Canadian town where he grew up.
A record number of gamers, cosplayers, comic book readers and pop culture fans are expected to pour into downtown Atlanta this Labor Day weekend for the 28th consecutive year of Dragon Con.
In a night marked by a few upsets and a host of repeat winners, “Breaking Bad” grabbed its second consecutive Emmy for best drama series while “Modern Family”made it a record-tying fifth consecutive win for comedy series.
A review of the Emmy Awards by Brian Lowry from Variety.com.
There were surprise stunners, including Lizzy Caplan in black-in-front, white-in-back Donna Karan Atelier, January Jones in vivid red Prabal Gurung, Robin Wright in a Ralph Lauren pantsuit, Alexandra Daddario in Reem Acra and Sarah Paulson in Armani Prive.
At Monday's Primetime Emmy Awards, Billy Crystal led the audience in a moving tribute for comedian and Emmy-winning actor Robin Williams, who died Aug. 11.
With some twerking and shaking, the leading ladies of pop music dominated the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday as raunchy performances opened the show, while Katy Perry and Ed Sheeran took home the first Moonman awards.
Health and Wellness
- Flu vaccine may be less effective this winter
- Atlanta, 4 other U.S. airports to screen travelers for Ebola
- Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for June 18, 2013
- Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for April 30, 2013
- Health inspections for Newton and Rockdale counties for June 26
- Newton, Rockdale health reports for March 5-12
- Feb. 28 Health Reports
- Feb. 21 Health Reports
- Feb. 14 Health Reports
- NMC gets grant for car seat safety program
Home and Garden
- ORRIN MORRIS: Find blue-eyed grass at Panola Mountain State Park
- ORRIN MORRIS: Moss verbena a metaphor for how to find righteousness with God, neighbors
- ORRIN MORRIS: Chickweed reminds us we 'have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'
- Conyers Garden Club displays Christmas arrangement
- ORRIN MORRIS: The unique and exotic pool sprite exists in our own front yard
- ORRIN MORRIS: Oconee bell reminds us of the diversity of God's world
- ORRIN MORRIS: Shepherd's needle can cover your pant leg before you know it
- Conyers Garden Club: November Yard of the Month
- Conyers Garden Club: Yard of the Month
- ORRIN MORRIS: Devil's bite endangered in the North but not the South