In the midst of a winter that's felt more like spring, Panola Mountain State Park has welcomed a steady stream of visitors who have taken advantage of weekly hikes, and naturalist Amy Snow hopes even more folks venture out to see the beauty of the granite mountain.
Movie critic Michael Clark gives "Chronicle" 4 out of 4 stars.
Prince William arrived in the Falkland Islands Thursday for a six-week deployment as a search and rescue helicopter pilot, British officials said.
Rehab South Physical Therapy will offer free screenings throughout the month of February. During a 15-minute screening, a qualified therapist will evaluate any pains or injuries and give a recommendation for further medical attention.
Fairview Elementary School. Honor Roll. All A Honor Roll. Fourth grade: Aiyana Cooper. A/B Honor Roll. Fourth grade: Trece Daniel, Nile Dokes, Laura Jean Dole, Daiyannah Hicks, Latief Huger, Erica Moss, Melonie Oakes, Neriah Patrick, Susan Bishop, Destiny Bryant, Natalya Cobb, Ojerhomu Erakpotobor, Lorax Froelich, Zachary Michel, Samantha Miller
Local Film Fans reviewed, "Haywire," the movie of the week.
Michael Clark reviews Glenn Close's new movie, "Albert Nobbs."
Michael Clark said, "'We Need to Talk About Kevin' is a visceral, throttling and take-no-prisoners type of movie that imagines two radically different methods of child-rearing present since the dawn of time."
Michael Clark spotlights "The Doors: Mr. Mojo Risin' -- The Story of L.A. Woman" Blu-ray disc.
Movie critic Michael Clark takes a look at Liam Neeson's new action flick, "The Grey."
Michael Clark reviews director Asger Leth's movie "Man on a Ledge."
The diversity of the wildflower kingdom is minor compared to the diversity of humanity. Every individual is unique although he or she dwells within a family, a community or a culture.
Salem High School's Theatre Salem and Thespian Troupe #5120 presents "Little Shop of Horrors" this winter.
One of the things Donna Kokumo Buie likes best about storytelling is that the folktales, though different in detail, often contain the same basic storyline.
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Pastors must maintain delicate balance of leader, friend
- Lunch lectures focus on American history, God
- Rockdale/Newton Church Activities
- Cornish Mt. Baptist hosts Ham and Egg Supper
- Calvary Baptist to hold Revival
- Newton Baptist hosts gospel singing
- Covington 1st UMC hosts Dave Ramsey class
- Pleasant Hill CME hosts 140th anniversary celebration
- Gateway Community hosts showing of movie "Courageous"
- Loves and Hugs offer New Year’s Eve Service
- VIDEO: Dashboard camera of Reese Witherspoon's Atlanta arrest
- Grammy voters spread love all around
- Golden Globes: 'Les Miserables' 'Argo' and 'Girls' win big
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'This Means War' takes aim at charming Rom-Com, but misses mark
- FILM FANS: 3-D not needed for 'Star Wars: Episode I'
- DISC SPOTLIGHT: 'Woody Allen: A Documentary'
- MOVIE REVIEW: ‘Separation’ unique look at Iran, but audiences may be lost in translation
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Borrowers' tale 'Arrietty' has warm charm
- Adele top winner with 6 Grammys
- Grammys honor Houston, celebrate 'fallen sister'
- State House designates ‘Kindness Week’ in Georgia
- Annual father-daughter ball is 'Puttin' On The Ritz'
- NORAD Santa trackers have record holiday
- Poll: Santa Claus believers’ parents had faith in him
- 'Nutcracker' ballet takes the stage in Covington
- Trick-or-treaters invited to Covington Square, Olde Town Conyers
- Local family to appear on 'Makeover' TV show
- It's a family tradition