The new 2013-14 school year has four new members joining Piedmont Academy’s faculty.
Piedmont Academy’s middle school and varsity cheer squads recently held cheerleading camp.
A Covington graduate recently finished an internship in Washington, D.C.
Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale County for Aug. 20, 2013
Rockdale County Parks and Recreation’s therapeutic recreation held a crafts event.
Several years ago, astronomers announced the discovery of a new planet. It is named Gliese 581 and orbits its sun 20 light years away. Of the 200 or so planets outside our solar system it is the smallest; however, every discovery like this adds to the wonder of the universe.
High school bands spend summer preparing for season
The band members from Alcovy, Eastside and Newton high schools have spent the end of their summer break preparing for the upcoming season.
Health inspections for Newton, Rockdale counties for July 30, 2013
For most of your life, you’ve had a good relationship with God.
The way she was was a long way from what she became. I can’t help thinking about how life veers so far away from the beginning of the journey and how the destination can vary drastically from where it all started.
Scout troop backpacks through N.M. mountains
On a rainy day, Sam Carter summited the 11,000-foot Black Mountain with a full backpack. He carried his sleeping bag, two tents, six liters of water, food, first aid kit, bear rope, mess kit and two days worth of trash.
Moves2Inspire Fitness Center offers Zumba, self-defense, hip hop
Making her clients physically fit isn’t the only goal for Cherisse Atwater with her new business Move2Inspire. The mother of three also wants to help her clients strengthen their inner selves.
If you need to restart your New Year’s resolution to eat healthy, now is a good time.
You looked everywhere. Why is it that when you put something away for safekeeping, it ends up being safe — from you? Why is it that you always find whatever you’re looking for in the last possible place you’d think to look?
There’s nothing glamorous about being a farmer, nothing charming, little endearing and certainly few things easy about it. It is either a calling or a curse, depending on how one looks at it. Some are born into it and some just can’t find a way to escape it for it’s all they’ve ever known.
- Church Calendar
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Pastors must maintain delicate balance of leader, friend
- Lunch lectures focus on American history, God
- Rockdale/Newton Church Activities
- Cornish Mt. Baptist hosts Ham and Egg Supper
- Calvary Baptist to hold Revival
- Newton Baptist hosts gospel singing
- Covington 1st UMC hosts Dave Ramsey class
- Pleasant Hill CME hosts 140th anniversary celebration
- Gateway Community hosts showing of movie "Courageous"
- Ellen's Oscar 'selfie' crashes Twitter, breaks record
- OSCAR WRAPUP: '12 Years A Slave' makes history with best picture
- Pale metallics, bold jewel tones dominate Oscars Red Carpet
- Paula Deen continues comeback
- Shirley Temple Black, beloved childhood star and former ambassador, dies at age 85
- Shirley Temple Black, beloved childhood star and former ambassador, dies at age 85 (Photo Gallery)
- Hollywood kicks off 2014 awards season with Golden Globes
- Cory Monteith, star of hit show 'Glee,' found dead
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dead In Italy
- VIDEO: Dashboard camera of Reese Witherspoon's Atlanta arrest
- State House designates ‘Kindness Week’ in Georgia
- Annual father-daughter ball is 'Puttin' On The Ritz'
- NORAD Santa trackers have record holiday
- Poll: Santa Claus believers’ parents had faith in him
- 'Nutcracker' ballet takes the stage in Covington
- Trick-or-treaters invited to Covington Square, Olde Town Conyers
- Local family to appear on 'Makeover' TV show
- It's a family tradition