Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for April 30, 2013.
Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish. I'm a Southern girl and what Southern gal doesn't love a good piece of fried chicken or some hot homemade biscuits?
Several months ago, an article by M. Craig Barnes in The Christian Century caused a stir when he asserted that it is impossible for pastors to befriend parishioners.
Chicago native David Roth has been playing his "James Taylor meets Will Rogers" style of inspirational acoustic music for nearly three decades, and even though he performs in excess of 100 concerts a year, he rarely takes the stage with a set list.
Boys and Girls Club names essay winners
Logan Gay will celebrate his 12th birthday on Dec. 12.
Hightower Trail Elementary — Honor Roll
William Mason Strickland was born on Nov. 1 at Athens Regional Hospital, weighing 6 pounds, 3 ounces and measuring 19.5 inches long.
Social Circle woman wins Rummikub Online World Championship, places third in international board game contest
Though Karen Aiello only started playing Rummikub two years ago, she is already at the top of her game. The Social Circle resident recently won the Online World Championship in Rummikub, a game that is similar to the card game Rummy, and she estimated she competed against tens of thousands of players for the title.
1st birthday. Maesyn Floyd celebrated her first birthday on Nov. 1. She is the daughter of Michelle and Tony Floyd II of Social Circle. Her maternal grandparents are Lisa and Jack Phillips of Mansfield, Craig and Christy Serra of Pennsylvania and Ronnie Brock of Covington. Her paternal grandparents are Tony
Citizen staff photographer Sue Ann Kuhn-Smith visited Southern Belle Farm in McDonough to capture these images of the farm's pumpkin patch and grounds. In addition to the pumpkin patch, Southern Belle, a fully operational farm, offers visitors hayrides, corn maze, farm animals, cow train rides, piglet races, giant slide
Restaurant health reports for Newton and Rockdale counties.
It's difficult to pin down Darrell Huckaby -- noted author, syndicated newspaper columnist, humorist and longtime history teacher -- on his favorite historical period.. "For a long time I was really interested in the War Between the States," Huckaby said. "Now I'm very interested in the Civil Rights movement
Restaurant health inspections for June 26.
The Newton County and Rockdale County restaurant inspections for May 22.
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Pastors must maintain delicate balance of leader, friend
- Lunch lectures focus on American history, God
- Rockdale/Newton Church Activities
- Cornish Mt. Baptist hosts Ham and Egg Supper
- Calvary Baptist to hold Revival
- Newton Baptist hosts gospel singing
- Covington 1st UMC hosts Dave Ramsey class
- Pleasant Hill CME hosts 140th anniversary celebration
- Gateway Community hosts showing of movie "Courageous"
- Loves and Hugs offer New Year’s Eve Service
- VIDEO: Dashboard camera of Reese Witherspoon's Atlanta arrest
- Grammy voters spread love all around
- Golden Globes: 'Les Miserables' 'Argo' and 'Girls' win big
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'This Means War' takes aim at charming Rom-Com, but misses mark
- FILM FANS: 3-D not needed for 'Star Wars: Episode I'
- DISC SPOTLIGHT: 'Woody Allen: A Documentary'
- MOVIE REVIEW: ‘Separation’ unique look at Iran, but audiences may be lost in translation
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Borrowers' tale 'Arrietty' has warm charm
- Adele top winner with 6 Grammys
- Grammys honor Houston, celebrate 'fallen sister'
- State House designates ‘Kindness Week’ in Georgia
- Annual father-daughter ball is 'Puttin' On The Ritz'
- NORAD Santa trackers have record holiday
- Poll: Santa Claus believers’ parents had faith in him
- 'Nutcracker' ballet takes the stage in Covington
- Trick-or-treaters invited to Covington Square, Olde Town Conyers
- Local family to appear on 'Makeover' TV show
- It's a family tradition