It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas and at Kelly Richard’s house, it has begun to smell like Christmas, too.
We all have a certain dish that makes us smile from the inside out when the holidays appear. Maybe it's the turkey you just ate. Or maybe it is your mom's homemade fudge. For me, it is Black Forest cake.. My grandparents used to make Black Forest cake every holiday
You can’t have Thanksgiving dinner without turkey. And you certainly can’t have Thanksgiving dinner and turkey without the sweet potato casserole either.
There is a first time for everything, and this was the year I tried my hand at cooking a turkey -- not a whole turkey, it was a turkey breast. But nonetheless, it was a turkey.
The Recipe Box - Caramel heath dip
You may not think it is quite time to make a chicken casserole, and if so, that is fine. But I'd save this recipe if I were you, and use it at a later date.. A lady who I call my second mom, Patricia Richardson, gave this recipe to me
The Recipe Box -- Firecrackers
The Recipe Box
Refried beans -- most people love them or hate them. They used to not be something I'd even touch. That is, until one day someone showed me how to mix in salsa while heating up the refried beans and it opened my taste buds to refried beans.
I've heard all kinds of tips on how not to cry while cutting an onion -- make sure the onion is cold first; cut the onion at a certain angle; wear sunglasses while cutting the onion.
Are you tired of just eating plain old macaroni and cheese? If so, you might want to stir up this cheesy version of mac-n-cheese.
This recipe -- Veg-All pockets -- was created on a whim.
If you love s'mores, then you'll probably want some of this trail mix. Originally the recipe had raisins and peanuts, but Patricia Richardson, a lady who is also known as a second mother to me, changed up the recipe a couple of years ago.
What is fruity, creamy, sweet (but not too sweet) and has a graham cracker crust? A freedom parfait.
Besides a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, nothing says summer to me like a Hawaiian sandwich.
- Estes-Allen wedding
- Fahey-Harrison Wedding
- Pittman-Laughery Wedding
- Worm-Campbell Wedding
- Sartin-Huiet Wedding
- Wilbanks-Bennett Wedding
- Dunn-Hagan Wedding
- Barr-Shy Wedding
- Bridges Washington Wedding
- Corley-Allen Wedding
- Local to compete for Mrs. Georgia title
- Service Guild of Covington wins awards for community involvement
- SCRAPBOOK: The Conyers Garden Club awards the Yard of the Month for March
- SCRAPBOOK: Kiwanis donates to Special Olympics
- Scrapbook: Rotary Club celebrates 75 years
- Scrapbook: YOM for January
- New officers elected for FOL
- Rockdale County High School Class of 1963 reunion
- Conyers Garden Club learns about bees and pollination
- Conyers Garden club competes in Yellow Daisy Flower Show
- JULIE WELLS: Celebrate Jesus all year long, not just at Easter
- ORRIN MORRIS: Love-in-a-mist displays buds, blooms, seed cases at the same time
- JAMES BEHRENS: Appreciate miracle of daily life through Jesus' love
- TONY ELDER: As Christians, we can look forward to resurrected spirits
- Victorious Life Church 'Messiah' drama a calling for congregation
- JOHN PEARRELL: Examine facts that support the Resurrection
- JOE LAGUARDIA: In Jesus' time, some failed to grasp the importance of His crucifixion
- JAMES BEHRENS: Joseph reminds us we are not in control, but part of God's bigger plan
- JOE LAGUARDIA: 'Jesus Better than Imagined' is a profound, honest, moving book
- JULIE WELLS: Perceived weakness can by your greatest strength