There is a first time for everything, and this was the year I tried my hand at cooking a turkey -- not a whole turkey, it was a turkey breast. But nonetheless, it was a turkey.
The Recipe Box - Caramel heath dip
You may not think it is quite time to make a chicken casserole, and if so, that is fine. But I'd save this recipe if I were you, and use it at a later date.. A lady who I call my second mom, Patricia Richardson, gave this recipe to me
The Recipe Box -- Firecrackers
The Recipe Box
Refried beans -- most people love them or hate them. They used to not be something I'd even touch. That is, until one day someone showed me how to mix in salsa while heating up the refried beans and it opened my taste buds to refried beans.
I've heard all kinds of tips on how not to cry while cutting an onion -- make sure the onion is cold first; cut the onion at a certain angle; wear sunglasses while cutting the onion.
Are you tired of just eating plain old macaroni and cheese? If so, you might want to stir up this cheesy version of mac-n-cheese.
This recipe -- Veg-All pockets -- was created on a whim.
If you love s'mores, then you'll probably want some of this trail mix. Originally the recipe had raisins and peanuts, but Patricia Richardson, a lady who is also known as a second mother to me, changed up the recipe a couple of years ago.
What is fruity, creamy, sweet (but not too sweet) and has a graham cracker crust? A freedom parfait.
Besides a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, nothing says summer to me like a Hawaiian sandwich.
German chocolate cake. Caramel candies. Milk chocolate chips. Are you drooling yet? All of those ingredients and a few more are what make up this week's featured recipe -- caramel brownies.
Former Indiana, Pa., resident Kelly Dinatti, who now resides in Covington, brought a little taste of Northern memories to this Southern part of the world when she let me have her strawberry pie recipe.
I'm not going to lie, this was truly an experimental recipe. My husband Kevin and I enjoyed it and won't hesitate to have it again. So, I thought I'd share it with you.
- Estes-Allen wedding
- Fahey-Harrison Wedding
- Pittman-Laughery Wedding
- Worm-Campbell Wedding
- Sartin-Huiet Wedding
- Wilbanks-Bennett Wedding
- Dunn-Hagan Wedding
- Barr-Shy Wedding
- Bridges Washington Wedding
- Corley-Allen Wedding
- Scrapbook: Rotary Club celebrates 75 years
- Scrapbook: YOM for January
- New officers elected for FOL
- Rockdale County High School Class of 1963 reunion
- Conyers Garden Club learns about bees and pollination
- Conyers Garden club competes in Yellow Daisy Flower Show
- Anaida Pabon turns 100 years old
- Cadets launch rockets from the Covington Municipal Airport
- Kaitlyn Cole named Miss GA Jr Preteen
- Pilot Club of Conyers names Sweetheart for 2013
- JOHN PEARRELL: People make Christianity more complicated with rules, demands
- JULIE WELLS: There is great 'Joy' in watching daughter fulfill God's plan
- TONY ELDER: Jesus saves us from our sinful selves
- ORRIN MORRIS: Ruellia could take root under hedges next to home
- Central Community Church hosts conference for mothers
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Modern TV shows provide cautionary tales, much like parables
- JAMES BEHRENS: Jesus reminds us that life is not problem-free
- JULIE WELLS: Praise Jesus daily with your words and actions
- JOHN PEARRELL: Read Genesis carefully before dismissing the creation story
- Fundraiser benefits ministry assisting those in crisis, transition