This week's recipe box is dedicated to a person who has devoted many years to Rockdale County -- Rockdale County Sheriff Jeff Wigington.. The recipe is called onion dip, and a little birdie told me that anytime the local sheriff's association meets or anytime any of the ladies in the
I did it, I finally did it. I finally got brave enough to throw a bunch of ingredients into the Crock-Pot to see what happens.
You might not want to whip up a batch of these s'mores bars this week because of Halloween and all of the candy around the house. But do yourself a favor, and make this s'mores bars recipe during the holidays, which are just around the corner.
My husband Kevin and I were discussing what we needed to bring to the church chili cook-off. We were signed up to bring side items, but much to my surprise, Kevin wanted to make a chili to enter into the cook-off.
If I ever had dreams of having my own cooking show on television, which I haven't, ever, but if I did, I shot that chance out of the water this week.
Most folks either love deviled eggs or hate them.My friend Kelly Richard makes deviled eggs like nobody's business and my husband Kevin probably could eat a whole dozen by himself.
Last week I shared with you a buffalo chicken dip, prepared for a football kickoff party we had here at the Citizen.
We had our own little football kickoff party here at the Citizen office last Friday.
My sister-in-law Stacy Ingram, who is from Macon, gave Janie, my mother-in-law, a recipe book written by Mark Ballard, who is an author, artist and entertainer.
As far back as I can recall, Patricia Richardson, who is a mother-figure in my life, has made me a chocolate eclair cake my birthday every year.
Mushrooms are not on my top 10 list of favorite foods, but if mushrooms please your palate, then you might enjoy this week's featured recipe -- toasted mushroom sandwiches.
Before our daughter Joy came into the world, it's safe to say I did most of the cooking and my husband Kevin did most of the cleaning in the kitchen. That is just how we do it our house. Kevin just happens to be "cool," if you will, in
The Recipe Box — Cinnamon waffles
The Recipe Box — Pasta salad
The Recipe Box — Sparkling raspberry lemonade
- EUGENE ROBINSON: The long shadow of racism
- JULIE WELLS: Move past your problems and find Jesus
- Estes-Allen wedding
- Fahey-Harrison Wedding
- Pittman-Laughery Wedding
- Worm-Campbell Wedding
- Sartin-Huiet Wedding
- Wilbanks-Bennett Wedding
- Dunn-Hagan Wedding
- Barr-Shy Wedding
- SCRAPBOOK: Lake Capri Woman's Club hosts religion columnist has its March meeting
- SCRAPBOOK: Conyers Garden Club awards yard of the month for March
- SCRAPBOOK: Susan Turner demonstrated uses for strawberry jars to Garden Club
- SCRAPBOOK: Friends of the Library elect new officers
- SCRAPBOOK: Garden Club awards yard of the month for January
- SCRAPBOOK: XYZ Organization installs new officers for 2015
- SCRAPBOOK: Colonial Dames chapter names Kenneth Tucker as the Outstanding American History Teacher
- SCRAPBOOK: Monies raised from the Be Rich Campaign benefit Newton County Crisis Pregnancy Center
- SCRAPBOOK: Garden Club awards yard of the month for August
- SCRAPBOOK: United Day Program hosts annual basketball and cheerleading tournaments
- JOHN PEARRELL: Don’t try to bend God to your will
- JAMES BEHRENS: Nothing every truly dies under the power of God
- JULIE WELLS: Find your identity in Jesus Christ
- Bishop Frank Nolden appointed to head up the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Conyers’ congregation
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Learning to delegate can lead to a fuller life with God
- ORRIN MORRIS: Dame’s rocket derives name from pointed arrangement of blooms
- JOE LAGUARDIA: It’s not enough to believe in God — you must trust him, too
- JOHN PEARRELL: Jesus’ resurrection makes Him the one true religious leader
- Pastor Steve Powers will return to home state of Tennessee after retirement
- ORRIN MORRIS: Pink lady's slipper a member of the orchid family