You can’t have Thanksgiving dinner without turkey. And you certainly can’t have Thanksgiving dinner and turkey without the sweet potato casserole either.
There is a first time for everything, and this was the year I tried my hand at cooking a turkey -- not a whole turkey, it was a turkey breast. But nonetheless, it was a turkey.
The Recipe Box - Caramel heath dip
You may not think it is quite time to make a chicken casserole, and if so, that is fine. But I'd save this recipe if I were you, and use it at a later date.. A lady who I call my second mom, Patricia Richardson, gave this recipe to me
The Recipe Box -- Firecrackers
The Recipe Box
Refried beans -- most people love them or hate them. They used to not be something I'd even touch. That is, until one day someone showed me how to mix in salsa while heating up the refried beans and it opened my taste buds to refried beans.
I've heard all kinds of tips on how not to cry while cutting an onion -- make sure the onion is cold first; cut the onion at a certain angle; wear sunglasses while cutting the onion.
Are you tired of just eating plain old macaroni and cheese? If so, you might want to stir up this cheesy version of mac-n-cheese.
This recipe -- Veg-All pockets -- was created on a whim.
If you love s'mores, then you'll probably want some of this trail mix. Originally the recipe had raisins and peanuts, but Patricia Richardson, a lady who is also known as a second mother to me, changed up the recipe a couple of years ago.
What is fruity, creamy, sweet (but not too sweet) and has a graham cracker crust? A freedom parfait.
Besides a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, nothing says summer to me like a Hawaiian sandwich.
German chocolate cake. Caramel candies. Milk chocolate chips. Are you drooling yet? All of those ingredients and a few more are what make up this week's featured recipe -- caramel brownies.
Former Indiana, Pa., resident Kelly Dinatti, who now resides in Covington, brought a little taste of Northern memories to this Southern part of the world when she let me have her strawberry pie recipe.
- Wilbanks-Bennett Wedding
- Dunn-Hagan Wedding
- Barr-Shy Wedding
- Bridges Washington Wedding
- Corley-Allen Wedding
- Hull-Harper Wedding
- Burdell - Wolfe Wedding
- Leissa-George Wedding
- Brown-Darty Wedding
- Nichols-Harris Wedding
- Piedmont Academy class raises butterflies
- Conyers Pilot Club hosts fashion show for charity
- Honey Creek names Good Citizens for May
- Junior Master Gardeners looking for new members
- Bryce Johnson Birth
- Yard of the month for April
- Conyers Garden Club
- Scrapbook: Huckaby chosen as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013
- March Yard of the Month
- Man speaks about Army service to NSDAR
- Church Calendar
- JOE LAGUARDIA: We can show our devotion to God in many ways
- Local gospel choir welcomes nationally known Louisiana pastor
- JAMES BEHRENS: God has not abandoned us, He shines through our service to each other
- TONY ELDER: Christ should be our most important focus
- JOHN PEARRELL: Those who consider themselves the body of Christ need to act more like it
- ORRIN MORRIS: Greenbrier vines a metaphor for our own entangled lives
- TONY ELDER: If we work together, we can aspire to greater spiritual heights
- ORRIN MORRIS: Make pies, jellies, wine with elderberry
- Gospel musical encourages audiences to find hope in God