May I have seconds please?. That was the question I heard when it came to eating Betty Jean Brown's coffee cake.
Coffee cake. Start to finish: about 1 hour. One box of Duncan Hines yellow cake mix. One box of Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding. One box of Jell-O Instant Butterscotch Pudding. Four eggs. 1 cup of oil. 1 cup of water. Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly.
This week's featured recipe is Tater Tot casserole, and whoever came up with the original version of this dish sure did make my husband happy.
One of the first meals I cooked for my husband Kevin was shepherd's pie.
Before you completely turn the page or turn your nose up at this week's recipe -- Snickers salad -- just try it first. If you don't like it, you'll never have to eat it again.Sounds a little something like what your mom would say, doesn't it?
Ambrosia salad -- it seems to me that this is one of those dishes people either like or they don't. I've not met too many people who are in-between about it.. Some time last year I shared my version of an ambrosia salad and it is my favorite but
Just thinking about having a slice of cheesecake makes my mouth water. I’ve always been a huge fan of cheesecake. I’ve tried all kinds of cheesecake — chocolate, turtle cheesecake and I’ve even had a key lime pie cheesecake.
I'm not sure what could say Valentine's Day more than a homemade red velvet cake, and today's recipe happens to come from a lady who is just as sweet as her mother's recipe for a made-from-scratch cake.. Conyers resident Betty Jean Brown submitted her recipe via her co
Chicken cream cheese dip is this week's featured recipe. Stacy got the recipe from her friend Gloria, who I hear is quite the cook. Stacy also noted that Gloria and her family have this appetizer on their sailboat so you know the recipe has to be easy and not messy
Some of you might get a kick out of this week's column. I know I've laughed about it all week.. I learned a few lessons from cooking this recipe, Crock-Pot Hawaiian chicken.. Here's my No. 1 tip -- Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.. I had seen
While hanging out with the in-laws and watching some college football one Saturday afternoon not too long ago, my mother-in-law Janie stirred up a delicious pot of vegetable chowder for all of us to eat.
The memories behind this week's featured recipe are just as sweet as the syrup that covers this homemade French toast recipe.. As a child, it used to amaze me how my grandmother would whip loaf bread into golden delicious squares of french toast, lightly sprinkled with powered sugar and drizzled with hot syrup.
Today, we honor some of Santa's helpers by making this Christmas treat -- reindeer cupcakes.I can't remember where in the world I first saw the recipe for reindeer cupcakes. It may have been online or in a magazine. Either way, the recipe has stayed in my memory long enough for
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas and at Kelly Richard’s house, it has begun to smell like Christmas, too.
We all have a certain dish that makes us smile from the inside out when the holidays appear. Maybe it's the turkey you just ate. Or maybe it is your mom's homemade fudge. For me, it is Black Forest cake.. My grandparents used to make Black Forest cake every holiday
- Wilbanks-Bennett Wedding
- Dunn-Hagan Wedding
- Barr-Shy Wedding
- Bridges Washington Wedding
- Corley-Allen Wedding
- Hull-Harper Wedding
- Burdell - Wolfe Wedding
- Leissa-George Wedding
- Brown-Darty Wedding
- Nichols-Harris Wedding
- Piedmont Academy class raises butterflies
- Conyers Pilot Club hosts fashion show for charity
- Honey Creek names Good Citizens for May
- Junior Master Gardeners looking for new members
- Bryce Johnson Birth
- Yard of the month for April
- Conyers Garden Club
- Scrapbook: Huckaby chosen as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013
- March Yard of the Month
- Man speaks about Army service to NSDAR
- Church Calendar
- JOE LAGUARDIA: We can show our devotion to God in many ways
- Local gospel choir welcomes nationally known Louisiana pastor
- JAMES BEHRENS: God has not abandoned us, He shines through our service to each other
- TONY ELDER: Christ should be our most important focus
- JOHN PEARRELL: Those who consider themselves the body of Christ need to act more like it
- ORRIN MORRIS: Greenbrier vines a metaphor for our own entangled lives
- TONY ELDER: If we work together, we can aspire to greater spiritual heights
- ORRIN MORRIS: Make pies, jellies, wine with elderberry
- Gospel musical encourages audiences to find hope in God