My husband Kevin and I were discussing what we needed to bring to the church chili cook-off. We were signed up to bring side items, but much to my surprise, Kevin wanted to make a chili to enter into the cook-off.
If I ever had dreams of having my own cooking show on television, which I haven't, ever, but if I did, I shot that chance out of the water this week.
Most folks either love deviled eggs or hate them.My friend Kelly Richard makes deviled eggs like nobody's business and my husband Kevin probably could eat a whole dozen by himself.
Last week I shared with you a buffalo chicken dip, prepared for a football kickoff party we had here at the Citizen.
We had our own little football kickoff party here at the Citizen office last Friday.
My sister-in-law Stacy Ingram, who is from Macon, gave Janie, my mother-in-law, a recipe book written by Mark Ballard, who is an author, artist and entertainer.
As far back as I can recall, Patricia Richardson, who is a mother-figure in my life, has made me a chocolate eclair cake my birthday every year.
Mushrooms are not on my top 10 list of favorite foods, but if mushrooms please your palate, then you might enjoy this week's featured recipe -- toasted mushroom sandwiches.
Before our daughter Joy came into the world, it's safe to say I did most of the cooking and my husband Kevin did most of the cleaning in the kitchen. That is just how we do it our house. Kevin just happens to be "cool," if you will, in
The Recipe Box — Cinnamon waffles
The Recipe Box — Pasta salad
The Recipe Box — Sparkling raspberry lemonade
The Recipe Box- Freedom dessert
You have probably noticed the term "gluten-free" listed on all sorts of products in the grocery store lately. I've even started noticing some restaurants serving gluten-free dishes. Most people assume that if someone is on a gluten-free diet, he has a wheat allergy.. I know several folks
The Recipe Box -- Broccoli chicken alfredo pasta
- Estes-Allen wedding
- Fahey-Harrison Wedding
- Pittman-Laughery Wedding
- Worm-Campbell Wedding
- Sartin-Huiet Wedding
- Wilbanks-Bennett Wedding
- Dunn-Hagan Wedding
- Barr-Shy Wedding
- Bridges Washington Wedding
- Corley-Allen Wedding
- SCRAPBOOK: United Day Program hosts annual basketball and cheerleading tournaments
- Local to compete for Mrs. Georgia title
- Service Guild of Covington wins awards for community involvement
- SCRAPBOOK: The Conyers Garden Club awards the Yard of the Month for March
- SCRAPBOOK: Kiwanis donates to Special Olympics
- Scrapbook: Rotary Club celebrates 75 years
- Scrapbook: YOM for January
- New officers elected for FOL
- Rockdale County High School Class of 1963 reunion
- Conyers Garden Club learns about bees and pollination
- JAMES BEHRENS: God expects our conversations with Him to be fraught with contradictions, dilemmas
- ORRIN MORRIS: Sun-loving stiff verbena thrives in hot, dry conditions
- JOHN PEARRELL: Don’t let tradition stand in the way of your relationship with God
- Former lawyer to serve as pastor for St. Simon’s Episcopal Church in Conyers
- JULIE WELLS: Camp meeting reminds us to worship together in one accord
- BRANDON STANLEY: Be eager to talk to God about your spiritual accomplishments
- TONY ELDER: Both good and bad actions can have more of an impact than you realize
- JULIE WELLS: Avoid being distracted from worshipping Jesus
- JAMES BEHRENS: In this brief life, maybe all that matters is kindness
- ORRIN MORRIS: Though beautiful, dwarf dandelion can be a scourge for gardeners, farmers