My husband Kevin and I were discussing what we needed to bring to the church chili cook-off. We were signed up to bring side items, but much to my surprise, Kevin wanted to make a chili to enter into the cook-off.
If I ever had dreams of having my own cooking show on television, which I haven't, ever, but if I did, I shot that chance out of the water this week.
Most folks either love deviled eggs or hate them.My friend Kelly Richard makes deviled eggs like nobody's business and my husband Kevin probably could eat a whole dozen by himself.
Last week I shared with you a buffalo chicken dip, prepared for a football kickoff party we had here at the Citizen.
We had our own little football kickoff party here at the Citizen office last Friday.
My sister-in-law Stacy Ingram, who is from Macon, gave Janie, my mother-in-law, a recipe book written by Mark Ballard, who is an author, artist and entertainer.
As far back as I can recall, Patricia Richardson, who is a mother-figure in my life, has made me a chocolate eclair cake my birthday every year.
Mushrooms are not on my top 10 list of favorite foods, but if mushrooms please your palate, then you might enjoy this week's featured recipe -- toasted mushroom sandwiches.
Before our daughter Joy came into the world, it's safe to say I did most of the cooking and my husband Kevin did most of the cleaning in the kitchen. That is just how we do it our house. Kevin just happens to be "cool," if you will, in
The Recipe Box — Cinnamon waffles
The Recipe Box — Pasta salad
The Recipe Box — Sparkling raspberry lemonade
The Recipe Box- Freedom dessert
You have probably noticed the term "gluten-free" listed on all sorts of products in the grocery store lately. I've even started noticing some restaurants serving gluten-free dishes. Most people assume that if someone is on a gluten-free diet, he has a wheat allergy.. I know several folks
The Recipe Box -- Broccoli chicken alfredo pasta
- Estes-Allen wedding
- Fahey-Harrison Wedding
- Pittman-Laughery Wedding
- Worm-Campbell Wedding
- Sartin-Huiet Wedding
- Wilbanks-Bennett Wedding
- Dunn-Hagan Wedding
- Barr-Shy Wedding
- Bridges Washington Wedding
- Corley-Allen Wedding
- SCRAPBOOK: Garden Club awards yard of the month for August
- SCRAPBOOK: United Day Program hosts annual basketball and cheerleading tournaments
- Local to compete for Mrs. Georgia title
- Service Guild of Covington wins awards for community involvement
- SCRAPBOOK: The Conyers Garden Club awards the Yard of the Month for March
- SCRAPBOOK: Kiwanis donates to Special Olympics
- Scrapbook: Rotary Club celebrates 75 years
- Scrapbook: YOM for January
- New officers elected for FOL
- Rockdale County High School Class of 1963 reunion
- TONY ELDER: Accept God’s all-wise counsel to prevent headaches down the road
- JOHN PEARRELL: Only God decides on mercy, or punishment, for people
- JAMES BEHRENS: Technology offers us new ways to communicate the power of God
- JULIE WELLS: God performed amazing work at former church
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Caring for others doesn’t come naturally, it must be taught
- ORRIN MORRIS: Buttonweed blooms from May until first frost
- Gospel play ‘Oh My Child’ tackles forgiveness, finding God
- JAMES BEHRENS: Try to deepen your passions, savour God as you grow older
- ORRIN MORRIS: Deptford pink withers in hot, dry conditions
- Eastridge Community Church honored for work with foster children