Did you know that grapes are made up of about 80 percent water?
Spinach lasagna rolls well worth the prep time. Popeye might have been a fan of eating spinach, but I'm not.
Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish. I'm a Southern girl and what Southern gal doesn't love a good piece of fried chicken or some hot homemade biscuits?
Two things have been rising lately -- the daily pollen count and the outdoor temperatures. When the warmer weather arrives, there is nothing like having a cool drink for the hot and humid Georgia days.
"Delicious," by Mark Ballard, is a collection of recipes from Mark's family and friends, and even some famous people he knows. The cook book contains items such as Nancy Grace's taco soup and Barbara Dooley's koosa, or stuffed squash.
If you have read any of my food columns, then you know I love a good story to go along with a good recipe. Well I've hit the jackpot with this week's recipe -- Resurrection rolls, or some may know this recipe as empty tombs.
Swiss steak and rice, this week's featured recipe, has become one of my favorite dishes not only to make, but to eat as well.. My mother-in-law Janie Wells introduced this meal to me a while back. She gave my a copy of the recipe and I've not really
My husband, Kevin, stumbled upon a website that has recipes with just two ingredients for each recipe.
It is said that oatmeal is really good for you.
Everyone needs several pasta recipes for their recipe box, so here is one more.
A couple of readers have emailed me and said they tried the meatloaf recipe we ran a couple of weeks ago and they liked it.
As a child, my grandmother had to force me to eat meatloaf.
This week's recipe box is dedicated to a person who has devoted many years to Rockdale County -- Rockdale County Sheriff Jeff Wigington.. The recipe is called onion dip, and a little birdie told me that anytime the local sheriff's association meets or anytime any of the ladies in the
I did it, I finally did it. I finally got brave enough to throw a bunch of ingredients into the Crock-Pot to see what happens.
You might not want to whip up a batch of these s'mores bars this week because of Halloween and all of the candy around the house. But do yourself a favor, and make this s'mores bars recipe during the holidays, which are just around the corner.
- Estes-Allen wedding
- Fahey-Harrison Wedding
- Pittman-Laughery Wedding
- Worm-Campbell Wedding
- Sartin-Huiet Wedding
- Wilbanks-Bennett Wedding
- Dunn-Hagan Wedding
- Barr-Shy Wedding
- Bridges Washington Wedding
- Corley-Allen Wedding
- SCRAPBOOK: United Day Program hosts annual basketball and cheerleading tournaments
- Local to compete for Mrs. Georgia title
- Service Guild of Covington wins awards for community involvement
- SCRAPBOOK: The Conyers Garden Club awards the Yard of the Month for March
- SCRAPBOOK: Kiwanis donates to Special Olympics
- Scrapbook: Rotary Club celebrates 75 years
- Scrapbook: YOM for January
- New officers elected for FOL
- Rockdale County High School Class of 1963 reunion
- Conyers Garden Club learns about bees and pollination
- JAMES BEHRENS: God expects our conversations with Him to be fraught with contradictions, dilemmas
- ORRIN MORRIS: Sun-loving stiff verbena thrives in hot, dry conditions
- JOHN PEARRELL: Don't let tradition stand in the way of your relationship with God
- Former lawyer to serve as pastor for St. Simon's Episcopal Church in Conyers
- JULIE WELLS: Camp meeting reminds us to worship together in one accord
- BRANDON STANLEY: Be eager to talk to God about your spiritual accomplishments
- TONY ELDER: Both good and bad actions can have more of an impact than you realize
- JULIE WELLS: Avoid being distracted from worshipping Jesus
- JAMES BEHRENS: In this brief life, maybe all that matters is kindness
- ORRIN MORRIS: Though beautiful, dwarf dandelion can be a scourge for gardeners, farmers