The Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month for March has been awarded to Henry and Dot Hine, located at 2706 Harvest Drive.
Capt. Josh Darnell recently spoke about his U.S. Army service in Afghanistan at the March meeting of the Colonel John McIntosh Chapter, NSDAR.
Pictured here are Harold and Iva Danforth, trying on their outfits for the Pilot Club of Conyers second annual Fashion Show and Extravaganza on April 20.
Westbury Health & Rehabilitation held its annual pageant titled "Sweethearts of Westbury" on March 14.
The Mary Brown Tinkham Chapter, Colonial Dames 17th Century, recently met at the Honey Creek Golf and Country Club. Educator, Citizen newspaper columnist and humorist Darrell Huckaby was an honored guest.
The Conyers Garden Club speaker for February was Betty Thompson, shown here at left along with club member Pat Bryan.
Rockdale County Special Olympic teams recently participated in the State Indoor Winter Special Olympics Games in Cobb County, which included basketball, bowling, floor hockey, roller skating, power lifting and gymnastics.
In December, Kiwanis Club of Conyers members shopped and bought gifts for 17 families at Sims Elementary School.
Garden Club holds fundraiser
XYZ Organization installs new officers
Hightower Trail Elementary School sponsored its annual Gift of Loving Tree in which parents, students and business partners chose a gift listed on a tree ornament and purchased and wrapped the gift for a family in need at the school.
Rotary Club of Conyers members were recognized for their contributions to Rotary programs and received the Paul Harris Society award, which is named after the founder of Rotary.
Local scoutmaster honored for 40 years as leader
Rockdale 4-H place at Cotton Boll competition
Hodge donates hair to Locks for Love
- ANNIVERSARY: Tom and Patricia Abbott 50th anniversary
- ANNIVERSARY: Tommy and Sue Bowers celebrate their 67th anniversary
- Conyers couple celebrates 75th wedding anniversary
- Couple celebrates 60 years of wedded bliss
- Coggins 70th anniversary
- Whitney 60th anniversary
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Roasted peaches simply another way to enjoy delicious fruit
- THE RECIPE BOX: Top banana bread bars with icing for a moist, sweet treat
- THE RECIPE BOX: Caprese salads easy to make, great for summer
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use cooked, deviened shrimp for easy scampi dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Classic French dish, Chicken cordon blue, can be made Southern way
- THE RECIPE BOX: Salisbury steak a savory, hearty main dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Creamy, sweet banana split fluff salad perfect for summer dessert
- THE RECIPE BOX: Tender summer potatoes a seasonal favorite
- THE RECIPE BOX: Enjoy the flavor of hot wings without the mess
- THE RECIPE BOX: Prepare carrot and raisin salad as a summer side dish
- ORRIN MORRIS: Add flavor to iced tea with crushed horsemint leaves
- JULIE WELLS: Seek refuge in God's Word, the Bible
- TONY ELDER: Make amends for wrongdoings instead of blaming others
- Rock Temple AME pastor says, 'We give Him all the praise' | PHOTOS
- One can sample from a smorgasbord of religions in New Jersey town
- Joe LaGuardia column
- JOHN PEARRELL: Primary reason for choosing atheism is to justify wrong actions
- ORRIN MORRIS: Climbing milkweed offers fragrant flowers for people, food for deer and livestock
- Born and raised in metro Atlanta, Father Greg Goolsby built career as lawyer before becoming priest
- Expectations for pastors can sometimes be unrealistic