Westbury Health & Rehabilitation residents, from left, Mercer Conyers, Lillie McIntosh, and Kelly Smith, along with volunteer Mia Collado are shown in front of the Angel Tree.
Pilot Club gives out awards
RMC Auxiliary board name board members for the 2012-2013 year.
The Conyers Garden Club presented Gary and Bonnie DuPree of Country Lane Way with the club's Landscape Design Award for the month of September.
Janice Olejnik, director of the Refuge Pregnancy Center, at right, recently accepted, on behalf of the center, approximately 40 baby bottles filled with money from 7-year-old Brianna Manuel. Brianna collected the money from church members at her church, City of David Covenant Church in Conyers.
Covington First United Methodist Church members Rachel Fisher and her daughter Madeline are pictured here with the pumpkin they choose from last year's FUMC Pumpkin Patch.
Conyers resident Jessica Thornhill, 10, is pictured here is with Gov. Nathan Deal.
An unidentified group of people gathers to pray for the school year at the Community on Our Knees event, sponsored by the Covington First United Methodist Church and held on the Square in Covington.
Alice Gadson, and her husband Benjamin, not pictured, of 2997 Parkmore Drive, were the recipients of the Conyers Garden Club August Yard of the Month recipient Yard of the Month for August award.
Members of the Kiwanis Club of Conyers recently collected and donated boxes of cereal to the Rockdale Emergency Relief Food Bank.
The Celebrate Recovery Team at Living Way Worship Center in Covington visited the Summit at Sadleback Church in California in August.
Rotary Club welcomes new president
Ed and Angie Tracey recently hosted a Party with a Purpose to support Phoenix Pass, a transitional housing program for homeless women and children in Rockdale County.
Bernard and Edwina Lee, who live at 2300 Mallory Circle, received the Conyers Garden Club Yard of Month award for July.
The Conyers Garden Club recently honored Jim Walton of 1133 Jimson Circle with the Yard of the Month for June.
- Whitney 60th anniversary
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use your Girl Scout cookies for Thin Mints Cupcakes
- The Recipe Box: Fill your French toast roll-ups with cream cheese, fruit, spreads
- THE RECIPE BOX: Frozen banana bites a playful dessert
- THE RECIPE BOX: Oven-baked flat iron steak a juicy dinner choice
- THE RECIPE BOX: Hearty beef soup good for cold wintry days
- The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Prepare roasted cabbage as a healthy side dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Homemade mayonnaise a healthy alternative to store-bought
- The Recipe Box: Roasted vegetables a healthy side dish
- Include sweet potato minis on your Thanksgiving menu
- JOHN PEARRELL: People make Christianity more complicated with rules, demands
- JULIE WELLS: There is great 'Joy' in watching daughter fulfill God's plan
- TONY ELDER: Jesus saves us from our sinful selves
- ORRIN MORRIS: Ruellia could take root under hedges next to home
- Central Community Church hosts conference for mothers
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Modern TV shows provide cautionary tales, much like parables
- JAMES BEHRENS: Jesus reminds us that life is not problem-free
- JULIE WELLS: Praise Jesus daily with your words and actions
- JOHN PEARRELL: Read Genesis carefully before dismissing the creation story
- Fundraiser benefits ministry assisting those in crisis, transition