Conyers Garden Club performs community improvement projects
The St. Pius Parish Council of Catholic Women presented donations to three local charities at their monthly meeting on May 14.
Four-year-old Sarah Barker models a spring outfit during the Fashion Extravaganza, a fashion show fund raiser hosted by the Pilot Club at the Conyers Presbyterian Church in May.
Conyers Garden Club member, at left, Susan Hicks assists Joyce Andrews as she auctions off plants at the club’s annual plant sale and luncheon, held this year at the home of Beverly Rohrbaugh.
Conyers Garden Club
The winner of the Oxford Lions Club Peace Poster contest Alexia Harper, an Indian Creek Middle School student, is shown with her art teacher Jack Meacham. Harper received a cash prize, and the art department received a donation from the Oxford Lions.
The Covington Elkadettes donated four clothes baskets, each filled with a pair of twin bed sheets, a pillow case, a bath towel, wash rag and a bottle of hand lotion to residents at Elks Aidmore Children's Center, a residential facility in Conyers for at-risk youth.
Conyers Garden Club yard of the month for February.
Westbury Health and Rehabilitation of Conyers recently crowned Paulette Heitz, shown in center, as Miss Westbury 2012.
he Past Exalted Rulers of the Covington Elks Lodge honored the first responders in Newton County at a recent breakfast.
Matt Taylor, left, facility manager at the Newton County Recreation Department at Turner Lake Recreation Center, was recently presented a certificate of appreciation by James Hurt, an instructor with the AARP Driver Safety Program, for the department's longtime support and dedication to the program.
Bailey Ferguson shows off a monster catfish he caught in a private lake in western Rockdale County recently. The catfish weighed in at about 28 pounds.. His father, Daryle Ferguson, was there when Bailey, 14, made the big haul.. His grandfather Bill Ferguson said Bailey is a natural fisherman and
Susan Morgan, left, the director at Olivia Haydel Senior Center, was recently presented a certificate of appreciation by James Hurt, an instructor with the AARP Driver Safety Program, for the center's longtime support and dedication to the program
Girl Scout Troop Number 11593, a combination of Brownies and Juniors, who meet at Ebenezer United Methodist Church, have been collecting dog food, cat food, dog toys and cat toys for the past three months. Recently the girl scouts delivered their collection of items to Rockdale County Animal Control.
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
- Smith 45th Anniversary
- Ferguson 50th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweeten a picnic with grape salad
- THE RECIPE BOX: Spinach lasagna rolls worth the prep time
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- THE RECIPE BOX: Swiss steak in the Crock-Pot makes the house smell good
- The Recipe Box: For a low calorie dessert, try banana ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Breakfast oatmeal cookies a quick, healthy way to start the day
- RECIPE BOX: Penne pasta recipe mixes Alfredo, red sauce
- JOHN PEARRELL: God created sex as a sacred expression of love between a married couple
- ORRIN MORRIS: Fire pink, or catchfly, saves its nectar for bees, hummingbirds
- TONY ELDER: Cultivate good in your heart to overcome hatred
- East Metro Christian Writer's group offers free summer writing workshops
- JOE LAGUARDIA: God will lead you down the right path if you trust Him
- Newton High graduate returns to sing at Rutledge Baptist
- ORRIN MORRIS: Yellow wood-sorrel, nicknamed sour grass, adds bitter flavor to salads
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Discomfort of change necessary to grow closer with God
- JOHN PEARRELL: God welcomes everyone, even those who stray from their beliefs
- TONY ELDER: Take time each day to savor nuggets of wisdom in Bible