Westbury Health & Rehabilitation held its annual pageant titled "Sweethearts of Westbury" on March 14.
The Mary Brown Tinkham Chapter, Colonial Dames 17th Century, recently met at the Honey Creek Golf and Country Club. Educator, Citizen newspaper columnist and humorist Darrell Huckaby was an honored guest.
The Conyers Garden Club speaker for February was Betty Thompson, shown here at left along with club member Pat Bryan.
Rockdale County Special Olympic teams recently participated in the State Indoor Winter Special Olympics Games in Cobb County, which included basketball, bowling, floor hockey, roller skating, power lifting and gymnastics.
In December, Kiwanis Club of Conyers members shopped and bought gifts for 17 families at Sims Elementary School.
Garden Club holds fundraiser
XYZ Organization installs new officers
Hightower Trail Elementary School sponsored its annual Gift of Loving Tree in which parents, students and business partners chose a gift listed on a tree ornament and purchased and wrapped the gift for a family in need at the school.
Rotary Club of Conyers members were recognized for their contributions to Rotary programs and received the Paul Harris Society award, which is named after the founder of Rotary.
Local scoutmaster honored for 40 years as leader
Rockdale 4-H place at Cotton Boll competition
Hodge donates hair to Locks for Love
Boys and Girls Club names essay winners
Rusty and Katrina Lamb, who live at 1291 Oxford Drive, received the Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month award for November.
Westbury Health & Rehabilitation residents, from left, Mercer Conyers, Lillie McIntosh, and Kelly Smith, along with volunteer Mia Collado are shown in front of the Angel Tree.
- ANNIVERSARY: Tom and Patricia Abbott 50th anniversary
- ANNIVERSARY: Tommy and Sue Bowers celebrate their 67th anniversary
- Conyers couple celebrates 75th wedding anniversary
- Couple celebrates 60 years of wedded bliss
- Coggins 70th anniversary
- Whitney 60th anniversary
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Try these favorite tips and tricks while cooking
- THE RECIPE BOX: Keep fried avocado recipe for Cinco de Mayo
- THE RECIPE BOX: Easter trifle a sweet, silky dessert for holiday dinner
- THE RECIPE BOX: Bacon-wrapped asparagus a flexible dish for spring
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet mini muffins a time-saver and crowd-pleaser
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use chipotle rub on roasted pork loin for savory flavor
- THE RECIPE BOX: Roasted Brussels sprouts an easy, healthy side dish
- JULIE WELLS: Open-face chicken and onion sandwiches hit the spot
- THE RECIPE BOX: Delicious French onion soup casserole a nice change from meat and potatoes
- THE RECIPE BOX: Almond butter fudge makes for a chocolatey, sweet Valentine treat
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Christians carry an obligation to respond to God’s call
- TONY ELDER: Pray that the Spirit of Christ shines through us and inspires others to embrace Him
- ORRIN MORRIS: Deptford pink derives its name from an English town
- JULIE WELLS: Be careful not to put others before Christ
- JAMES BEHRENS: Jesus remains by your side on the long, sometimes hectic road of life
- JOHN PEARRELL: When delivering Jesus’ message, we need to be geared to the times
- Orphanage Emmanuel serves over 500 children ages infant to late teen
- JOHN PEARRELL: Don't try to bend God to your will
- JAMES BEHRENS: Nothing every truly dies under the power of God
- JULIE WELLS: Find your identity in Jesus Christ