Rotary Club of Conyers members were recognized for their contributions to Rotary programs and received the Paul Harris Society award, which is named after the founder of Rotary.
Local scoutmaster honored for 40 years as leader
Rockdale 4-H place at Cotton Boll competition
Hodge donates hair to Locks for Love
Boys and Girls Club names essay winners
Rusty and Katrina Lamb, who live at 1291 Oxford Drive, received the Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month award for November.
Westbury Health & Rehabilitation residents, from left, Mercer Conyers, Lillie McIntosh, and Kelly Smith, along with volunteer Mia Collado are shown in front of the Angel Tree.
Pilot Club gives out awards
RMC Auxiliary board name board members for the 2012-2013 year.
The Conyers Garden Club presented Gary and Bonnie DuPree of Country Lane Way with the club's Landscape Design Award for the month of September.
Janice Olejnik, director of the Refuge Pregnancy Center, at right, recently accepted, on behalf of the center, approximately 40 baby bottles filled with money from 7-year-old Brianna Manuel. Brianna collected the money from church members at her church, City of David Covenant Church in Conyers.
Covington First United Methodist Church members Rachel Fisher and her daughter Madeline are pictured here with the pumpkin they choose from last year's FUMC Pumpkin Patch.
Conyers resident Jessica Thornhill, 10, is pictured here is with Gov. Nathan Deal.
An unidentified group of people gathers to pray for the school year at the Community on Our Knees event, sponsored by the Covington First United Methodist Church and held on the Square in Covington.
Alice Gadson, and her husband Benjamin, not pictured, of 2997 Parkmore Drive, were the recipients of the Conyers Garden Club August Yard of the Month recipient Yard of the Month for August award.
- Couple celebrates 60 years of wedded bliss
- Whitney 60th anniversary
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Prepare honey roasted carrots as sweet, healthy side dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Fruit in the mix and icing makes supreme cake flavorful
- THE RECIPE BOX: Roasted cauliflower soup creamy, but healthy
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use your Girl Scout cookies for Thin Mints Cupcakes
- The Recipe Box: Fill your French toast roll-ups with cream cheese, fruit, spreads
- THE RECIPE BOX: Frozen banana bites a playful dessert
- THE RECIPE BOX: Oven-baked flat iron steak a juicy dinner choice
- THE RECIPE BOX: Hearty beef soup good for cold wintry days
- The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Prepare roasted cabbage as a healthy side dish
- JOHN PEARRELL: Influential Jesus drew crowds of people, both supporters and naysayers
- TONY ELDER: Seek to follow God’s standards in this moral and spiritual wilderness
- JOE LAGUARDIA: The Holy Spirit defies all assumptions about where He is at work
- Salem Camp Meeting featured on Atlanta Interfaith Network in 12 Atlanta counties
- Bald Rock Baptist hosts Gospel Explosion at Rockdale Auditorium
- ORRIN MORRIS: Look for buttercups in fields, on roadsides from May to September
- JAMES BEHRENS: We can find God’s kingdom right here on earth
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Pastors must take care not to copy others' work without giving credit
- JOHN PEARRELL: We shouldn't just go through the motions when worshipping Jesus
- ORRIN MORRIS: Look for coreopsis' yellow daisy-like bloom along roadsides this time of year