Rotary Club of Conyers members were recognized for their contributions to Rotary programs and received the Paul Harris Society award, which is named after the founder of Rotary.
Local scoutmaster honored for 40 years as leader
Rockdale 4-H place at Cotton Boll competition
Hodge donates hair to Locks for Love
Boys and Girls Club names essay winners
Rusty and Katrina Lamb, who live at 1291 Oxford Drive, received the Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month award for November.
Westbury Health & Rehabilitation residents, from left, Mercer Conyers, Lillie McIntosh, and Kelly Smith, along with volunteer Mia Collado are shown in front of the Angel Tree.
Pilot Club gives out awards
RMC Auxiliary board name board members for the 2012-2013 year.
The Conyers Garden Club presented Gary and Bonnie DuPree of Country Lane Way with the club's Landscape Design Award for the month of September.
Janice Olejnik, director of the Refuge Pregnancy Center, at right, recently accepted, on behalf of the center, approximately 40 baby bottles filled with money from 7-year-old Brianna Manuel. Brianna collected the money from church members at her church, City of David Covenant Church in Conyers.
Covington First United Methodist Church members Rachel Fisher and her daughter Madeline are pictured here with the pumpkin they choose from last year's FUMC Pumpkin Patch.
Conyers resident Jessica Thornhill, 10, is pictured here is with Gov. Nathan Deal.
An unidentified group of people gathers to pray for the school year at the Community on Our Knees event, sponsored by the Covington First United Methodist Church and held on the Square in Covington.
Alice Gadson, and her husband Benjamin, not pictured, of 2997 Parkmore Drive, were the recipients of the Conyers Garden Club August Yard of the Month recipient Yard of the Month for August award.
- Conyers couple celebrates 75th wedding anniversary
- Couple celebrates 60 years of wedded bliss
- Whitney 60th anniversary
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Creamy white chili perfect dinner for fall
- THE RECIPE BOX: Serve sausage squares at holiday gatherings, parties, showers or as family meal
- THE RECIPE BOX: Prepare honey roasted carrots as sweet, healthy side dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Fruit in the mix and icing makes supreme cake flavorful
- THE RECIPE BOX: Roasted cauliflower soup creamy, but healthy
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use your Girl Scout cookies for Thin Mints Cupcakes
- The Recipe Box: Fill your French toast roll-ups with cream cheese, fruit, spreads
- THE RECIPE BOX: Frozen banana bites a playful dessert
- THE RECIPE BOX: Oven-baked flat iron steak a juicy dinner choice
- THE RECIPE BOX: Hearty beef soup good for cold wintry days
- New Smyrna Presbyterian Church pastor brings enthusiasm, theater training to pulpit
- JOHN PEARRELL: History reinforces our confidence in Bible
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Greatest story of all time is the good news found in the Gospel
- TONY ELDER: Christ’s love compels us to assist, not hinder, spiritual journey of others
- JULIE WELLS: Take time to pray for others in distress
- JAMES BEHRENS: Photographer Roy De Carava’s work is as inspiring as any sermon, hymn or psalm
- ORRIN MORRIS: Hog peanut a delicacy for wild boar which tear through fences to eat it
- New pastor at Ebenezer UMC comes from long line of Methodist clergy
- JULIE WELLS: This holiday season, try a spiritual detox to make your heart right with God
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Learning how to sacrifice desires strengthens faith in God, values